2010 Undercar

Body kits, spoilers, lights, and anything on the exterior of the vehicle
Losthookah

2010 Undercar

Post by Losthookah »

I have my neon tubes but not quite sure where to mount the back one due to the muffler. Has anyone done this?
Whelan

Re: 2010 Undercar (Losthookah)

Post by Whelan »

1) Stand in road2) Throw tube in air3) Step back4)???5) Profit!To each their own but I think neon went out during my college years. At least in my area is a rarity to see on the roads anymore. Best thing to do would be to mount it inside the bumper cover and cut out with a dremel the area where the tube would be and you'd be set. It can mount to teh bumper cover easily and you can have it hidden from view.
2012 GLI Autobahn 6MT
MotoAce51

Post by MotoAce51 »

A lot of the reason you don't see it now is because of the laws that came out. At least in NY, they are brutal. Too many people want to pull you over for any reason they can think of. I like the idea of mounting in the bumper cover and cutting a slot but it doesn't seem like it would be easy for some people. There is a little space betweek the bumper and the muffler you could fabricate a mount. I need to get under mine today so Ill see what I can think of.
2004 Vibe Base- Injen CAI, 10,000K HID's, Projector Retrofit W/ Angel Eyes, Billet Grilles, Kicker KX6.5 Components, Helix TB Spacer, Pioneer Premier HU
MotoAce51

Re: (MotoAce51)

Post by MotoAce51 »

Ok, so before I left for the store I jumped under the car and looked at what we had to work with. I think it would be easy to mount. You need to set it between the muffler and the rear bumper. I'd say there are a couple options. THe best one would be a couple small formed brackets. Something like this:This way you can mount it easily and set the neon up in the frame without cutting anything. Plus since it sets it up higher you wont have to see the tube and look like a ricer.
2004 Vibe Base- Injen CAI, 10,000K HID's, Projector Retrofit W/ Angel Eyes, Billet Grilles, Kicker KX6.5 Components, Helix TB Spacer, Pioneer Premier HU
vit

Post by vit »

Wasn't that popular like in the mid 90's?
lowincash

Re: (vit)

Post by lowincash »

I think around the time fast and furious first came out or maybe even earlier lol but I do see kids have them on their cars once in a while =/Anyways, how long are the tubes? Maybe have a smaller neon tube in the back?
-- 2009 Vibe GT in Jet Black
Losthookah

Re: (lowincash)

Post by Losthookah »

yes cool in the 90s but isnt that what customization is about? being different than everyone else. lol hello thats why we have vibes. anyway the sides are 48" and front and rear are 36" i think i do like the bracket idea not to fond of cutting up my car
A Psycho Martyr

Re: (Losthookah)

Post by A Psycho Martyr »

I dont mind underglow...when it is TASTEFULLY done you shouldn't be able to see the light SOURCE...just the glowbut i'd rather see leds tho personally...ESPECIALLY considering the power consumption
tpollauf

Re: (A Psycho Martyr)

Post by tpollauf »

Quote, originally posted by A Psycho Martyr »but i'd rather see leds tho personally...ESPECIALLY considering the power consumption
2009 Vibe GT (manual), 2009 G8Gt, 2009 Vibe GT (auto)
2014 Silverado, 2004 Vibe GT

"everything is modifiable"
Losthookah

Re: (tpollauf)

Post by Losthookah »

leds are better but i already had the neons so cost is my factor
MotoAce51

Post by MotoAce51 »

I don't know why but I always had better luck with neon tubes than LED's for the underbodies. No idea why, but it just worked out that way. Plus, if you get a decent company I think the tubes are brighter and fuller.