Does 2005 Have a Liner in Rear Wheel Wells?

Body kits, spoilers, lights, and anything on the exterior of the vehicle
kc27

Does 2005 Have a Liner in Rear Wheel Wells?

Post by kc27 »

I purchased a 2005 Vibe recently, and am wondering if the rear wheel wells have liners. I you have a Vibe from this year or generation, let me know if your rear wheel wells have liners - thanks.

I checked the body manual that is online at https://www.genuinegmparts.com/for-prof ... model=Vibe, but the remove and replace instructions for the quarter panel read "Remove all related panels and components..." which really is not specific enough to answer the question of whether a liner or shield is supposed to be there.
joatmon

Re: Does 2005 Have a Liner in Rear Wheel Wells?

Post by joatmon »

My 2003 does not have plastic wheel well liners in the rear. The rear wheel wells are just undercoated body metal. The fronts have plastic liners, but my rear wheel wells do not. I'd bet your 2005 is the same
vibrologist

Post by vibrologist »

My '05 is exactly how joatmon described his '03.
Vibrologist
'05 Vibe

"It is important to know the difference between 'accurate' and 'precise' even if you are neither!"

viewtopic.php?f=30&t=43476
kc27

Post by kc27 »

joatmon is correct - I checked some vibes while pulling parts at a recycling yard. The drivers side rear has a plastic cover protecting some lines that are routed through the wheel well. It is not a wheel well liner. It looks like there is no splash shield or liner for the rear wheel wells.
zbyers

Post by zbyers »

All the above are correct. There is some plastic covering the fuel filler neck and lines in the driver wheel well, but nothing else.
'74 Thing, '79 El Camino, '83 VW DoKa '91 Vanagon, '03 Base, 04 GT
'06 CRV, '06 AWD, '07 Base, '12 Highlander Limited, '17 Frontier CCLB

Byerscrew Garage, GenVibe Facebook, How-To Index
Everything You Need To Know About the Pontiac Vibe