Bumper protector dimensions

Body kits, spoilers, lights, and anything on the exterior of the vehicle
ColonelPanic

Bumper protector dimensions

Post by ColonelPanic »

Can you friendly folks help me out with something? I'm trying to help some folks with non-Viberational transportation figure out if the Pontiac or Toyota bumper protectors will fit on their cars ('07+ Accent 3dr.) The only thing Hyundai offers is a clear bra for the back, yeah that's real useful when hauling stuff around. Can anybody provide me the dimensions for the Pontiac version as well as the Toyota version? Thanks in advance.
03 Vibe base. Born 10/14/2002 06:07 AM
Auto, Moon & Tunes, power package. 143k
Neptune/dying clearcoat/primer grey. :lol:

'21 Elantra Limited - 2.0L/IVT
'15 Escape SE - 1.6L EcoBoost (hers)
Image Image
redlava

Re: Bumper protector dimensions (ColonelPanic)

Post by redlava »

Hey James.The one I have on my '03 is a shade under 40" long and about 2.5" deep. It does have a slight radius to it as well. But just as long as their bumper is 5" deep or so, it should fit on there fine. I'm not real impressed with mine. If they need something bigger they should try an aftermarket store and see if they can find a universal one that will give them better coverage. Anybody know if Pontiac ever change the style of the protector for the later models?
ColonelPanic

Re: Bumper protector dimensions (redlava)

Post by ColonelPanic »

Thanks man! I really appreciate it.
03 Vibe base. Born 10/14/2002 06:07 AM
Auto, Moon & Tunes, power package. 143k
Neptune/dying clearcoat/primer grey. :lol:

'21 Elantra Limited - 2.0L/IVT
'15 Escape SE - 1.6L EcoBoost (hers)
Image Image
Whelan

Re: Bumper protector dimensions (ColonelPanic)

Post by Whelan »

I know the tread pattern changed slightly on the Trix, the ones offered for the 05+ were slightly different in pattern but not overall dimensions.I've been pleased with mine so far, it's nice to know you can set stuff down without scraping up the bumper. The fact that my car is black is also a plus since it blends in so well you hardly notice it.That radius issue could be taken care of with a heat gun. Lay it down to stick it on, and start by pushing the middle piece on, and whatever pieces are not touching, run over the length with a heat gun to make it fall down and form to your bumper then push on the tape so it holds.
2012 GLI Autobahn 6MT
psiu

Post by psiu »

and remember there are the two kinds, the one that just goes on top of the bumper, and the other that wraps around the edge.bought mine on ebay from Deland Toyota.here's a link to a current auction for one:http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors...ZWD1V
lencurrie

Post by lencurrie »

Does the one that fits around the bumper fit an '09 vibe I wonder?