AVS Ventshade vs Weathertech Window Visors

Body kits, spoilers, lights, and anything on the exterior of the vehicle
lowincash

AVS Ventshade vs Weathertech Window Visors

Post by lowincash »

When I first got my vibe I bought the weathertech in channel window visors and loved them. Love the sleek look and quality. However the back visor wasn't that good of a fit and wouldn't stay put so I ended up just using the front ones most of the time.I recently purchased the AVS ventshade after seeing csxt8058's car with them on and thought I give them a try. I never thought I like them but they blend pretty well with the black vibe. On the jet black vibe the door frames are painted body color so it's glossy like the visors. I actually really like them, like them more than the weathertechs lolHere's the thing, with the weathertech visors I feel like it's putting too much strain on the window motor when it goes up that last inch and it will always scratch my tint on where it goes in. That's the main reason I don't leave them on the car all the time and only use them when it rains. With the AVS it sticks on the outside, it doesn't put the strain on the window motor. Also, comparing the two, the AVS visors definitely block out a lot of wind when my windows are down. When I had the weathertech's on and windows down, I will still get wind hitting my head and face. Not so with the AVS ones. Surprisingly there is no wind noise as well when windows are up and driving down the highway. At first I thought the weathertechs are quiet but will hear whistling sound when driving over 70mph, not so with the AVS. Anyways, just thought I share my experience with them both Here are the AVS ventshadesHere are the weathertech ones I had before
-- 2009 Vibe GT in Jet Black
dustie

Re: AVS Ventshade vs Weathertech Window Visors (lowincash)

Post by dustie »

the visors rub on the inside of your windows?
silverbullet

Post by silverbullet »

I currently have the weathertechs. They use the same channel that the window rolls up into. So this channel that is supposed to fit one piece of glass, now is forced to fit that glass plus the piece of plastic. Makes for quite a tight fit. But I don't understand the tint issue, tint should be on the inside of the car. The visors should be mounted on the outside part of the channel, away fro the tint. Maybe the extra pressure is allowing it to be rubbed off by the rubber seal? I have not had any problems with my tint.Also worth mentioning, one rear has fallen off as well as my driver front. I am not too impressed with them now that I think about it. Perhaps the vibe would look cleaner without them anyways. Might have to try that sometime.
lowincash

Re: (silverbullet)

Post by lowincash »

I only notice the tint is scratched towards the upper edge whenever I have the weathertechs on, I think maybe from loose dirt or something. Happened on my accord and maximal too so I don't know =/Now that I've tried them both, I prefer the look of the avs ones, maybe I should have gotten the darker ones from weathertech lol
09vGT

Post by 09vGT »

I think they look good. Just keep the third little window visor OFF. I think it looks totally lame with it on.
lowincash

Re: (09vGT)

Post by lowincash »

Haha thanks, I think only GM sells it with the 3rd window.
dustie

Re: (lowincash)

Post by dustie »

the tint shouldnt be the issue i agree. film is on the inside so it shouldnt be hurt unless there is something in your rubber inside your window. and as far as the look.. i think the weathertech ones look best but over all looks better without them
TONY TAT2

Re: AVS Ventshade vs Weathertech Window Visors (lowincash)

Post by TONY TAT2 »

I went with the AVS about a week after I got it homemarked it with a pencil before i peeled off the tape
09 VIBE08 G694 GRAND AM93 GRAND AM85 VETTE78 VETTE
lowincash

Re: AVS Ventshade vs Weathertech Window Visors (TONY TAT2)

Post by lowincash »

I should have marked it too, I aligned them all pretty well except for the driver front side which is just slightly off, but it was too hard to pull it back out again to readjust lol
Whelan

Post by Whelan »

I had AVS Ventshades on my 05 XR AWD. One shattered on a cold day after taking a hit from hard snow. I ended up pulling them all off. Taking that frigin tape off was a MAJOR PITA!
2012 GLI Autobahn 6MT
lowincash

Re: (Whelan)

Post by lowincash »

Hope I don't have to worry about that since it rarely gets that cold here haha
DopeVibeGT

Post by DopeVibeGT »

I wish I would have went with weathertech. I bought the ventshades and now I'm stuck with them, since you cant take them off without messing up the black tape or whatever is around the window. I tried and it just doesnt work. After buying the weathertechs AND the factory carbon fiber pillar app.
Pictures of my ride!!'03 Vibe GTMy AED GA!Work in progress
chadhgraves

Re: (DopeVibeGT)

Post by chadhgraves »

I just bought the AVS Ventshade package off amazon for $52. They should be here today. Any tips on installation? I'm going to mark the placement with a pencil, clean the surface, and say a small prayer for a steady hand. Should I warm up the area I'm installing these on for a better adhesion or will they stick no matter what temperature, even though our winter has been non existent this year. Do you notice a quieter ride on the freeway. I have some wind noise now near the top rear corner of my driver's side window. I try pushing the weather strip up as far as possible but still have some wind noise right by my ear. Hoping these might help cut down on that, along with allowing my black on black vibe vent out some heat in the brutal Oklahoma summers.