So, I got hit....

Body kits, spoilers, lights, and anything on the exterior of the vehicle
OrangeMamba

So, I got hit....

Post by OrangeMamba »

Had a truck back into me so my rear bumper corner is pushed in. How, oh how do I pull/push it back out? Already tried the screw pull thing...

Thanks!
joatmon

Re: So, I got hit....

Post by joatmon »

my first option would be to make the insurance company for the owner of the truck fix it.

If that's not viable, then maybe pull the bumper off the car, might be easier to reshape it from the inside.

I've attached a couple of docs from the 03 Matrix manual, and while the body is one difference between Vibe and Matrix, I'd expect the differences in this case are very minor, so they should give you enough info to take it apart and see what's really damaged. One is an exploded view, one is a procedure

Its possible that the bumper reinforcement bar and/or the energy absorber inside are damaged. As safety parts of the rear crumple zone, you'd want to check them out to make sure they're ok
Attachments
x040001.pdf
Matrix rear bumper replacement procedure
(66.25 KiB) Downloaded 66 times
conponen.pdf
Matrix rear bumper components/exploded view
(59.68 KiB) Downloaded 63 times
CraftsmanQuad19

Re: So, I got hit....

Post by CraftsmanQuad19 »

I used a heat gun to push out the front bumper on my dads 04 buick lesabre. It takes a little patience and you have to push from the back side, but it’s not too bad. Just don’t get it hot enough to hurt the paint or melt the plastic. Just warm enough to soften it a bit
“I don’t do nothing well.” -Keith