Genvibe Meet 2013!

List events, gatherings, rallies, meets, etc.
KITT222

Re: Genvibe Meet 2013!

Post by KITT222 »

Welcome Tim O! Glad to see you on the forum. Especially since you're also in Minnesota! I'll add you to the list, and look forward to seeing you in Pontiac!
tpollauf

Post by tpollauf »

KITT222 wrote:Welcome Tim O! Glad to see you on the forum. Especially since you're also in Minnesota! I'll add you to the list, and look forward to seeing you in Pontiac!
Say it ain't so :o Another Tim who owns a RED 2009 Vibe GT :?: I bet it's got a slushbox instead of my manual tranny :shock: From one Tim to another ......................... WELCOME to GenVibe ;)
2009 Vibe GT (manual), 2009 G8Gt, 2009 Vibe GT (auto)
2014 Silverado, 2004 Vibe GT

"everything is modifiable"
vibenvy

Post by vibenvy »

MorbidAngel wrote:Hi Everyone,

I would like to introduce myself.. My Name is Tim, I bought a Red 2009 Vibe GT back last August and been reading the forums since then.

I saw you are going to have a meet on June 15, I think that will be fun so sign me up.. I'll be there ! :D

This is my first Vibe and I have to say it is a fun car to drive, I have not any any problems since I bought it in last year... other then the Minnesota winter of -45 below zero wind chill factor killing my battery lol.

Al though I'm new to Vibe, I'm not new to Pontiac's !! I have had 3 Pontiac Sunfires !! another fun car to dive !

I will see and meet you all in next month !!!

Thanks

Tim O
Welcome to GenVibe Tim! Great to see we'll have another 2009 GT owner in attendance in Pontiac! You and I will have to discuss Sunfires while we're there as I've owned two and my mom also owned one. We love Sunfires too :D!
2009 Liquid Platinum Metallic Vibe GT - 5-Speed Auto – Garage
2009 Steel Blue Metallic Vibe GT - 5-Speed Auto – Garage
hotbug1776

Post by hotbug1776 »

vibenvy wrote:
MorbidAngel wrote:Hi Everyone,

I would like to introduce myself.. My Name is Tim, I bought a Red 2009 Vibe GT back last August and been reading the forums since then.

I saw you are going to have a meet on June 15, I think that will be fun so sign me up.. I'll be there ! :D

This is my first Vibe and I have to say it is a fun car to drive, I have not any any problems since I bought it in last year... other then the Minnesota winter of -45 below zero wind chill factor killing my battery lol.

Al though I'm new to Vibe, I'm not new to Pontiac's !! I have had 3 Pontiac Sunfires !! another fun car to dive !

I will see and meet you all in next month !!!

Thanks

Tim O
Welcome to GenVibe Tim! Great to see we'll have another 2009 GT owner in attendance in Pontiac! You and I will have to discuss Sunfires while we're there as I've owned two and my mom also owned one. We love Sunfires too :D!
Me too!!! Me too!!! Still have my old quad4 sitting in the garage. Lol
tpollauf

Post by tpollauf »

Seeing how the reservation deadline is within two weeks ..... I just reserved my room :D I just wish I had more mods done to my Vibe but have been busy with other things. I should be in much better shape for the 2014 meet 8-)

Also I just PM's "areles" Ron, as nobody has heard from him. I believe he would have celebrated his 70th birthday by now so I hope he's still with us. Hopefully he replies to me soon :)

KITT222

Post by KITT222 »

Andrew, you should put that Quad4 in the Vibe. *coughsoIcantakethatsuperchargercoughcough*
tpollauf wrote:Seeing how the reservation deadline is within two weeks ..... I just reserved my room :D I just wish I had more mods done to my Vibe but have been busy with other things. I should be in much better shape for the 2014 meet 8-)

Also I just PM's "areles" Ron, as nobody has heard from him. I believe he would have celebrated his 70th birthday by now so I hope he's still with us. Hopefully he replies to me soon :)
I have PM'd Ron, too. Anybody have his contact info? Andrew? It would be great to have him there.

EDIT: anybody missing from the list on the front page?
hotbug1776

Post by hotbug1776 »

Vibenvy had Ron's cell number. This was according to the Erie meet posts. Maybe she still has it in her phone?
hotbug1776

Post by hotbug1776 »

As we get closer to the meet, perhaps a forum wide sticky to draw in those who wouldn't normally visit the Events forum?
vibenvy

Post by vibenvy »

hotbug1776 wrote:Vibenvy had Ron's cell number. This was according to the Erie meet posts. Maybe she still has it in her phone?
(two.six.zero) seven.two.six - five.six.zero.three

I have a bunch of stuff going on this weekend so I won't have a chance to call him until next week some time, so if anyone has time this weekend, please go ahead and give him a call and of course report back here on how he's doing, whether he's coming to the meet or not, etc.
KITT222

Post by KITT222 »

I recommend someone other than me call. I'm awkward and shy, especially on the phone.
hotbug1776

Post by hotbug1776 »

Called Ron at the number given, but there was no answer. It could be that he doesn't know my number.
vibenvy

Post by vibenvy »

hotbug1776 wrote:Called Ron at the number given, but there was no answer. It could be that he doesn't know my number.
I will try giving him a call one day this week and see if I can get a hold of him.
A Psycho Martyr

Post by A Psycho Martyr »

Guys I'm trying, I really am.

I have the opportunity to get my seats done, so I'm taking it.

If I'd DO attend tho, I'll be bunking in das Vibe.

Things are looking up, but it's still about 50/50 at this point. :?
KITT222

Post by KITT222 »

A Psycho Martyr wrote:Guys I'm trying, I really am.

I have the opportunity to get my seats done, so I'm taking it.

Things are looking up, but it's still about 50/50 at this point. :?
Anything we can do to push that closer to 100/0? Should I renew my offer of free kittens? ;)
tpollauf

Post by tpollauf »

A Psycho Martyr wrote:

When you attend, there will be plenty of offers for use of shower & cleaning facilities at the hotel. If my wife does not come with me I'll have an extra bed. Plus we want to see these seats IN PERSON !!!

tpollauf

Post by tpollauf »

KITT222 wrote:
Anything we can do to push that closer to 100/0? Should I renew my offer of free kittens? ;)
I think Brandon will make it. ;)

Say Nick, go an extra $12k laying around ??? viewtopic.php?f=46&t=40904&p=481880#p481880" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

This way you won't have to wait 20-30 years to inherit my Vibe GT :lol:

KITT222

Post by KITT222 »

tpollauf wrote:
KITT222 wrote:
I think Brandon will make it. ;)

Say Nick, go an extra $12k laying around ??? viewtopic.php?f=46&t=40904&p=481880#p481880" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

This way you won't have to wait 20-30 years to inherit my Vibe GT :lol:
I love it, but I'd rather spend that cash on college... or the Vibe I currently have. It's going to be tough to keep it with me at school, but where there's a will, there's a way. Or a nearby storage facility.
MorbidAngel

Post by MorbidAngel »

Thanks everyone for the warm welcome to the forums !!

I will be arriving Friday after noon sometime... maybe I could find the other early people for a "pre-meet" :)

I will be staying at the Super 8 down the street.

I saw in a post that someone will be handing out goodie bags... I will be bring a bunch of stuff that can be added to those goodie bags for everyone !!

Also, you can't spend a weekend in Illinois with out going to see The Blue Man Group in Chicago !! So Sunday I'm heading up there to see them, with front row seats !!
and if anyone is interested.... they still have lots of seat available. http://www.blueman.com/tickets/chicago/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

See everyone in 37 days !

P.S. I don't have any mods done to my car :oops: but will be interested in seeing what everyone else has done to their cars :!:
hotbug1776

Post by hotbug1776 »

MorbidAngel wrote:Thanks everyone for the warm welcome to the forums !!

I will be arriving Friday after noon sometime... maybe I could find the other early people for a "pre-meet" :)

I saw in a post that someone will be handing out goodie bags... I will be bring a bunch of stuff that can be added to those goodie bags for everyone !!

Also, you can't spend a weekend in Illinois with out going to see The Blue Man Group in Chicago !! So Sunday I'm heading up there to see them, with front row seats !!
and if anyone is interested.... they still have lots of seat available. http://www.blueman.com/tickets/chicago/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

P.S. I don't have any mods done to my car :oops: but will be interested in seeing what everyone else has done to their cars :!:
I'm at the Super 8 as well. We'll park close, Vibes run in packs like wolves, or hamsters, or other vicious creatures. LOL
CAMOGIRL

Post by CAMOGIRL »

lol.. vicious creatures.

Speaking of vicious creatures, if my hubby can't make it, I may be bringing a herd of my best girlfriends.
Well-behaved women rarely make history.
hotbug1776

Post by hotbug1776 »

CAMOGIRL wrote:lol.. vicious creatures.

Speaking of vicious creatures, if my hubby can't make it, I may be bringing a herd of my best girlfriends.
You mean, roller derby girls? Oh my. Ruffians. Lol
CAMOGIRL

Post by CAMOGIRL »

Lol.. yeah, derby girls. Don't worry, we only rough up others on skates. I don't know what cruise night entails, but if there is parked downtime, I'd like to lace up the skates and stroll down the street to check out all the rides.
KITT222

Post by KITT222 »

Yeah, if anyone has any goodies for the bags, please bring them. Time is short (ish) and school needs to wrap up for me :? Regardless, I'll come up with some ideas, and maybe some trophies and stuff.
hotbug1776

Post by hotbug1776 »

KITT222 wrote:Yeah, if anyone has any goodies for the bags, please bring them. Time is short (ish) and school needs to wrap up for me :? Regardless, I'll come up with some ideas, and maybe some trophies and stuff.
Don't worry, I'm bringing what's left of last years bags as well. Lol
CAMOGIRL

Post by CAMOGIRL »

I don't know if someone has this covered, or if anyone is interested, but if someone wanted to design a vector for a die-cut vinyl sticker signifying the meet, I'd be happy to have them cut and bring them with to add to the goodie bags, or just have one for anyone who wants them.
KITT222

Post by KITT222 »

You can have vinyls cut!? Why was this not mentioned before? I'd like to get some form of vinyl cut for everyone in the goodies bags, and maybe some other ones as prizes.
CAMOGIRL

Post by CAMOGIRL »

KITT222 wrote:You can have vinyls cut!? Why was this not mentioned before? I'd like to get some form of vinyl cut for everyone in the goodies bags, and maybe some other ones as prizes.
:lol: Yeah, I guess I forgot it's been a while since I last made that known. I have two different friends in the Vinyl business, one set who usually do my die-cuts, and the other set who design and vinyl racecars for a living, who will be doing my vinyl for the Sonic.

Also, when it's special requests from me like this, I usually have to jump in and do the dirty work of weeding it out, so I needed to make sure I'd have the time to help them out. Looks like I will.

Nick, get me the design somehow and I will make it happen.
tpollauf

Post by tpollauf »

Lets not forget the official meet Towel, like we had for last year's 2012 Erie meet. It is still in my Vibe. I'll need a 2013 Pontiac one, and then one from 2014, 2015, etc .....

Also how many different hotels are all of us staying at? I'm @ the Best Western & curious if others are there also. Looking forward to this meet ;)

hotbug1776

Post by hotbug1776 »

tpollauf wrote:Lets not forget the official meet Towel, like we had for last year's 2012 Erie meet. It is still in my Vibe. I'll need a 2013 Pontiac one, and then one from 2014, 2015, etc .....

Also how many different hotels are all of us staying at? I'm @ the Best Western & curious if others are there also. Looking forward to this meet ;)
I'm at the Super 8 just off I55, it was free after all. LOL
KITT222

Post by KITT222 »

CAMOGIRL wrote:
KITT222 wrote:You can have vinyls cut!? Why was this not mentioned before? I'd like to get some form of vinyl cut for everyone in the goodies bags, and maybe some other ones as prizes.
:lol: Yeah, I guess I forgot it's been a while since I last made that known. I have two different friends in the Vinyl business, one set who usually do my die-cuts, and the other set who design and vinyl racecars for a living, who will be doing my vinyl for the Sonic.

Also, when it's special requests from me like this, I usually have to jump in and do the dirty work of weeding it out, so I needed to make sure I'd have the time to help them out. Looks like I will.

Nick, get me the design somehow and I will make it happen.
Great, now I need to come up with some designs... :?
tpollauf wrote:Lets not forget the official meet Towel, like we had for last year's 2012 Erie meet. It is still in my Vibe. I'll need a 2013 Pontiac one, and then one from 2014, 2015, etc .....

I'll have a microfiber, and a sharpie. Decent?

I'll be reserving my Bestern West room before this weekend. Maybe we'll end up two rooms from each other like we did last year.
MorbidAngel

Post by MorbidAngel »

Looks like June 15 in Pontiac, Il is going to be a busy place... not only us but 2 other big events are going on...

Iron Pigs MC - Central Ilinois Chapter http://ironpigsmcillinois.com/

Rustic Auto - Hang Loose Cruise http://rusticautoclub.com/?repeat=w3tc

http://pontiaccruisenight.com/pdfs/crui ... _flyer.pdf
CAMOGIRL

Post by CAMOGIRL »

KITT222 wrote:
Great, now I need to come up with some designs... :?
Don't stress too much about it, Nick. Something small and simple that everyone can wear til next year, or accumulate as a sort of badge of honor..lol. Words only are fine, even. I like your styling of the original badge on the first page, if you could come up with something a little more compact. I just don't have the software for photo/graphics editing like I used to :/

Oh by the way.. I'M GETTING EXCITED ABOUT THIS!!

I think my bb girl is coming too, she wants to check out what all we can do to HER Vibe GT when we get it ;)
vibenvy

Post by vibenvy »

I worked too late all this past week to give Ron a call, so I will call him tomorrow and see if I can get ahold of him. I am getting really excited! I will be taking a road trip to Pontiac at some point before the meet to figure out the best cruise route to Starved Rock and back. I will also be calling tomorrow to make my reservation at the Best Western for Friday and Saturday nights. I have so much to do to the Vibes and seemingly not enough time to do it all in :|.
MorbidAngel wrote:Thanks everyone for the warm welcome to the forums !!

Any chance you would be interested in these? If so, I'll do $175.00 for all of them. This offer goes for anyone else as well.
kostby

Post by kostby »

Move us up to the 'definite maybe' list!
Our son just graduated from college and is looking for a job, so our plans to attend could change at the last minute.
We made a reservation for Friday night at the Quality Inn next to the Best Western on Reynolds St.
The Best Western reservation system had a problem with the fact that we moved since the last time I stayed in a BW probably 10 years ago, and it still couldn't handle my online reservation after updating my info AND after 3 more tries, so I booked at Quality Inn instead for a huge 50 CENTS more per night. :lol:

Here's a teaser from the 2010 Indy Supermeet some of you may remember...
Attachments
3-generations of Vibe 600 px.jpg
3-generations of Vibe 600 px.jpg (130.6 KiB) Viewed 15799 times

My 2003 Vibe Base Auto 2-tone Salsa "SalsaWagon" was built in May 2002. I acquired it in Feb 2004/Traded it in on a 2016 Honda HR-V in Feb 2018.
tpollauf

Post by tpollauf »

Those FEW of us who made it to the Erie meet last summer got these nifty lil towels :D They measure 11" x 17"

Not sure who made these up BUT a similar towel for this year's meet would sure be nice :!:

hotbug1776

Post by hotbug1776 »

tpollauf wrote:Those FEW of us who made it to the Erie meet last summer got these nifty lil towels :D They measure 11" x 17"

Not sure who made these up BUT a similar towel for this year's meet would sure be nice :!:
I had those made. It was my gift to GenVibe for coming to Erie. I still have a few I think, Need to put a few in the car before the trip.
A Psycho Martyr

I'm going to take Vacation Days at work for this event, but it's still a maybe for me.

I really wanna go since I'll be in a new car in about a year and won't be so actively modding the Vibe (if at all)

Doubt I'll attend another meet fter this unless it's within 100 miles
hotbug1776

Post by hotbug1776 »

A Psycho Martyr wrote:I'm going to take Vacation Days at work for this event, but it's still a maybe for me.

I really wanna go since I'll be in a new car in about a year and won't be so actively modding the Vibe (if at all)

Doubt I'll attend another meet fter this unless it's within 100 miles
Would 250 miles to the Tail of the Dragon be too far?
Perhaps you should host next year?
If you sell the Vibe, keep us in mind.
KITT222

Post by KITT222 »

Reserved a room! Now nobody has any excuse not to have one reserved. Also, the block expires in three days, so get 'em now!
tpollauf

Post by tpollauf »

A Psycho Martyr wrote:I'm going to take Vacation Days at work for this event, but it's still a maybe for me.

Brandon. Assuming you make the trip, you'll have some FREE gas for the trip back :D

hotbug1776 wrote: I had those made. It was my gift to GenVibe for coming to Erie. I still have a few I think, Need to put a few in the car before the trip.
Andrew. I thought it was you. Any chance of having a batch of 20 or so made up for this year's meet? Count me in if you need some $$$ funding to get them made :D

A Psycho Martyr

tpollauf wrote:Brandon. Assuming you make the trip, you'll have some FREE gas for the trip back :D
Huh????
Did I miss something?
hotbug1776 wrote:If you sell the Vibe, keep us in mind.
Nah, not selling it.
Keeping it to hopefully sell to my youngest brother when he turns 16 and gets a job.
And I dunno about hosting, not familiar wit Florida at all, but I might attend in the new ride.
KITT222

Post by KITT222 »

A Psycho Martyr wrote:
hotbug1776 wrote:If you sell the Vibe, keep us in mind.
Nah, not selling it.
Keeping it to hopefully sell to my youngest brother when he turns 16 and gets a job.
And I dunno about hosting, not familiar wit Florida at all, but I might attend in the new ride.
Tail of the Dragon... in Tennessee. I made the same mistake in the 2013 planning back in the fall.

Hosting is easy (ish). Heck, I thought someone else was going to host. But I made a post in the GV FB page, and it exploded.
A Psycho Martyr

Oh, ok.
Well I might attend but I don't know if I'll be on here so active by that time
vibenvy

Post by vibenvy »

I just called Ron (areles). After about 10 rings, I got a generic voicemail message. I left a message saying who I was and that if it was indeed the number for Ron from GenVibe that I was wondering if he had been on here to see this post about the meet we're having. I left my number for him to call me back, so we'll see what happens.

*EDIT* I just checked Ron's member profile on here. According to it, he last logged in on Tuesday May 7, 2013 1:06 PM. I'm not sure why he hasn't posted in this thread, but let's hope that this means he's doing well and maybe he's going to surprise us in Pontiac.
A Psycho Martyr

Must, just made it official at work
I'm off (getting paid) for the dates and can be there Fri night and leave Sun afternoon.

Now just gotta line up the gas moo-lah and spending money.
If that first as planned I'll be there.... still iffy tho.

Not sure the wife realizes that Saturday is Father's Day :?
hotbug1776

Post by hotbug1776 »

A Psycho Martyr wrote:Must, just made it official at work
I'm off (getting paid) for the dates and can be there Fri night and leave Sun afternoon.

Good to see that you are at about 75% now. I'm sure it won't be all that bad for gas, but spending money will be the kicker. Lol
vibenvy

Post by vibenvy »

I still have not heard back from Ron :(.

I called the Best Western on my lunch break at work today and made my reservation for Friday and Saturday nights. I am thinking about taking that Thursday and Friday off of work. Thursday will be spent getting the Vibes all cleaned up and Friday I will probably plan on being there around check-in time (mid afternoon).
KITT222

Post by KITT222 »

A Psycho Martyr wrote:Must, just made it official at work

Maybe she wants to give you a break, and let you hang out with your Vibe buddies.
areles

Post by areles »

Hi all,

I'll be there in Pontiac for Friday and Saturday.

Areles (Ron)