Just bought my 2009 Vibe GT

Park your vehicle in a thread here - list your vehicle info, pics, etc. all in one place.
Zachbefit

Just bought my 2009 Vibe GT

Post by Zachbefit »

I have included some current photos of ol red... needs a paint job. Gotta Love the ol clear coat fade, and I haven't a clue what happened to the hood. I bought it like that. Anyways, really enjoy this thing so far. Just planning to fix the blemishes and maintain routine maintenance.
Attachments
car 4.jpg
car 4.jpg (201.5 KiB) Viewed 2019 times
car 3.jpg
car 3.jpg (110.5 KiB) Viewed 2019 times
car 2.jpg
car 2.jpg (174.86 KiB) Viewed 2019 times
car 1.jpg
car 1.jpg (129.03 KiB) Viewed 2019 times
zbyers

Re: Just bought my 2009 Vibe GT

Post by zbyers »

Looks pretty decent. Just keep an eye on the oil burning that the 2.4L is known for.
'74 Thing, '79 El Camino, '83 VW DoKa '91 Vanagon, '03 Base, 04 GT
'06 CRV, '06 AWD, '07 Base, '12 Highlander Limited, '17 Frontier CCLB

Byerscrew Garage, GenVibe Facebook, How-To Index
Everything You Need To Know About the Pontiac Vibe
Zachbefit

Post by Zachbefit »

zbyers wrote: Tue Feb 02, 2021 3:18 am Looks pretty decent. Just keep an eye on the oil burning that the 2.4L is known for.
Thank you for the heads up!
tpollauf

Post by tpollauf »

Ok. Just posted in your other thread before reading this. Looks like this poor car was parked near an industrial plant where there's a lot of fallout :o Looks identical to mine AND even the tranny (mine is a manual too). Roof & hood need paint, the rest looks salvageable.
2009 Vibe GT (manual), 2009 G8Gt, 2009 Vibe GT (auto)
2014 Silverado, 2004 Vibe GT

"everything is modifiable"
Zachbefit

Post by Zachbefit »

tpollauf wrote: Tue Feb 02, 2021 6:30 pm Ok. Just posted in your other thread before reading this. Looks like this poor car was parked near an industrial plant where there's a lot of fallout :o Looks identical to mine AND even the tranny (mine is a manual too). Roof & hood need paint, the rest looks salvageable.
Yeahhh I was thinking the same! Idk what the PO did to it, going thus Friday to check on pricing to get it repainted. There’s a few other places that need minor body repairs that I’ll probably eat fixed as well just because. But yeah the majority of the paint elsewhere is in good shape other than the hood and roof
KeepItWaxed

Post by KeepItWaxed »

Nice, I picked mine up in November of last year, same color but automatic... mine is in overall good condition, originally from Chicago and was relocated to San Diego Ca. in 2017..... aside from some rust in the undercarriage its decent. I had a 2010 black GT that I picked up cheap with 207k miles but it burned a quart of oil every 600 miles... ended up selling it after I picked up my red GT.... luckily its been 5k miles after buying it and have verified NO oil burning.... :)

By the way, if you are handy and like projects you can purchase the base paint plus Spraymax 2k clear for about $150, sand down the bad clear and reshoot the base followed by the clear, wet sand the clear then polish out..... I did this on a car I bought a few years ago, no one ever knew I painted it... :lol:
wonderdog

Post by wonderdog »

Has anyone else noticed that the paint peels on these 2009 models? I have seen it on a couple now.
zbyers

Post by zbyers »

wonderdog wrote: Thu Mar 25, 2021 1:43 pm Has anyone else noticed that the paint peels on these 2009 models? I have seen it on a couple now.
typical GM paint issues, especially if the car bakes in the sun all day in the south.
'74 Thing, '79 El Camino, '83 VW DoKa '91 Vanagon, '03 Base, 04 GT
'06 CRV, '06 AWD, '07 Base, '12 Highlander Limited, '17 Frontier CCLB

Byerscrew Garage, GenVibe Facebook, How-To Index
Everything You Need To Know About the Pontiac Vibe
Caretaker

Post by Caretaker »

wonderdog wrote: Thu Mar 25, 2021 1:43 pm Has anyone else noticed that the paint peels on these 2009 models? I have seen it on a couple now.
No paint peeling and mine has been abused by the weather for 12 years. I do have a severely pitted front bumper from years of urban road debris. I also had my hood repainted before taking delivery, as the hood had lots of acid rain damage from the environmental covers being removed too early. The hand paint job, of course, had lots of blown in foreign objects that have created tiny craters in the paint. Nothing beats a factory robot dip and paint.