Honda CRV 2WD Scarce

Discussions about other vehicles other than the Vibe & Matrix.
jake75

Honda CRV 2WD Scarce

Post by jake75 »

Seems that the vast majority in stock are AWD. Only 1 mpg difference but (1) don't think I need that in Columbus, OH; (2) adds $1,250 to the cost, and (3) something else to go wrong. Am I missing some advantage to AWD?
2009 Vibe 1.8L Carbon Gray AT Power Pkg 1/12/092003 Vibe 1.8L Neptune AT Mono Power Pkg 1/27/03 [sold 2/2/09]2007 T&C SWB 7/31/07 "Broke people stay broke by living like they're rich. Rich people stay rich by living like they're broke."
10vibe

Re: Honda CRV 2WD Scarce

Post by 10vibe »

Lots of advantages. More pricey repairs down the line, adds a few points to testosterone, makes one more confident in the areas of love (I hear), almost as good as a blue pill, heightens mood better than the latest serotonin reuptake inhibitors, makes one more confident to drive too fast in bad weather, helps fund poor tow truck drivers and auto body repair shops, makes one use more commas and run-on sentences.....

Seriously though it might have one big advantage and that is better resell value.

It can come in handy unless Al Gore is right. But hey, those five or six days of snow fall a year will be a breeze.

What's a few extra bucks up front to feel invincible!
2010 Vibe 1.8 auto, fwd, base, air, preferred package, cargo mgt, cargo cover, ultra white.
petervivian

Post by petervivian »

Columbus, OH doesn't have much snow?
05 Vibe (Frosty), 13 VW CC (Fortana Red)
10vibe

Post by 10vibe »

petervivian wrote:Columbus, OH doesn't have much snow?
According to Al Gore! Sell short on parka and snow mobile companies! :D

Honestly though, I spend a lot of time a couple hours south of Columbus and the snow accumulation is not bad and does not last long. But I might measure winter a little more like a mid westerner from Northeast Iowa, for which I spent a long period of time there. But extreme cold snaps and lots of snow fall like in the 70's, 80's, and early 90's rarely happens anymore that lasts for long periods a time.

Even Michigan with its' world famous lake effect snow seems to be waning. The last couple years there has not really been enough snow accumulation or long periods of freeze to go snow mobile riding in the Southwestern part of Michigan.
2010 Vibe 1.8 auto, fwd, base, air, preferred package, cargo mgt, cargo cover, ultra white.
ColonelPanic

Post by ColonelPanic »

I checked the local inventory of the CRV - scarce indeed. Honda's not alone though, local inventories of both the RAV4 and Rogue are heavily biased toward AWD models... Are they forcing AWD on people by including it in some sort of "one size fits all" trim / option scheme?

By far, the easiest FWD compact SUV to find locally is the Escape. Our FWD Escape does perfectly fine in the "winter" we have here. I'm glad Ford got the product mix right for what people *should* be buying around here, made our shopping a lot easier. ;)
03 Vibe base. Born 10/14/2002 06:07 AM
Auto, Moon & Tunes, power package. 143k
Neptune/dying clearcoat/primer grey. :lol:

'21 Elantra Limited - 2.0L/IVT
'15 Escape SE - 1.6L EcoBoost (hers)
Image Image