G~off's - 2009 GT

Park your vehicle in a thread here - list your vehicle info, pics, etc. all in one place.
DressedInBlack

G~off's - 2009 GT

Post by DressedInBlack »

http://
1SC

Post by 1SC »

Looks good. I like red GT's.Did you do the pin stripe yourself or did you buy your Vibe with it on ?
tpollauf

Re: (1SC)

Post by tpollauf »

Looking REAL GOOD Too bad yours doesn't have the sunroof option Down in Florida that should be a must! Maybe the car originated from somewhere up north where it wasn't wanted. This is the first GT that I've seen with NO sunroof. As mentioned earlier I really like the pin striping detail, especially where they overlap on the front door(s). I'm definitely going to do a similar stripe to mine before winter comes. Keep it clean and enjoy the ride
2009 Vibe GT (manual), 2009 G8Gt, 2009 Vibe GT (auto)
2014 Silverado, 2004 Vibe GT

"everything is modifiable"
star_deceiver

Re: DressedInBlack - 2009 GT (DressedInBlack)

Post by star_deceiver »

Lookin' good!!! Especially the red dual horns!
2019 Ram 3500 4x4 CCSB srw 8HP75
2016 Ram 3500 4x4 RCLB Dually w/stick (traded in - 05/10/19)
2012 Chevy Silverado 1500 Cheyenne 4x4 (Traded in - 03/30/16)
2009 Vibe. (Traded in - 12/12/12)
NascarXprt

Re: DressedInBlack - 2009 GT (star_deceiver)

Post by NascarXprt »

very cool! before i found my 06, i was hoping to find a 2009 GT somewhere for a decent price.
My '04 Garage - My '06 Garage - My '09 GT Garage
November 2006 MOTM / February 2007 VOTM / April 2010 VOTM / June 2011 VOTM
vibedrivermatt

Re: DressedInBlack - 2009 GT (NascarXprt)

Post by vibedrivermatt »

YES!! It looks very nice all washed and waxed. You have a very nice vib!! I have pinstripes on mine too.
areles

Post by areles »

Ahem. Not to start anything, but aren't you 'dressed in red'?Like the striping!!
vibenvy

Re: DressedInBlack - 2009 GT (areles)

Post by vibenvy »

Great looking GT ! I'm really looking forward to seeing progress pictures as you get stuff done to it !
2009 Liquid Platinum Metallic Vibe GT - 5-Speed Auto – Garage
2009 Steel Blue Metallic Vibe GT - 5-Speed Auto – Garage
lovemyraffe

Re: DressedInBlack - 2009 GT (J_TO_ENVY)

Post by lovemyraffe »

It looks fantastic! Now you should come do mine...
March 2011 MOTMFebruary 2010 MOTM My GenVibe garage
DressedInBlack

Post by DressedInBlack »

1SC,the pinstripes were done at the dealer. the pics of the car they had on the website didn't have the pinstripes on it originally. it's kinda hard to see in these pics, but, the stripes are black on top of grey. tpollauf,i wish i had the sunroof! it would have come in handy this weekend because i jogged across the state (2 hr drive) to see a friend of mine. it was sunny and nice the whole drive over. it rained all the way back though. thanks for the compliments everybody. i didnt mind detailing it; i got up early to stay in the tree shade. that didnt help with the humidity though. it was 90F with 90% humidity by 8am that day. typical really.areles,you have a very valid point. i would like to change my name, but my job has be dressing in black from head to toe. i work as a stagehand in a performing arts theater. part of my job is to say unseen. i will run the idea by my boss...ill tell him red is the new black.J_TO_ENVY,i cant wait to do stuff to it! an intake just like yours is first on the menu. money is very budgeted right now though so i will have to learn patience. after that, a quiet exhaust system. maybe lowering a bit too...and painting various non-red things red!lovemyraffe,bring some wax and some gatorade and your dog. i will do yours anytime![
areles

Re: (DressedInBlack)

Post by areles »

Quote, originally posted by DressedInBlack »i work as a stagehand in a performing arts theater. part of my job is to say unseen. I understand very well. As a frequent pit musician, I run into the request for an all-black attire.
DressedInBlack

Re: (areles)

Post by DressedInBlack »

Quote, originally posted by areles »I understand very well. As a frequent pit musician, I run into the request for an all-black attire. sweet. of which instrument are you the master?
ponta2147

Post by ponta2147 »

I understand the black thing too- my husband is a videographer with previous experience in being a stagehand/crew, and we've both done pit performances too as well.
2009 2.4L Automatic with Preferred Package and Sun and Sound package May 2010 MOTM March 2011 VOTM
areles

Post by areles »

Primarily, bass guitar and sometimes t-bone. Picked up a Casio digital sax, but I wouldn't play that in public yet. LOL!
vibenvy

Post by vibenvy »

Quote, originally posted by DressedInBlack »J_TO_ENVY,i cant wait to do stuff to it! an intake just like yours is first on the menu. money is very budgeted right now though so i will have to learn patience. after that, a quiet exhaust system. maybe lowering a bit too...and painting various non-red things red!You will not be disappointed with the intake! I tend to be very impatient while saving up for mods too . The intake will be well worth the wait though ! Sounds like you have some great mods planned for it. The only problem I can forsee is lowering it. The '09-'10 AWDs and GTs have IRS (independent rear suspension). To my knowledge, because of this, there are no springs that will work on the GT . I recommend checking out the '09-'10 section on Matrix Owners though because if there are any springs that will work with the IRS they will know about them over there. There is much more modding going on over there on the '09-'10s than there is around here. Best of luck and keep on enjoying your GT !
DressedInBlack

Re: (J_TO_ENVY)

Post by DressedInBlack »

Quote, originally posted by areles »Primarily, bass guitar and sometimes t-bone. Picked up a Casio digital sax, but I wouldn't play that in public yet. LOL!sweet, i used to play t-bone and bass! i sucked at both equally. i suppose that is why im behind the scenes, not in them. HA!Quote, originally posted by J_TO_ENVY »You will not be disappointed with the intake! I tend to be very impatient while saving up for mods too . The intake will be well worth the wait though ! Sounds like you have some great mods planned for it. The only problem I can forsee is lowering it. The '09-'10 AWDs and GTs have IRS (independent rear suspension). To my knowledge, because of this, there are no springs that will work on the GT . I recommend checking out the '09-'10 section on Matrix Owners though because if there are any springs that will work with the IRS they will know about them over there. There is much more modding going on over there on the '09-'10s than there is around here. Best of luck and keep on enjoying your GT !i have yet to find any lowering springs but i figure i should be patient on that front...sometimes supply needs a little demand to make it happy. for the intake, i cant wait!!! ahhhhhhh! i suppose i will just continue moping.
areles

Post by areles »

Quote, originally posted by DressedInBlack »used to play t-bone and bass! Low brass kicks azz!
enfield577

Post by enfield577 »

Looks great!Ours are almost twins, except for sunroof and very slightly different pin-striping.Goes along with the name spelling, I guess. Geoff in KY
2009 Vibe GT Red Hot Metallic 2.4L
Garage - viewtopic.php?t=34799
DressedInBlack

Re: DressedInBlack - 2009 GT (enfield577)

Post by DressedInBlack »

Quote, originally posted by enfield577 »Looks great!Ours are almost twins, except for sunroof and very slightly different pin-striping.Goes along with the name spelling, I guess. Geoff in KYlol.there do have to be some subtle differences so we can tell them apart. Geoff, the Florida version.
DressedInBlack

Post by DressedInBlack »

added a few pics with some painted engine parts and the new tint i had put on by my friend!
vibenvy

Post by vibenvy »

Looking good ! The red painted engine parts are a little much for me, but it's your car not mine . Also, you should have had your friend tint over the third brake light .
DressedInBlack

Post by DressedInBlack »

Quote, originally posted by J_TO_ENVY »Looking good ! The red painted engine parts are a little much for me, but it's your car not mine . Also, you should have had your friend tint over the third brake light .I was actually thinking "thats a bit too much red!" myself so I agree with ya. Lol. Im thinking of other ideas to tone it down a bit. but when i get the K&N on there, your eyes will be diverted!As far as the 3rd brake light deal, i didnt want to go too dark over the light and with my tint being illegal to begin with, i decided to not block it at all so as to not attract any reason for the cops to pull me. doctor's note (for darker tint on the front windows) or not, having that too dark is no good.
A Psycho Martyr

Post by A Psycho Martyr »

there's NO such thing as too much color.lolLooks WAAAAYYYYY nice with all the red under the hood. Looks a LOT better than mine does. I dont raise my hood too often.
knightrace

Re: (A Psycho Martyr)

Post by knightrace »

Looks great!!
2005 Frosty White, Moon & Tunes, Leather, AutoDisabled DRL & AHLDouble Compartment Armrest Hella Super Tone Horns
vibenvy

Post by vibenvy »

Quote, originally posted by DressedInBlack »I was actually thinking "thats a bit too much red!" myself so I agree with ya. Lol. Im thinking of other ideas to tone it down a bit. but when i get the K&N on there, your eyes will be diverted!As far as the 3rd brake light deal, i didnt want to go too dark over the light and with my tint being illegal to begin with, i decided to not block it at all so as to not attract any reason for the cops to pull me. doctor's note (for darker tint on the front windows) or not, having that too dark is no good.So, when you get the intake are you going to get one of the red AEM Dry Flow filters to go along with it ?I've got 35% all around and I made sure to tell them to tint over the third brake light so it wouldn't look "goofy". You can actually see the third brake light when it's unlit through the hatch glass and since it has four LEDs in it, you can most definitely see it when it's lit up. I can totally understand your reasoning though .I wish we didn't have that darn dot matrix on the windshield around the rear view mirror so I could get a tint strip. I had one put on and in my opinion it looked terrible because of the dot matrix . Yours doesn't look too bad though and it's definitely needed in Florida.
ponta2147

Post by ponta2147 »

Quote, originally posted by DressedInBlack »I was actually thinking "thats a bit too much red!" myself so I agree with ya. PSHHHHH whatever, no such thing as too much red.
2009 2.4L Automatic with Preferred Package and Sun and Sound package May 2010 MOTM March 2011 VOTM
DressedInBlack

Re: (ponta2147)

Post by DressedInBlack »

thanks, knightrace!Quote, originally posted by A Psycho Martyr »there's NO such thing as too much color.lolLooks WAAAAYYYYY nice with all the red under the hood. Looks a LOT better than mine does. I dont raise my hood too often.thanks bro. i have a feeling your engine will be looking better in a few weeks. Quote, originally posted by J_TO_ENVY »So, when you get the intake are you going to get one of the red AEM Dry Flow filters to go along with it ?I wish we didn't have that darn dot matrix on the windshield around the rear view mirror so I could get a tint strip. I had one put on and in my opinion it looked terrible because of the dot matrix . Yours doesn't look too bad though and it's definitely needed in Florida.well, in a few months i will. im going to get some use out of the K&N filter. but i do plan on getting the red one! and the next time my tint guy is in your neck of the woods, i'll have him hook you up! seriously though, he has been in the game for 24 years...started out tinting house windows and now tints anything. its kinda cool to watch him do the work; he does it so clean and quick.Quote, originally posted by ponta2147 »PSHHHHH whatever, no such thing as too much red. i was hoping you wouldn't have seen my comment about that. lol.
vibenvy

Post by vibenvy »

Quote, originally posted by DressedInBlack »well, in a few months i will. im going to get some use out of the K&N filter. but i do plan on getting the red one! and the next time my tint guy is in your neck of the woods, i'll have him hook you up! seriously though, he has been in the game for 24 years...started out tinting house windows and now tints anything. its kinda cool to watch him do the work; he does it so clean and quick.LOL! I'm happy with my tint, except for that darn dot matrix on the windshield. 35% all around became one of the legal combinations last year so it's nice not to have to worry about getting pulled over for it, although before it became legal the cops never looked twice because, after all, it is a Vibe .Can't wait to see pictures and hear your reaction on the intake when you get it .
DressedInBlack

Post by DressedInBlack »

Quote, originally posted by J_TO_ENVY »Can't wait to see pictures and hear your reaction on the intake when you get it .why can't i keep from gunning it every chance i get??? im addicted to wasting gas and hearing the growl.
vibenvy

Post by vibenvy »

Quote, originally posted by DressedInBlack »why can't i keep from gunning it every chance i get??? im addicted to wasting gas and hearing the growl. So, does this mean you got the intake!?!
DressedInBlack

Post by DressedInBlack »

yes indeed! i "updated" my first post with a pic. it took me just over an hour to install. im as happy as a clam.
vibenvy

Post by vibenvy »

Quote, originally posted by DressedInBlack »yes indeed! i "updated" my first post with a pic. it took me just over an hour to install. im as happy as a clam.Very nice ! Glad to hear you like it (although I knew you would) !
bassrocker032

Post by bassrocker032 »

I agree that there's no such thing as to much of one color. Keep up the nice work fellow painter.
2005 Vibe Base 148k milesK&N Air Filter in stock boxCustom Painted interiorCustom Painted Engine BayAftermarket driving lightsMuch more to come http://forums.genvibe.com/zerothread?id=42124
DressedInBlack

Re: (bassrocker032)

Post by DressedInBlack »

Quote, originally posted by bassrocker032 »I agree that there's no such thing as to much of one color. Keep up the nice work fellow painter. hahaha thanks, will do. i have an itchy painting finger.
DressedInBlack

Re: G~off's - 2009 GT (DressedInBlack)

Post by DressedInBlack »

bassplayaz06

Post by bassplayaz06 »

woohoo another bass player with a vibe! haha mine's great for hauling gear around in when im not using the yukon xl.
2003 Vibe GT, 1.8L, 6 speed Manual Lava Red 2 tone18" sport edition rimsCosmo CAIMy Garage http://forums.genvibe.com/zerothread?id=42483
Cruxless

Re: DressedInBlack - 2009 GT (J_TO_ENVY)

Post by Cruxless »

Quote, originally posted by J_TO_ENVY »Great looking GT ! I'm really looking forward to seeing progress pictures as you get stuff done to it !Ditto.
DressedInBlack

Re: DressedInBlack - 2009 GT (Cruxless)

Post by DressedInBlack »

I installed some HID's a friend of mine gave to me as well as some "cool" color temp leds in the interior map/dome/cargo light spots but I'm having a heck of a time getting decent pics. Any tips for a photography-challenged guy?
lowincash

Post by lowincash »

Looking good, DressedInBlack, I was expecting a black car haha
-- 2009 Vibe GT in Jet Black
DressedInBlack

Post by DressedInBlack »

got a ScanGauge II.i like this thing!it's curious that the SG shows that my speedometer is reading fast, as suspected. the SG had to be adjusted to read the same speed at my GPS (Garmin); the adjustment was 1%. SG instructions suggested that this is the best way to get the speed reading correct.this tool has already helped me to watch my driving habits. saving those pennies to get the SG will be saving me pennies while driving.i have it mounted (with velcro) to the top of the steering column for now. i want to do a custom mount in the [useless] hole under the stereo. being that im not crafty in such instances, it may be a while before that happens.
joshuaeb09

Post by joshuaeb09 »

Im tempted to get one... but then I'd feel bad about how crappy my MPG is lol. You also need to get a header so I'm not one of the few 09 owners that has one. lol. If you do hit me up and I can send you the link for the 02 sim I used. p0420 codes suck.
2009 Silver Vibe GT AutomaticI/H/E/Unichip @ 93octaneMy Garage : http://forums.genvibe.com/zerothread?id=43521" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; - Gone (Sold)
2005 Expedition Limited 2WD|4R75W 4SPD Auto|3.73 Gears|I/E|5Star Tuned@ 91|3" Lift/Level - Current Ride
DressedInBlack

Re: (joshuaeb09)

Post by DressedInBlack »

oh man, im itching to get a header and exhaust. gotta raise some money first. i will certainly let you know [if and] when i get it all.
paulclassa

Re: (1SC)

Post by paulclassa »

Nice The paint is good I can't believe how bad my vibe paint is
DressedInBlack

Post by DressedInBlack »

thanks! the paint is a bit dirty these days...dang car needs a bath. sharpish.
DressedInBlack

Post by DressedInBlack »

Had a friend of mine do a custom installation for my Scangauge II. Updated pics are in the first post.
trb

Post by trb »

Scangauge looks pretty good in there! I just would not like giving up that space since I put my phone in it when I'm driving.
Thomas
the "Mustang Guy"
1987 5.0 LX Mustang
2016 Mustang GT - current daily
2004 Satellite Vibe &
2009 Red Vibe GT -twin's cars
2003 Neptune Vibe GT - prior daily
2010 Red Vibe GT - RIP 6/16/14
2006 Platinum Vibe - son's car
vibenvy

Re: (trb)

Post by vibenvy »

Quote, originally posted by trb »Scangauge looks pretty good in there! I just would not like giving up that space since I put my phone in it when I'm driving.x2 Geoff, you need to post some updated exterior pictures! I want to get a better look at those GM window deflectors!
DressedInBlack

Post by DressedInBlack »

Will do, buckaroo!
tpollauf

Post by tpollauf »

Quote, originally posted by DressedInBlack »it's curious that the SG shows that my speedometer is reading fast, as suspected. the SG had to be adjusted to read the same speed at my GPS (Garmin); the adjustment was 1%. SG instructions suggested that this is the best way to get the speed reading correct.Nice installation Geoff In commenting on the quote above. I also noticed the scangauge II reading "higher mph that the analog dial on the dash. In fact, comparing my son's 09 Vibe GT (automatic) to my 09 Vibe GT (manual) they are IDENTICAL. That is, seeing that we both have our own scangauge II in the cars, they BOTH are off the exact amount. Case in point: ................. At 40mph scangauge = 42 mph Vibe. Also @ 80mph scangauge = 84 mph Vibe. I verified this driving through school districts where the digital radar speed was displayed (the 40 mph test obviously) and on the expressway in Toledo where another radar sign is posted showing your speed. Knowing this I feel that ALL 2009 Vibes are equally off by this amount. I'd be curious if others have noticed this On the bright side, if this is true, we are always traveling at a speed "slightly slower" than what our cars are showing us. This could save your buns from getting pulled over
2009 Vibe GT (manual), 2009 G8Gt, 2009 Vibe GT (auto)
2014 Silverado, 2004 Vibe GT

"everything is modifiable"
DressedInBlack

Re: G~off's - 2009 GT (DressedInBlack)

Post by DressedInBlack »

Added some pics of my window visors and new decal. The decal looks askew in the pic, but it isn't that way in person.