Change tag light 2009 Vibe

Body kits, spoilers, lights, and anything on the exterior of the vehicle
journeyforce

Change tag light 2009 Vibe

Post by journeyforce »

Hello,Working on the principal that the only dumb question is the one not asked, I bring you this questionHow do you change the tag light in the 2009 Vibe? I know how to replace them in the 2003-2008 but the 09 and 10's have them in the back bumperI don't want to bust anythingThanks
vibenvy

Re: Change tag light 2009 Vibe (journeyforce)

Post by vibenvy »

There is a little "indentation" on the driver's side of the license marker housing (outlined in red in the first picture). Put a small flathead screwdriver in there and carefully push down and to the right at the same time. The housing should pop down out of place . The more it's removed, the easier it becomes to remove. Notice how the edge around mine is all chewed up .
2009 Liquid Platinum Metallic Vibe GT - 5-Speed Auto – Garage
2009 Steel Blue Metallic Vibe GT - 5-Speed Auto – Garage
Bastranz

Re: Change tag light 2009 Vibe (journeyforce)

Post by Bastranz »

vibenvy wrote:There is a little "indentation" on the driver's side of the license marker housing (outlined in red in the first picture). Put a small flathead screwdriver in there and carefully push down and to the right at the same time. The housing should pop down out of place . The more it's removed, the easier it becomes to remove. Notice how the edge around mine is all chewed up .
Sweet this is just what I needed as I searched the internet for answers. Heh I like the 2003 way better. Thanks for this!
Owner of the first official "Brando-mobile", the "Silver Streak". 2003 Base Vibe, FWD.
Moved into the next generation, what's new is "Azúl" 2010 2.4 Vibe, AWD
vibenvy

Re: Change tag light 2009 Vibe

Post by vibenvy »

Bastranz wrote:Sweet this is just what I needed as I searched the internet for answers. Heh I like the 2003 way better. Thanks for this!
Glad to hear it helped you :)! You're very welcome!
2009 Liquid Platinum Metallic Vibe GT - 5-Speed Auto – Garage
2009 Steel Blue Metallic Vibe GT - 5-Speed Auto – Garage