2010 PCM recall; never knew; how GM help replace what’s been damaged because of it?

Park your vehicle in a thread here - list your vehicle info, pics, etc. all in one place.
JenOliAtt

2010 PCM recall; never knew; how GM help replace what’s been damaged because of it?

Post by JenOliAtt »

Hello, I have been having issues with my 2007 Pontiac vibe. It has overheated, went in shop for not detecting it overheating. $2k so far. The latest is it’s leaking coolant suspected near the head gasket. It failed a block test meaning gases are detected in the coolant. On a whim I checked if my VIN had any recalls other than the passenger airbag recall I’ve received in the mail for years. Apparently there is a 2010 powertrain control module recall. I have never received anything regarding this. It sounds exactly what is wrong with my vehicle after having this defective PCM for 11 years. I have no luck reaching GM on the phone. How do I have GM repair the issues resulting from faulty PCM damage? Is there a specific place I could fill out a form or complaint? If so please send me the link.
Any help is appreciated.

Thank you
Attachments
5B004C3E-6176-4D98-AA72-8517C0C69B4F.jpeg
5B004C3E-6176-4D98-AA72-8517C0C69B4F.jpeg (923.62 KiB) Viewed 1039 times
Caretaker

Re: 2010 PCM recall; never knew; how GM help replace what’s been damaged because of it?

Post by Caretaker »

GM Customer Assistance: "Hello and thank you for calling GM. How may I help you?"

You: "Yes, hi. I have a 2007 Pontiac Vibe that has mechanical issues related to your PCM recall campaign."

GM: "I can help you with that. Can you first spell Pontiac for me?"
zbyers

Re: 2010 PCM recall; never knew; how GM help replace what’s been damaged because of it?

Post by zbyers »

That PCM recall has nothing to do with overheating your motor. Additionally, this recall was not applicable to ALL 2005-2008 Vibes. It states certain vehicles in that time period.

If your motor overheated, your best bet is to replace it. The ECU won't detect anything overheating; your only indication would be you paying attention to the temp gauge on the dash. If the temp gauge isn't working, that means the coolant temp sensor or related wiring is likely dead. That should have been addressed separately which could have helped prevent overheating the motor.
'74 Thing, '79 El Camino, '83 VW DoKa '91 Vanagon, '03 Base, 04 GT
'06 CRV, '06 AWD, '07 Base, '12 Highlander Limited, '17 Frontier CCLB

Byerscrew Garage, GenVibe Facebook, How-To Index
Everything You Need To Know About the Pontiac Vibe