Two interior cleaning product recommendations

Tips, tricks, and recommendations for keeping your vehicle looking new
vibenvy

Two interior cleaning product recommendations

Post by vibenvy »

I just wanted to share the two newest interior cleaning products I’ve tried with excellent results...

The first is WeatherTech’s TechCare Floor Mat & Floor Liner Cleaner. I had tried all sorts of different things to clean the GM rubber floor and cargo mats in our Vibes, but nothing ever seemed to work as well as I hoped. Once the mats dried, there would be a white residue in all the corners and it always drove me nuts as it made the mats look crappy and dirty. The TechCare Cleaner is amazing. In the bottle it’s liquid, but as soon as you start spraying it onto the mat, it turns to foam. As quickly as you spray it on the mat, it starts to turn brown as it lifts off all the dirt and other junk from your mats. I used a couple different brushes to really scrub our mats with the TechCare Cleaner, then rinsed them thoroughly and finally hung them outside to air dry. The mats are nice and black and clean. They’re not shiny or slippery, they just look clean and new which is exactly the look I’ve wanted all this time. The TechCare Cleaner is a bit pricey, but very well worth it in my opinion. I recommend getting the kit which includes a 15 oz. spray bottle and 24 oz. refill as it’s the best deal price-wise ($24.99).

The second is Mother’s VLR Vinyl – Leather – Rubber Care. Ever since we got our Vibes back in 2009, I’ve been looking for a product I could use on the “leather” that would keep it from cracking, drying, fading, etc. I had tried wipes, foam and cream, but all these products would leave the “leather” looking way too shiny for my liking. The Mother’s VLR smells great and doesn’t leave the “leather” shiny at all, but rather leaves it looking nice and clean and new. I did go over all the “leather” with a dry microfiber towel to remove any excess product, but even before doing this, I couldn’t believe how great the “leather” looked. It wasn’t super shiny at all, it just looked clean.

I couldn’t be happier with the results of using these two products! Let me know if you have any questions, comments, concerns, etc.
2009 Liquid Platinum Metallic Vibe GT - 5-Speed Auto – Garage
2009 Steel Blue Metallic Vibe GT - 5-Speed Auto – Garage
jolt

Re: Two interior cleaning product recommendations

Post by jolt »

I have used Meguiar's G9524 Hot Rims Wheel Cleaner - 24 oz. on my rubber floor mats. If I had not seen that you used a WeatherTech product, your description of the product and how it worked matches the G9524 product. The wheel and tire cleaner is very strong and must be rinsed off with water. The big difference is the G9524 cost ~$5.00 for the 24 oz spray bottle. I clean the tires, wheels, and floor mats with it.

http://www.meguiars.com/en/automotive/p ... -cleaner/#

http://www.amazon.com/Meguiars-G9524-Ri ... B0009IQXM2
vibenvy

Re: Two interior cleaning product recommendations

Post by vibenvy »

That's good to know, but I'm a diehard Mother's fan :ugeek:. The only non-Mother's products I use are Stoner's Invisible Glass, WeatherTech Floor Liner & Floor Mat Cleaner and Meguiar's Endurance Tire Gel.
2009 Liquid Platinum Metallic Vibe GT - 5-Speed Auto – Garage
2009 Steel Blue Metallic Vibe GT - 5-Speed Auto – Garage