Window won't go down all the way

Upholstery, floor mats, seats, window tint and anything inside the vehicle and not electronic
jeff_j1701

Window won't go down all the way

Post by jeff_j1701 »

Hello,

The driver's window won't will only go down about half way. It feels like the window wants to go down further, but it doesn't; I can even feel a bit of pressure on the inside of the door when it stops.

Does anyone have any ideas?

All the YouTube videos I've found don't address the window only going down half way.

Thanks!
'07 Vibe, over 300 000km
andrewclaus

Re: Window won't go down all the way

Post by andrewclaus »

It sounds like a broken or jammed regulator, and the only way to find out is to pull the door panel. Since new parts are about $300, I'd spend some time trying to repair it. Or patronize a salvage yard.

You can probably count on breaking some door panel clips as well, so factor those into your parts list.
joatmon

Post by joatmon »

There was a problem with the 1st gens like your 07, where over time, the metal in the hinge side of the door could become slightly deformed. If deformed enough, it can cause the part of the door check that slides into the door to interfere with the window when the door is closed. It was a cause of some Vibers having the window shatter. Its probably not the cause of your problem, but a quick easy test to find out is to open the door all the way and see if the window still has a problem.
zbyers

Post by zbyers »

It's probably a bent window regulator. You can find new ones reasonably priced on rockauto.

If it's not that, it's as Joatmon mentioned..probably the door check.
'74 Thing, '79 El Camino, '83 VW DoKa '91 Vanagon, '03 Base, 04 GT
'06 CRV, '06 AWD, '07 Base, '12 Highlander Limited, '17 Frontier CCLB

Byerscrew Garage, GenVibe Facebook, How-To Index
Everything You Need To Know About the Pontiac Vibe