2005 Tires

Wheel and tire information and upgrade discussions
VivianVibe

2005 Tires

Post by VivianVibe »

Hi,
I need new tires. I drive a lot in the city but I also go up into areas that get snow too. I'm more in the city. What would be a good tire?
Thanks
Mark

Re: 2005 Tires

Post by Mark »

I have Cooper Evolution Tour 205/60-16 on all three of my Vibes, and will probably put them on my wife's CR-V in the next month or so. Best tire I've ever had. Trust me on the size, if you've been running 205/55 you really, really need to go to the 205/60. You can thank me later.
'08 Base Stealth, '05 Base Satellite
tpollauf

Post by tpollauf »

VivianVibe wrote: Fri Feb 12, 2021 6:33 pm I drive a lot in the city but I also go up into areas that get snow too.
Where you located ? (update profile). This would better guide us as to what tire to recommend. Thanks ;)
2009 Vibe GT (manual), 2009 G8Gt, 2009 Vibe GT (auto)
2014 Silverado, 2004 Vibe GT

"everything is modifiable"
Caretaker

Post by Caretaker »

Vivian, stick with tirerack.com to make your decision. It is the best research tool out there. SInce you are looking for an all season tire, you can also refine your request by telling us if budget is a factor. Reason being: there are a ton of outstanding on-line tire sellers. There also are a ton of lower priced tires out there such as Ironman tires made by the Hercules division of Cooper Tire. Mastercraft tires, another budget tire made by Cooper Tires, are also available through Walmart.com and are a decent product that can be shipped to your local Walmart and installed inexpensively. If budget is a consideration, recommending a $150 tire to you is a waste of everyone's time. It takes a lot of time to research all the "never heard of them before" brands that are made by reputable companies, and a lot more time to determine which low cost tires are made from Chinese junk rubber and to be avoided. But for all of us doing research, tirerack.com is the industry torch bearer and their on-line tools will lead you to a sound decision.
If on line tire buying or Walmart are not your thing, then should your "city" have a Costco or Sam's or BJs, consider joining that club just for the pleasure of getting a great deal on quality tires that will be rotated and balanced for as long as you own those tires.
jolt

Post by jolt »

Tire of chioce for me is the General AltiMAX RT43. It is Consumer Reports rated number 1 all season tire. I have them on both my cars. The tires on both cars are made in the USA. Check them out at TireRack.com or Consumer Reports. Not the cheapest tire but has the best value.

https://generaltire.com/tires/passenger/altimax-rt43

I believe if you search this forum about tires, you will find others here recommended the General AltiMAX RT43 tire too.
tpollauf

Post by tpollauf »

I'm getting a FREE set of Continental Extreme Contact DWS 06 tires for my 2009 Vibe Gt. 215/45ZR18is the size and if I had to buy them, I'd be looking at roughly $135/tire. Made HVAC repairs to this guys shop (it's a tire business anyways) and instead of cash, he's getting me tires. Just like in the old days where handshakes & bartering were the norm. Works for me ;)
2009 Vibe GT (manual), 2009 G8Gt, 2009 Vibe GT (auto)
2014 Silverado, 2004 Vibe GT

"everything is modifiable"
zbyers

Post by zbyers »

jolt wrote: Sat Feb 13, 2021 3:58 pm Tire of chioce for me is the General AltiMAX RT43. It is Consumer Reports rated number 1 all season tire. I have them on both my cars. The tires on both cars are made in the USA. Check them out at TireRack.com or Consumer Reports. Not the cheapest tire but has the best value.

https://generaltire.com/tires/passenger/altimax-rt43

I believe if you search this forum about tires, you will find others here recommended the General AltiMAX RT43 tire too.
x2 for this. Best bang for buck 3-season tire. Quiet, smooth ride. I am on year 6 of my set, finally going to have to replace them.

If you want some winter tires, the Altimax Arctic and Bridgestone Blizzaks are the top rated winter tires for these cars.
'74 Thing, '79 El Camino, '83 VW DoKa '91 Vanagon, '03 Base, 04 GT
'06 CRV, '06 AWD, '07 Base, '12 Highlander Limited, '17 Frontier CCLB

Byerscrew Garage, GenVibe Facebook, How-To Index
Everything You Need To Know About the Pontiac Vibe
Caretaker

Post by Caretaker »

I just got ahold of the March Best New Cars issue, and the Altimax RT43 is at or near the top (T versus V speed rating) in its respective categories and won't break the bank. I've had it on two of my cars to date and it is a no brainer purchase. I'm still intrigued by the year over year high ratings from the automotive press of the Vredestein tires.
joatmon

Post by joatmon »

Not helpful, but every time I see the thread title "2005 Tires", I think wow, that's a lot of tires
Caretaker

Post by Caretaker »

joatmon wrote: Tue Feb 16, 2021 9:02 am Not helpful, but every time I see the thread title "2005 Tires", I think wow, that's a lot of tires
:lol: :lol: One of the dozen or so on line tire stores I shop when I need new shoes is 1010tires.com