Loose Cladding Clip

Body kits, spoilers, lights, and anything on the exterior of the vehicle
lannvouivre

Loose Cladding Clip

Post by lannvouivre »

The front passenger door's cladding isn't attached to the clip that's on the end farthest from the door's hinge. The clip doesn't appear to be broken, but I don't know what to do to snap or slide it back on (and I don't want to go to the dealership to get them to fix it after the "$153 for an alignment check" thing).
"If you don't love me at my diddliest, you don't deserve me at my doodliest." - User ktluvscricket of reddit
MrHatchWagon

Re: Loose Cladding Clip (lannvouivre)

Post by MrHatchWagon »

I've had this happen to me recently. The old, misplaced clips were very difficult to remove so we just broke them instead with a pry bar and then put in new ones, making sure to slide them into the cladding before putting them inside the door. They're not exactly the same as the OEM clips, but the cladding isn't loose anymore, so it's good enough for now. Next time, I'll look and see if I can't find OEM clips for a perfect fit.
* Voted May 2012 MOTM! *
How To: Cupholder LED Mod
ramenboy...

Post by ramenboy... »

if the clip isn't broken, you should just be able to give the cladding a strong tap to pop it back into the door.
de-badged o4 vibe
tein s-techs | 17" msr 105 wheels | 235 45 17 nexen n7000
weapon-r short ram (thanx BC!) | typeR sport pedals | LED 3rd brake
o2 triumph speed four
KITT222

Post by KITT222 »

My friend just left my house. His cladding trim on his fender had come very loose, so we got it off, and none of the clips were salvageable. It's currently held on with tape. Not a good solution, so I'll be out looking for clips.
Persephone

Post by Persephone »

Kitt, your best bet is probably a body shop or a collision center, so you know. I looked at tons of parts stores and none of them had anything. For some reason no one around here cares about how their car looks and if they do, they pay tons of money to get it done. lolMy collision center gave me the clips for free.
My lovely Gambit.