Weird Marks on Front Bumper

Tips, tricks, and recommendations for keeping your vehicle looking new
seb0168

Weird Marks on Front Bumper

Post by seb0168 »

My car's front bumper was in perfect shape when I bought the car over two months ago. Then, I took three roadtrips and drove it over 30 hours in 2 weeks. I'm embarassed to say it, but I left a ton of bug guts on the front bumper for a few weeks after all my driving.

I detailed my car the other day, and noticed all these marks that don't come off. I don't know if the bugs took the paint off, or if I was just really unlucky and hit that many rocks.

What the heck did I do, and what do I do about it??

2009 Vibe GT

2003 Vibe RIP
Nyx8

Re: Weird Marks on Front Bumper

Post by Nyx8 »

Did they use a clay bar when detailing? I heard the Vibes didn't have paint that held up well over the years. Personally I'm having my hood/front bumper repainted soon... but mine is an 06'.
~*Nyx*~
2014 Dodge Challenger SXT V6, approx 200 miles
SOLD - 2006 Pontiac Vibe Base 1.8L, 62k miles
SOLD - 1996 Pontiac Firebird V6, 94k miles
SOLD - 2004 Pontiac Sunfire 2.2L, 45k miles
SOLD - 1989 Pontiac Grand Am V6, 100k miles
seb0168

Post by seb0168 »

Nyx8 wrote:Did they use a clay bar when detailing? I heard the Vibes didn't have paint that held up well over the years. Personally I'm having my hood/front bumper repainted soon... but mine is an 06'.

I've heard the same thing about the paint on the older Vibes. The paint on my '03 was literally perfect until it reached 10 years old, then it faded very quickly. I'm not sure what's been used in the past to detail my '09. I didn't use a clay bar when I detailed it. The spots look like I did get behind a gravel truck (I try really hard not to), but it's also where a million bugs were before I cleaned it. I've heard of the acid in bug guts screwing up people's paint.
2009 Vibe GT

2003 Vibe RIP
vibenvy

Post by vibenvy »

I'd try using a clay bar on it and than a good coat of wax.
2009 Liquid Platinum Metallic Vibe GT - 5-Speed Auto – Garage
2009 Steel Blue Metallic Vibe GT - 5-Speed Auto – Garage