CAMOGIRL's Sonic

Park your vehicle in a thread here - list your vehicle info, pics, etc. all in one place.
CAMOGIRL

CAMOGIRL's Sonic

Post by CAMOGIRL »

Ok, here's my new favorite thing on four wheels. I'll admit I am totally head over heels for this little hatch.

2013 Chevy Sonic RS
1.4L Turbocharged with 6-speed manual transmission
Cyber Gray
My Link ICE system
Sunroof

The RS upgrades mostly looks from the other Sonic packages, but also:
-lower by a whopping 10mm
-stiffer suspension
-lower gear ratio
-speed sensitive electronic power steering
-leather black and red interior

.................................................. .................................................. ...........................

Wishlist
-Exhaust, still undecided on my configuration here.
-A nice projector retrofit from UR :)
-Lower it, eventually.

DONE
*DDM Shifter Bushings -3/7/13
*Carbon Fiber vinyl bowties from GrafXWerks -3/18/13
*20% tint all around 3/29/13
*Black Chrome project, started...
*DDMWorks Intake 4/5/13
*Trifecta Tune 4/24/13
.................................................. .................................................. ............................

This makes me hear Butthead "..uh, hey baby!"

The cargo area of the hatch is the only concern I have, I don't really have a lot of need for more hatch space than this, but when I do I'll have to fold the seats down to compensate...

Ordered some grafxwerx

also added my aluminum shifter bushings to crispen up the shifting, it made a nice difference! You can't see them, so here's a pic of the nifty sticker I got in the box with them...lol

New tint! You can also see the start of my "black chrome" project, I am using tail tint vinyl to make the bright silver chrome a darker color. I'ts so awesome, you can't appreciate it nearly enough in the picture. Compare the silver on the bowie and tails to the strip above the license plate.

Intake

New vinyl.

Last edited by CAMOGIRL on Tue Jun 25, 2013 3:14 pm, edited 9 times in total.
Well-behaved women rarely make history.
Chiadog

Re: CAMOGIRL's Sonic

Post by Chiadog »

I'm glad to hear you are happy with your new Sonic! I also like the design of the wheels. I wonder how the car would look with bright chrome wheel skins? just a thought.
Did you test drive all the comparable models, or was it love-at-first-sight?
AustinG

Post by AustinG »

That looks really nice! I've wanted one ever since I saw the first concept of it in a Car and Driver magazine in early 2010. I think if I end up getting one, I definitely want one of those full car graphics they offer on their website...if they still offer them down the road some time.

This is the only picture I could find of the decal I remember looking at, but this is just a z spec concept version of the car. Somebody who lives next to my grandparents house has a black one with one of these body wraps from chevy.

ColonelPanic

Post by ColonelPanic »

Really sharp. 8-) I like that color.

I think we may go test drive the sedan this weekend ourselves.

Say, how's the road noise compare the Vibe out on the highway?
03 Vibe base. Born 10/14/2002 06:07 AM
Auto, Moon & Tunes, power package. 143k
Neptune/dying clearcoat/primer grey. :lol:

'21 Elantra Limited - 2.0L/IVT
'15 Escape SE - 1.6L EcoBoost (hers)
Image Image
vibenvy

Post by vibenvy »

Congratulations on your new Sonic :D! I love the color and the wheels! So, what mods are you thinking about for it?
2009 Liquid Platinum Metallic Vibe GT - 5-Speed Auto – Garage
2009 Steel Blue Metallic Vibe GT - 5-Speed Auto – Garage
Rayven01

Post by Rayven01 »

Those fogs look sweet with the rounded headlights! All round would be too much. Nice interior too, except the shiny black plastic around the climate controls looks kinda out-of-place and a fingerprint magnet!
Image  Image
tpollauf

Post by tpollauf »

Looking REAL good :D Sharp factory wheels/rims, and some good tunes to listen to ... XM40 8-) Where is your center arm rest with storage? I hope the engineers didn't forget to include one :o
2009 Vibe GT (manual), 2009 G8Gt, 2009 Vibe GT (auto)
2014 Silverado, 2004 Vibe GT

"everything is modifiable"
CAMOGIRL

Post by CAMOGIRL »

Chiadog wrote:I'm glad to hear you are happy with your new Sonic! I also like the design of the wheels. I wonder how the car would look with bright chrome wheel skins? just a thought.
Did you test drive all the comparable models, or was it love-at-first-sight?
I really like the darker gunmetal-ish color of them, they really suit the attitude of the car, and will match perfectly with the rally stripes I'll be adding before long ;)

Austin- those wraps are pretty sweet! I have my own vinyl in mind, I have some friends in the racing industry who are anxious to get their hands on it, see above.
ColonelPanic wrote:Really sharp. 8-) I like that color.

I think we may go test drive the sedan this weekend ourselves.

Say, how's the road noise compare the Vibe out on the highway?
Are you over on the SOF? The road noise to me is a little quieter, but it might just be the difference between a ten year old car, and a two three month old car. Standing outside, I can hear the music through closed doors/windows about the same as in the Vibe.
vibenvy wrote:Congratulations on your new Sonic :D! I love the color and the wheels! So, what mods are you thinking about for it?
Thanks! I knew you of all people would love the color! It's SOOO much prettier in person as well. The wheels are specific to the RS package, the LTZ has a different set of 17inchers. I will probably accomplish mod #1 tomorrow if they come in, which is switching out the rubber shifter bushings for aluminum ones. It's pretty mushy, like pulling the stick through mud. I suppose that's for comfort, but I didn't buy it just for comfort ;) On the immediate list are: tint, intake, exhaust, and holding out on the tune as long as I can stand it!! Oh, and BOV because I want to make noise!!
Rayven01 wrote:Those fogs look sweet with the rounded headlights! All round would be too much. Nice interior too, except the shiny black plastic around the climate controls looks kinda out-of-place and a fingerprint magnet!
Those fogs are specific to the RS trim as well, the other cars come with teeny round ones. They really don't look as bad as you'd think because it keeps the black surround shape that you see here. I do prefer this style though. And, if you know me at ALL, you can have faith that those black pieces will not stay black for long. Just letting the new wear off hehe.
tpollauf wrote:Looking REAL good :D Sharp factory wheels/rims, and some good tunes to listen to ... XM40 8-) Where is your center arm rest with storage? I hope the engineers didn't forget to include one :o
I'm pretty much locked in on 40, or Hair Nation, or Octane when 40 gets too bizarre. I DO like a little bit of vocal ability in my metal, lol. As for a center console, that seems to be something that nobody in the subcompact class can get right. I found that very few of them have it, and I can't name one at the moment that DOES have it. I'm sure somebody can. That is the one and only actual gripe I have. However there is an aftermarket one that you can buy that deletes the cupholder for the back seat and isn't terrible. I am considering that, bigtime.
CAMOGIRL

Post by CAMOGIRL »

I'm hoping to have the intake, tint and BOV done before June. I would LOVE to have something done to the exhaust by then but IDK.
Rayven01

Post by Rayven01 »

CAMOGIRL wrote:As for a center console, that seems to be something that nobody in the subcompact class can get right. I found that very few of them have it, and I can't name one at the moment that DOES have it. I'm sure somebody can. That is the one and only actual gripe I have. However there is an aftermarket one that you can buy that deletes the cupholder for the back seat and isn't terrible. I am considering that, bigtime.
Amen to that. I simply cannot do without an armrest, especially with a stick, and the seat-mounted ones suck. Does the RS even have the seat-mounted one? This the aftermarket one you were talking about? I'm with you.. isn't terrible. Much better than nothing. You can always get rid of the tacky shiny leather and re-cover it.
Image  Image
thebarber

Post by thebarber »

Camo, the rs has a different final drive for lower gearing

Forget the intake and BOV just get a tune. Cruze people are seeing 170whp and 200wtq with just a tune for 91 octane..
CAMOGIRL

Post by CAMOGIRL »

Rayven01 wrote:
CAMOGIRL wrote:As for a center console, that seems to be something that nobody in the subcompact class can get right. I found that very few of them have it, and I can't name one at the moment that DOES have it. I'm sure somebody can. That is the one and only actual gripe I have. However there is an aftermarket one that you can buy that deletes the cupholder for the back seat and isn't terrible. I am considering that, bigtime.
Amen to that. I simply cannot do without an armrest, especially with a stick, and the seat-mounted ones suck. Does the RS even have the seat-mounted one? This the aftermarket one you were talking about? I'm with you.. isn't terrible. Much better than nothing. You can always get rid of the tacky shiny leather and re-cover it.
That's the one!
thebarber wrote:Camo, the rs has a different final drive for lower gearing

Forget the intake and BOV just get a tune. Cruze people are seeing 170whp and 200wtq with just a tune for 91 octane..
Oh you don't know how bad I want that. The Sonics are finding similar results, do you know if that's the same 1.4 engine that they are talking about in the Cruzes? I'm not familiar with their other options. I am just scared of the whole warranty thing. No way I will outlast my warranty on that though. I couldn't say what the difference was in shifting, thanks!
Rayven01

Post by Rayven01 »

CAMOGIRL wrote:I am just scared of the whole warranty thing. No way I will outlast my warranty on that though.
Check this out. Mods/tunes don't automatically void warranties, they have to prove the mod was the cause of failure. Worst case scenario if something fails they can charge you for their diagnosis to determine that the mod didn't cause the failure. Well I guess worst case the mod does cause the failure, but it's pretty unlikely.
Image  Image
CAMOGIRL

Post by CAMOGIRL »

Rayven01 wrote:
CAMOGIRL wrote:I am just scared of the whole warranty thing. No way I will outlast my warranty on that though.
Check this out. Mods/tunes don't automatically void warranties, they have to prove the mod was the cause of failure. Worst case scenario if something fails they can charge you for their diagnosis to determine that the mod didn't cause the failure. Well I guess worst case the mod does cause the failure, but it's pretty unlikely.
You just made my day :D
star_deceiver

Post by star_deceiver »

thebarber wrote:Forget the intake and BOV just get a tune. Cruze people are seeing 170whp and 200wtq with just a tune for 91 octane..
Do it!!!!!
2019 Ram 3500 4x4 CCSB srw 8HP75
2016 Ram 3500 4x4 RCLB Dually w/stick (traded in - 05/10/19)
2012 Chevy Silverado 1500 Cheyenne 4x4 (Traded in - 03/30/16)
2009 Vibe. (Traded in - 12/12/12)
CAMOGIRL

Post by CAMOGIRL »

star_deceiver wrote:
Do it!!!!!
Calm down!! I'm gonna do ALLTHETHINGS!!!
thebarber

Post by thebarber »

Yes, sonic has the same ngines as the cruze.

Tuner I was looking at was trifecta

Lol, did you just go in to Chevy and say "give me the most expensive sonic?"
EricTMah

Post by EricTMah »

NIce looking car.

Are your headlights just open?
ColonelPanic

Post by ColonelPanic »

CAMOGIRL wrote:
Are you over on the SOF? The road noise to me is a little quieter, but it might just be the difference between a ten year old car, and a two three month old car. Standing outside, I can hear the music through closed doors/windows about the same as in the Vibe.
Thanks for the input! I'm lurking there at SOF but have not registered yet.

As far as that armrest and console goes, very true that nobody in the subcompact class can get this straight. I have no hidden storage area on my Accent either, but I have to admit not having places to store a lot of junk you don't need makes for a less cluttered car. ;) Hyundai does have a console addition you can get from Korea for the new Accent, but when you take off the armrest on the seat of course there's mounting hardware exposed. :?

The single armrest isn't bad though, got one in my car. I like that I can get it out of the way when not needed and since attached to the seat, it's always right there for a driver of any height.

The Sonic's console is probably my least favorite part - the single 12V power plug is far away from the dash where GPS'es and such may reside. And the electric child safety lock button is a fantastic addition, but it's mounting location, along with the stabilitrak button in front of the cup holders, ready to be flooded in my coffee just leaves me scratching my head. :? I'll have to be extra careful! ;)

Image Image
CAMOGIRL

Post by CAMOGIRL »

thebarber wrote:Yes, sonic has the same ngines as the cruze.

Tuner I was looking at was trifecta

Lol, did you just go in to Chevy and say "give me the most expensive sonic?"
I knew they shared the 1.4, but that was all. Trifecta is the one I'll be getting eventualy :) And yeah, I guess I did, but it came standard with everything I wanted, plus had the appearance upgrades, I wanted to stand out a little and again, I knew I'd be spending my money on performance upgrades instead of appearance so I opted for something already upgraded a little.
EricTMah wrote:NIce looking car.

Are your headlights just open?
Yup!
ColonelPanic wrote:
CAMOGIRL wrote:
Thanks for the input! I'm lurking there at SOF but have not registered yet.

As far as that armrest and console goes, very true that nobody in the subcompact class can get this straight. I have no hidden storage area on my Accent either, but I have to admit not having places to store a lot of junk you don't need makes for a less cluttered car. ;) Hyundai does have a console addition you can get from Korea for the new Accent, but when you take off the armrest on the seat of course there's mounting hardware exposed. :?

The single armrest isn't bad though, got one in my car. I like that I can get it out of the way when not needed and since attached to the seat, it's always right there for a driver of any height.

The Sonic's console is probably my least favorite part - the single 12V power plug is far away from the dash where GPS'es and such may reside. And the electric child safety lock button is a fantastic addition, but it's mounting location, along with the stabilitrak button in front of the cup holders, ready to be flooded in my coffee just leaves me scratching my head. :? I'll have to be extra careful! ;)
You're right on that one, There is a marked lack of storage space compared to what we are used to in the Vibe. I'm getting used to it though. I mean I did go down a full class in vehicle, but the creature comforts in this car don't make it feel like a downgrade at all.
thebarber

Post by thebarber »

My biggest concern with the sonic headlights.was snow/ice getting stuck between the light housings....not sure if it could affect/obscure light....probably not

Personally, I like the sedan a bit more, but I typically see hatches. And you can't get an RS sedan :(
vibolista

Post by vibolista »

CAMOGIRL wrote: You're right on that one, There is a marked lack of storage space compared to what we are used to in the Vibe. I'm getting used to it though. I mean I did go down a full class in vehicle, but the creature comforts in this car don't make it feel like a downgrade at all.
Don't think you made any downgrade at all... if anything, your new Sonic is an upgrade! Most fun cars I've owned were very small. Big fan of Mini... the original and the new ones are excellent driver's cars, too!

It's convenient to have something that can haul a lot of stuff and people, but I've never found something that big much fun to actually drive. They're OK, but not that much fun. Europe (and most other countries) have been getting excellently engineered small cars for many years. There's a big list of great little cars that we have never seen here in the states. Our loss, but we have a very different car culture here. It's changing slowly, but what we are starting to get is pretty good. Sonic RS, the coming Fiesta ST are the first from our domestic manufacturers.

Leather Recaro equipped, auto climate controlled with all the "creature comforts", buttoned down quality, excellent driving characteristics, high performance small hatchbacks that are normal elsewhere will start showing up here more as gas prices push us to look at more fuel efficient transportation. Unfortunately for us, small cars in the US were generally marketed as cheap entry level vehicles that no one really wanted to drive, because they were so primitively engineered. Not smooth, not quiet, not comfortable, not wanted, not fun.

Not any more!!! :)
'08 Manual, Sun&Sound, 17" Borbet Type CA wheels, 215/50 Summer Tires... 16" OE steel, 215/55 Snow Tires
CAMOGIRL

Post by CAMOGIRL »

thebarber wrote:My biggest concern with the sonic headlights.was snow/ice getting stuck between the light housings....not sure if it could affect/obscure light....probably not

Personally, I like the sedan a bit more, but I typically see hatches. And you can't get an RS sedan :(
I'm a little worried about bugs... and I am nowhere CLOSE to ready for a trunk. I drove the Dart Rallye, it was pretty sweet, but not comfortable to sit in and drive, and, uh, it had a trunk.

Vibolista- I really feel that they are trying hard now to make up for their past mistake. The Sonic/Spark/Fiesta ST are a step in the right direction, especially with chevy offering the My Link system in its very smallest cars.
CAMOGIRL

Post by CAMOGIRL »

Added some GrafxWerx. Turns out the RS package has a bigger front bowtie, so I'm waiting for a replacement. I turned the too-small one into a bowtie overlay for the steering wheel though.

Also, Nick- do you think these could be her parents?
Rayven01

Post by Rayven01 »

CAMOGIRL wrote:Added some GrafxWerx.
Much better than the gold!
Image  Image
ParknVibe

Post by ParknVibe »

Dear Camogirl:

I like your car. Does it have a rear video backup camera on the display as standard equipment?
The only thing I have a problem so far with the Sonic, is the rear storage (with the seat up)and small rear hatch opening between the tail lights.

However I like the style overall. Good luck with it.
KITT222

Post by KITT222 »

CAMOGIRL wrote: Also, Nick- do you think these could be her parents?

Possibly. I don't see why not. However, it must take after the Cruze side of the family... as the Aveo is a throwaway car. It makes me wonder who in their right mind at GM could ever have approved that thing for America, and if it was only done to fill a segment. Cute though. My sister had one for a while.
ColonelPanic

Post by ColonelPanic »

LOL, Cruze hooked up with an Aveo and we get this. :lol: Basically, yes. Something that looks like an Aveo but has Cruze powertrains. I can say it doesn't really have much in common with the old Aveo judging by what I remember from the Aveo my mom drives. It still *is* called the Aveo in other markets, but nobody other than rental companies would be interested if they retained the name here so GM was wise to rename...

No backup camera, ParknVibe. That's the one big thing missing out of MyLink... As far as cargo space, if you can live without having a hatchback, the sedan's trunk is massive considering the size of the car.

Anyway, really liking that Grafxwerks has the overlays. :) Those look good. I think the gold bowtie looks OK on my blue but I am tempted...

Image Image
CAMOGIRL

Post by CAMOGIRL »

Haha, yeah it's kindof an Oz/Choirchick one night stand thing in my books. Sonic gets her shape from her Momma, but all her Daddy's good looks..lol

Parknvibe, THANKS!! I'm adjusting to the lack of hatch space, but it hasn't really been an issue. I even recently hauled home a 40-gallon hot water heater in it :D

I like the Gold bowties on most of the cars OK, but mine is just kindof a monotone palette, so it's driving me crazy, lol. Glad you are enjoying yours!
ColonelPanic

Post by ColonelPanic »

CAMOGIRL wrote:I like the Gold bowties on most of the cars OK, but mine is just kindof a monotone palette, so it's driving me crazy, lol.
Yeah I agree with you there... On Cyber Gray, the gold bowtie does look out of place and is just asking for an overlay. 8-)

Image Image
ParknVibe

Post by ParknVibe »

[quote="CAMOGIRL"]Haha, yeah it's kindof an Oz/Choirchick one night stand thing in my books. Sonic gets her shape from her Momma, but all her Daddy's good looks..lol

Parknvibe, THANKS!! I'm adjusting to the lack of hatch space, but it hasn't really been an issue. I even recently hauled home a 40-gallon hot water heater in it <<<<<<<<<
=================
With the Water heater in place, can the front seat fold forward and lay flat like the 09 Vibe. And, what is the distance from the rear hatch to the Dash. Six, seven, or eight feet? I can get an eight feet board in the Vibe.

And one last thing, can you add a backup camera to the OEM system?
I thought that the backup Camera is standard starting in 2013.

Who's the plumber in the family? Take a permit out?
CAMOGIRL

Post by CAMOGIRL »

I was disappointed to find out that the front seat does NOT flip forward and lay flat like the Vibe did. The box was a little over 5 feet tall, and with sliding the front seat all the way up, and pushing the back as forward as it would go, the box fit. I need to look into adding the backup camera, seems like I have heard it mentioned around the Sonic forum once or twice, and the hatch has a wicked blind spot in the back. I'll report back.
Rayven01

Post by Rayven01 »

CAMOGIRL wrote:I was disappointed to find out that the front seat does NOT flip forward and lay flat like the Vibe did.
That really should be a requisite feature on any hatch. It can't add much if any to the cost and it's so practical!
Image  Image
CAMOGIRL

Post by CAMOGIRL »

Rayven01 wrote:
CAMOGIRL wrote:I was disappointed to find out that the front seat does NOT flip forward and lay flat like the Vibe did.
That really should be a requisite feature on any hatch. It can't add much if any to the cost and it's so practical!
I know, right?!

I have seen that the best thing out for rearview camera comes on an Onstar enabled rearview mirror for around 1k.. YIKES! I think I'll wait, someone will come out with something to add onto the My Link system.
Chiadog

Post by Chiadog »

I wonder if a salvaged Vibe passenger seat would bolt into the Sonic? :D
CAMOGIRL

Post by CAMOGIRL »

Chiadog wrote: I wonder if a salvaged Vibe passenger seat would bolt into the Sonic? :D
'Cause that would TOTALLY match ;)

Maybe I could tear apart the mechanism somehow... Probably not, these have airbags.
tpollauf

Post by tpollauf »

Nothing that a grinder and/or torch can't take care of :lol: My 2012 service van (& the past THREE models that I've had 2007, 2002, 1997) all come with fixed bucket seats. BUT I designed & built special storage behind the drivers seat and need to fold the seat forward in order to access them. Thus I modified my first seat back in 1997 and have been transferring it into each new van ever since :D Ah yes, the grinder, welder and some steel/sheet metal is ll you need 8-)
2009 Vibe GT (manual), 2009 G8Gt, 2009 Vibe GT (auto)
2014 Silverado, 2004 Vibe GT

"everything is modifiable"
thebarber

Post by thebarber »

tpollauf wrote:
CAMOGIRL wrote:I was disappointed to find out that the front seat does NOT flip forward
The trouble with going from a c to b segment car...and not actually looking at a car before buying it...
ColonelPanic

Post by ColonelPanic »

A fold flat passenger's seat seems to me to be a rarity in most segments.

Image Image
CAMOGIRL

Post by CAMOGIRL »

I looked at the car before I bought it. I didn't check the seat to see if it folded, but I investigated everything that was a make or break for me. I own two pickup trucks for the purpose of hauling things that I can't fit in my car :D I wanted a smaller hatch, and the Sonic was the best fit!

also, WHOO HOO! I'm ordering this week what's considered "The Big 3" in the sonic world, Tune, Intake and Exhaust :D will also hopefully be dropping her by a tint shop this week or next.

Also, I have a special vinyl project waiting in the wings for a warm day.
ColonelPanic

Post by ColonelPanic »

Good for you that you looked at the car. :D

We sought out the one single car in the area that had the stuff we wanted on it in the right color, went to take a test drive and somehow ended up taking it home. 8-) It was brutally cold that day so I didn't spend much time throughly examining it. Considering that, fortunately it hasn't been too bad.

Image Image
CAMOGIRL

Post by CAMOGIRL »

ColonelPanic wrote:Good for you that you looked at the car. :D

We sought out the one single car in the area that had the stuff we wanted on it in the right color, went to take a test drive and somehow ended up taking it home. 8-) It was brutally cold that day so I didn't spend much time throughly examining it. Considering that, fortunately it hasn't been too bad.
Well, that's pretty much what I did, and I did it in the dark. But still I looked at it. :lol: Mine was the only RS on ANY lot ANYWHERE near me, just happened to be MT with a sunroof and Cyber Gray.. the exact thing I thought I was going to have to order. Our Sonics are destiny..lol
thebarber

Post by thebarber »

RS's only come with 3 pedals...no?
KITT222

Post by KITT222 »

thebarber wrote:RS's only come with 3 pedals...no?
Nope. You can get an RS with an automatic.
CAMOGIRL

Post by CAMOGIRL »

KITT222 wrote:
thebarber wrote:RS's only come with 3 pedals...no?
Nope. You can get an RS with an automatic.
Right, but SO much more fun with the 6-spd mt :twisted:
CAMOGIRL

Post by CAMOGIRL »

Got tint!

Added pics to the OP :)

thebarber

Post by thebarber »

Looks great.

6AT would ruin the car...

Looking forward to your performance upgrades and impressions of power increase.

On that note, how do you find the power relative to your (1zz?) Vibe? I've driven a 1.8 5MT sonic, but 6mt turbo ltz or rs models are rare...
Rayven01

Post by Rayven01 »

CAMOGIRL wrote:You can also see the start of my "black chrome" project, I am using tail tint vinyl to make the bright silver chrome a darker color. I'ts so awesome, you can't appreciate it nearly enough in the picture. Compare the silver on the bowie and tails to the strip above the license plate.
Nice! It looks kind of like a nickel finish. I've always preferred that to straight chrome. Let us know how it holds up! There's not much chrome on mine but what's there might look cool with that...
Image  Image
Houston

Post by Houston »

Sharp Sonic, Camogirl! Please provide a link to what you feel is the best Sonic forum.
2009 Base 2.4L with a few add-ons.
CAMOGIRL

Post by CAMOGIRL »

Houston- there's really only one active one that I found, I'm Insanika on sonicownersforum.com

I wish I would have gotten to try out the 2zz Vibe as I'm guessing my car is more like that than my base Vibe. I've said it before, and I hate to, but the get up on my Sonic made my Vibe feel like a minivan :/. The RS has speed sensitive electronic power steering which makes a huge difference in my perception of the handling. The Vibe was bound to the laws of physics and fought me on curves and spirited turns, but the Sonic dives right in. I'm new to turbo, but my Sonic has a little bit of lag when I hit the accelerator harder or just when I'm shifting. I understand the dynamics of turbo so I understand some lag is acceptable, but at (rare) times its a very noticeable lag. However that does mean that you can definitely feel this tiny turbo doing its job!

It took me 5 miles on my test drive to fall head over heels. And you guys know how I felt about the Vibe so you know this was a huge impression. I too can't wait for my upgrades. My intake is on the way, exhaust is in the works (because RS is a little different than the other models). And tune is right around the corner :)

As far as the chrome goes, I'm using tail light tinting vinyl, it seems very durable and is making this job quite easy. I can't wait to finish it. It looks SO RIGHT!! I can take some photos of the process when I finish it up this week.