Persephone's 2003 Lava Base Vibe (Gambit)

Park your vehicle in a thread here - list your vehicle info, pics, etc. all in one place.
Persephone

Persephone's 2003 Lava Base Vibe (Gambit)

Post by Persephone »

I finally feel like I've done enough to be able to park in here and be semi-proud of what I've done. lol2003 Pontiac Vibe Base!Color: Lava duotoneName: GambitThis is a little while after I bought him. The first time I got him all cleaned up and loved.I don't know what packages I have, but I was fortunate enough to get automatic windows. :3 I have no idea how to find this out. Could you guys help me out?Upgrades performed:Eyeliner on the headlightsReplaced interior lights with LEDsCarbon fiber vinyl to cover my nasty door trim"Vibe" passenger seatbelt alert mod, courtesy of A Psycho MartyrBlind spot mirrorsCarbon fiber to the roof racks and painted the wheels (gunmetal and red), calipers, and drums (banana!!).Mass Effect paragon/renegade decals! Upgrades in the making:Vents for the sidesNew license plate lightsAmber LED lights for various places! (cupholders, under the dash, along the ceiling in the back, etc.)Upgrades planned:Some of those bad@$$ eye headlights!!Nice new visorsNew antennaUnder hood lightLovely new rimsObviously a new stereo and sound system. . . ASAPTintingWindow deflectorsI would really love a sunroof. . .Scratch repairsRepairs attempted:Oil change: (success)Tire rotation: (Success)Changed spark plugs (success)Cleaned out air intake (kind of success. . .)Brake pads and shoes (not quite success, but I'll do better next time!)Fixed rear wiper (success with no injuries!!)Injuries received:BlisterMany cuts on the backs of my handsStabbed thumbnail(doing pretty good so far!!)I can't think of other things I want to do right now. And I don't quite know everything just yet. I don't know a lot about cars, you know. P.S. If I need to modify this post to make it better, let me know!
My lovely Gambit.
hotbug1776

Post by hotbug1776 »

Awesome!!! I can tell you are in love with your car.Gambit is lucky to have you as a driver.
KITT222

Re: Persephone's 2003 Lava Base Vibe (Persephone)

Post by KITT222 »

He looks great! Good to see another Vibe owner who loves their Vibe so much!
csxt8058

Re: Persephone's 2003 Lava Base Vibe (KITT222)

Post by csxt8058 »

Quote, originally posted by KITT222 »He looks great! Good to see another Vibe owner who loves their Vibe so much!Second that...you and CAMOGIRL definitely need to meet up with near identical twins! JR

2010 Ultra White AWD-Railfan Customized...on to a new owner in 2015
2008 two tone Salsa base model..current railfan rig
lovemyraffe

Post by lovemyraffe »

It's nice to have another Lava lover around.
March 2011 MOTMFebruary 2010 MOTM My GenVibe garage
Persephone

Post by Persephone »

Thank you guys!! I do love this car of mine.
My lovely Gambit.
knightrace

Post by knightrace »

awesome job! another easy maintenance item is to replace the air cabinet filter.
2005 Frosty White, Moon & Tunes, Leather, AutoDisabled DRL & AHLDouble Compartment Armrest Hella Super Tone Horns
star_deceiver

Re: (Persephone)

Post by star_deceiver »

Nice!!! No busted knuckles yet?
2019 Ram 3500 4x4 CCSB srw 8HP75
2016 Ram 3500 4x4 RCLB Dually w/stick (traded in - 05/10/19)
2012 Chevy Silverado 1500 Cheyenne 4x4 (Traded in - 03/30/16)
2009 Vibe. (Traded in - 12/12/12)
KNINE

Post by KNINE »

Nice job. What's the cat's name?
"Don't look to the government to solve your problems, the government is the problem." Ronald Reagan"They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety." Ben Franklin.
sk8r78

Post by sk8r78 »

Looks good. You started small and thats okay. You have a direction and a desire. There is no deadline for completion, in fact few ever do get completely finished, new ideas are spawned all the time. Good luck
DressedInBlack

Post by DressedInBlack »

sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet.
http://
CAMOGIRL

Post by CAMOGIRL »

It's looking great and well on your way to being a one of a kind! I'm so happy to meet another crazy vibe lady.
Well-behaved women rarely make history.
Capt.Vibe

Post by Capt.Vibe »

Wow, she is mint! Great job. I sent this thread to my sisters, both of who's automotive knowledge is putting the proper gas and filling the tires with air lol.
2010 Red Hot Metallic 1SA
Persephone

Re: Persephone's 2003 Lava Base Vibe (CAMOGIRL)

Post by Persephone »

To everyone I need to thank, THANK YOU!! :D I really appreciate your nice comments.knightrace: The dealership did it for me before I bought it, so I can't yet. Haha!star_deceiver: Heavens, no!! O.O Hopefully I can keep it that way. lolK-NINE: She's my brother's cat. Her name is Nariia. I call her Narnia. XDsk8r78: I had to start small because I've gotta save up for visiting my boyfriend for Thanksgiving and Christmas. lol But when I get some money again it'll be great!
My lovely Gambit.
ramenboy...

Post by ramenboy... »

Nice job. Definitely like the work on the door guard. Great idea and looks good!
de-badged o4 vibe
tein s-techs | 17" msr 105 wheels | 235 45 17 nexen n7000
weapon-r short ram (thanx BC!) | typeR sport pedals | LED 3rd brake
o2 triumph speed four
Persephone

Post by Persephone »

I offered a seller on eBay $30 for a chrome exhaust tip and he accepted. I'm soooo excited!http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISA...13395Also I saw a write up on upgrading your license plate lights and I ordered some to do that. ^_^ Now please hurry and be over, weekend, so the mail man might bring me goodies!Also I have some questions:What can I do with the ugly silver on my roof racks? It just doesn't fit my car. I don't like it. I thought about more vinyl, but I'd like more suggestions, too.Annd my cigarette lighter wasn't working, so I took a look at it and found out it was just unplugged inside. But now that it's plugged in, it won't go back in. . . And I can't figure out how to get things opened up so I can get back behind it. Does anyone have a write up involving this? I've had serious trouble figuring it out. DX
My lovely Gambit.
KITT222

Post by KITT222 »

The roof racks are aluminum, so you could powder coat them. Powder coat is very durable, and often used for engine parts and rims. But is is expensive, and a hassle to get the rack off in the first place, so a vinyl wrap would be perfect. Either that or Plasti-dip. There is even a red Plasti-dip! It would hold up better that way if you use your roof racks. There are a few write-ups about how to remove the plastic from around the climate control knobs and shifter (it's all one giant piece) but the pictures aren't there. But it is really simple. Just pull out the center climate control knob, unscrew that screw, pull the plastic bezel out from around your radio (out, not off), take a flathead screwdriver, and begin prying around the shifter, and it should all begin to pop out. Be very careful though. You don't want to break anything.
Persephone

Post by Persephone »

I was sure those silly knobs would not come out. XD So I thought maybe this screw was BEHIIIND the knobs and I'd have to tear out my radio to get to it. But okay!! I got that knob to come out and fixed it and I am sooo happy. Thank you for your help. Your instructions were very good.
My lovely Gambit.
lannvouivre

Re: Persephone's 2003 Lava Base Vibe (CAMOGIRL)

Post by lannvouivre »

Looks great with the carbon fiber on the door protectors!Quote, originally posted by CAMOGIRL »It's looking great and well on your way to being a one of a kind! I'm so happy to meet another crazy vibe lady. The more, the merrier!
"If you don't love me at my diddliest, you don't deserve me at my doodliest." - User ktluvscricket of reddit
Persephone

Post by Persephone »

Thank you, lannvouivre. Just updated my garage.
My lovely Gambit.
sk8r78

Re: Persephone's 2003 Lava Base Vibe (Gambit)

Post by sk8r78 »

Wow ! Lookin good! I'm not diggin' the Banana drums but they didn't make me puke. I have been thru your town a few times last month and wondered how things were going for you. Looks like you are moving right along. Keep up the good work. If you need any help just gimme a holler.
Persephone

Post by Persephone »

Wow, through my tiny town. That's crazy. XD Where were you going? I've mostly been posting on facebook because I don't remember to come here. I should just make the forums my homepage. lol Then I'd remember.

Things aren't awesome. Someone threw a rock at my car for no reason when I was in Kentucky visiting my boyfriend and one of my grilles popped out on the way there, also. -_- What horrible luck. And I didn't get window deflectors for my birthday like I asked for. . . So I haven't really done anything lately aside from fixing my sagging exhaust pipe. I'll be posting pictures on that soon. Tomorrow, maybe!
My lovely Gambit.
GSlink86

Post by GSlink86 »

Love the Carbon Wrap on the rack and door trim! Very nice! Keep it Up!
Mariachi

Post by Mariachi »

me rikey! nice vibe!
03VibeOttawa

Post by 03VibeOttawa »

Love the painted wheels! :D
03VibeOttawa–’03 Salsa 5spd. Fast Wheels Blade 17”s/Fuzion Zr1s (summer),Blizzak Revo1/’04 WRX rims, (winter),Tokico HP Struts,Tein S-Tech Springs,Progress RSB,K&N Typhoon SRI,SLP ram air hood,Magnaflow CB,DC header. Sold 11/9/2012 w/ 217,633kms.
lannvouivre

Post by lannvouivre »

Looking forward to your next pics.
"If you don't love me at my diddliest, you don't deserve me at my doodliest." - User ktluvscricket of reddit
sk8r78

Post by sk8r78 »

Persephone wrote:Wow, through my tiny town. That's crazy. XD Where were you going? I've mostly been posting on facebook because I don't remember to come here. I should just make the forums my homepage. lol Then I'd remember.

Things aren't awesome. Someone threw a rock at my car for no reason when I was in Kentucky visiting my boyfriend and one of my grilles popped out on the way there, also. -_- What horrible luck. And I didn't get window deflectors for my birthday like I asked for. . . So I haven't really done anything lately aside from fixing my sagging exhaust pipe. I'll be posting pictures on that soon. Tomorrow, maybe!
I usually lurk here and don't often post and then forget when I do. I had a grandaughters first birthday and a daughters wedding back in June. She lives in Melvin so I go straight thru Cherokee, so it was a couple ups and backs, but I always look around for ya, incase you are in town. Sorry to hear about your troubles on your trip. Did you manage to get your grille fixed. keep us posted. Take care
Persephone

Post by Persephone »

I didn't fix my grille yet, but KITT222 got me one and I believe I'll be obtaining it at the meet this summer. :D
My lovely Gambit.