the vibe can haul........

Upholstery, floor mats, seats, window tint and anything inside the vehicle and not electronic
coratz

the vibe can haul........

Post by coratz »

when i moved last month i wanted to save the movers a bit of time..... the vibe fit a full size washing machine in the back with the seat folded down. i then went back for the dryer lol!!!!!! at a red light a driver of a full size dodge pickup was laughing so hard he had tears streaming down his face but still gave me a thumb up. ive saved a lot of money aand loaded all the boxes the day before the movers came. its unbelievable the amount of stuff the vibe holds. even a love seat with the legs off has been moved in the back. even plywood sheets cut in half!!!! 32 inch tv,s its great when you go to a large appliance store and so say you dont want delivery lol!just what are some of the larger crazy things have you guys hauled??
drunkenmaxx

Re: the vibe can haul........ (Salsa!)

Post by drunkenmaxx »

i've hauled some pretty large family members...
chew aura pizza cheat main"the world in my hands, there's noone left to hear you scream, noone's there for you"
vibe03

Re: the vibe can haul........ (drunkenvibe)

Post by vibe03 »

"i've hauled some pretty large family members.."Same here.I helped my brother take his DJ equipment home.
michaelgt

Re: the vibe can haul........ (coratz)

Post by michaelgt »

I picked up a 1/2 beef and a pig from the processer. It all fit in without stacking.
drunkenmaxx

Re: the vibe can haul........ (michaelgt)

Post by drunkenmaxx »

what you need all that meat for? do you run a wolf farm or something??
chew aura pizza cheat main"the world in my hands, there's noone left to hear you scream, noone's there for you"
johnsoax

Re: the vibe can haul........ (drunkenvibe)

Post by johnsoax »

I've moved two 32" tv's (not at the same time, but they both could fit), a Colman 3600 series grill, lawn mower, 4 116 square foot bundles of insulation (covers 116 square feet, doesn't take up that much space in the bundles), 25 40lb retaining wall blocks, 10 2x4 (with all the doors closed), a 30 cubic foot outdoor storage shed (dismantled), a 9 cubic foot refrigerator, an eliptical machine, and in one load - 4 24"x16"x6' storage cabinets (put together kits), 1 30"x24"x6' storage cabinet, a shop vac, 4 gallons of paint, 5 gallons of primer, 4 large low voltage lights, miscellaneous paint supplies (rollers, pan covers, paint stirers), and 3 8' 2x4's. Plus my wife and I in the car!!. Drove very slowly home that time. (That is one reason why I decided to get the trailer hitch) Had the back door tied down and the back end was sagging quite a bit.
Stereo Mod - Cargo carpet - Phone on ash tray. - Hidden HitchProjects: Fix CELMileage - 50050 - 31.41 MPG Ave
yank dini

Re: the vibe can haul........ (vibe03)

Post by yank dini »

quote:I helped my brother take his DJ equipment home.could have been in the next commerical
baltimore17

Post by baltimore17 »

I've really grown to love the adjustable tiedowns and tracks in the back. I bought a batch of bungee cords, keep them in the car, and find myself using them about three times a month.The biggest thing carried so far was a 24-foot extension ladder (12 feet collapsed length) with a couple of feet hanging out the back. I've also carried potting soil & peat moss and flats of plants; 10' electircal conduit (with the hatch closed); a dehumidifier (big box); a gas grill (big box); 18x60 inch panels of quarter inch plate glass; 8-foot, quarter sawn, white oak planks; a bicycle and a wetsuit.Hey: bicycle and wetsuit: sports.peat moss and conduit: utility.goes, stops, steers: vehicle.Now, what's that 14 MPG, $30K behemoth you're trying to sell to me?
dmitri

Re: the vibe can haul........ (baltimore17)

Post by dmitri »

MY vibes performance really sucks when i get 6 girls in the car big pimpin.
redlava

Re: the vibe can haul........ (dmitri)

Post by redlava »

36" and a 28" floor fan.
TheDude

Post by TheDude »

i've hauled lots of people. front 2 seats had one each, rear seats had 4 in it, and 3 in the trunk
Model: 2003 GT Color: 2 tone Abyss My Kills: late 90's tricked out cavalier Stereo: Pioneer DEH-8500mp, Rockford 6 1/2's all around(FRC4306) Comming soon Custom Fiberglass Box, Audiobahn 1206t, Rockford X6(for Sub), Kenwood KAC-8401(for Speakers) Audiobahn 3 Farad Cap
scherry2

Re: the vibe can haul........ (TheDude)

Post by scherry2 »

quote:i've hauled lots of people. front 2 seats had one each, rear seats had 4 in it, and 3 in the trunkthe ones in the trunk, they were alive right?
msmyer

Re: the vibe can haul........ (dmitri)

Post by msmyer »

6! wanna share?
‘03 Vibe with 317k and still going.............................

Other Mods: Sony X-Plod Headunit & Reflective White GVC decalMy Car at Cardomain.com... http://www.cardomain.com/id/msmyer
x2nddavex

Re: the vibe can haul........ (msmyer)

Post by x2nddavex »

i win. i had my bands entire set-up in there. including my entire drumset + hardware. 2 15" w/ cone PA speakers a 4x10 bass cabinet, a 4x12 cabinet, all the chords and a couple of amp heads all at the same time. plus myself and a friend, do i win?
Owned your Civic. Hows the view from behind?
good vibes

Re: the vibe can haul........ (x2nddavex)

Post by good vibes »

I carry many a things in my vibe aside from myself. Recently I have been making adirondack chairs and bringing them to where I work to sell. However I can only fit one at a time. Just a lil too tall an wide to fit more than one. The back of the chair sticks out of the back window. good thing I work only a few miled from where I live. Oh and here is a good one. Before I got my yakima rack I wanted to take my new kayak out to the lake. I didn't have anything to put on the roof like foam blocks or anything (didn't want to scrratch my roof) So I stuck it IN my vibe. It fit from windshield to rear glass about 9.5 feet. After that I got the rack. Now I carry all sorts of wood on the roof rack. I'm going camping next weekend with 3 friends so I will be hauling a few more things, I'm thinking it will be packed to the guilds. adios, oh and 25- 40lb blocks, 1000lbs that's a hell of a lot of weight in the back of your poor vibe. I hope you babied it all the wat home Well later all. Happy vibeing all!
My Car: 2003 Vibe AWD Shadow/Graphite My Options: Vibe Rubber Floor Mats, Vibe Back Seat Pouches w/ First Aid Kit My Extras: Anti-Fatigue Mat Cut To Fit, PIAA H4 Headlights, grafixwerks stuff, yakima bike blocks, roof rack with land shark for my kayak, and loadwarrior, hella tripple tone air horns (wanna hear a loud horn? get these!) Rockford Fosgate fanatic 6 1/2".
GT_03

Re: the vibe can haul........ (good vibes)

Post by GT_03 »

i took a full size home gym by Weider from my mom's basement to my place a few weeks ago. i still don't know how it fit.
Not a Vibe owner anymore
engine1

Re: the vibe can haul........ (GT_03)

Post by engine1 »

One Ammco 4100 brake lathe! First time I saw my car lowered!
Abyss Monotone Power Package All exterior lights upgraded to Piaa 60 Series Flowmaster, K&N Typhoon Autometer liquid filled oil pressure guage 5% Tint on all five rear windows Hurst Pistol Grip shifter, Piaa Sports Horns
cool vibes

Post by cool vibes »

The biggest thing i"ved put in the vibe is a freezer in the back, just enough room"
shenandoah24

Re: the vibe can haul........ (cool vibes)

Post by shenandoah24 »

My mom put a kitchen in her basement--and all the cabinets fit in my Vibe. They were the Ready to assemble kind from Home Depot, but there was a total of 13 cabinets in that car. I was very impressed!!! It did, however, ride like crap because of the weight, but it all fit!!!! I shoulda took a pic!!!!
Heather Proud vibe owner I'M DRIVING IT 'TIL THE WHEELS FALL OFF! IT HAS SURVIVED ABUSE FROM A DUCK......A COYOTE...AN ARMADILLO...A HUGE DEER (NONE OF THEM WERE PETS EITHER ) ...AND A DAUGHTER....WHAT A CAR! 106K AND STILL GOING STRONG!!!!
Jeff

Re: the vibe can haul........ (Salsa!)

Post by Jeff »

On one trip I hauled about 1,300 hundred dollars worth of stuff from Home Depot, including a new Maytag dryer! We opened a charge and got an extra 10% off the floor model and saved a $40 delivery charge to boot.
JustinVGT

Post by JustinVGT »

I'm going to be moving about 7 miles down the road and will be moving as much as I can in my Vibe. What sucks though, is we are moving the day before Thanksgiving and the few following days. So, our Thanksgiving will be postponed. I'll probably post some pics of my Vibe filled up.
Justin 2003 Vibe GT - Mille Miglia Evo5 18x8 Wheels (now stock)- Magnaflow Cat-Back Exhaust (now stock)- Tein S-Tech Springs (now stock)- Injen CAI - Red Painted Calipers - Hella Supertone Horns - Polk Speakers - Bazooka RS8A-HP Sub - Kenwood Headunit - Still love my Vibe, but I've just turned it back into a basic daily driver.
ragingfish

Post by ragingfish »

Bought us a new bar-bee-que yesterday...and hauled it home with NO problem!Try fitting THAT in your Grand Am or Grand Prix mom and dad!
YES!I still visit GenVibe periodically. I have not forgotten about my "original" family over here!

2009 PONTIAC G8
3.6L V6 (256 HP @ 6300 rpm, 248 ft-lbs. @ 2100 rpm)
Keely

Re: (ragingfish)

Post by Keely »

It wasn't the biggest or the heaviest, but under the category of odd I did haul a 200+lb., mid-17th Cen. stone buddha in the back of the Vibe, bringing it home from the antique dealership... getting it in and out of the car was alright, but getting it up on the mantle? Whew!
keely dunn
Nick1556

Post by Nick1556 »

I've always wondered what it would be like to replace the Mini Cooper in the Italian Job movie with the Vibe. Imagine your vibe hauling (removed) with all that gold. Yeah, I will keep on dreaming
Moons and TunesXM RadioRed neons under the seats and inside the glove boxRed LEDs inside the vent ductsBlue neons under the carRF 900 watt ampSony Xplod 12 subwooferXeon blue headlights, foglights, and backup lights
MJN2

Post by MJN2 »

Quote, originally posted by coratz »just what are some of the larger crazy things have you guys hauled??A 110 pound Alaskan Malmute...in her crate Got the strangest looks from people. Dog that resembles a wolf, in a big black wire cage that's bungee corded to all the ring tabs in the back of the car, plus tied down to a few of the track tie-downs
Two-tone Neptune GT w/17" OEM rims, Nav System, BOMZ short ram, Sabresport STB
roddney1

Post by roddney1 »

I tied my mother-in-law up to the roof rack with plenty of room to spare for the rest of the in-laws in the back! LOL
PONYAK TWO2004 Fusion Orange VibeMoon & Tunes, Autotrans, Power Package, Protection Package, Polished Steel Exhaust, Aluminum Wheels, Bumper Protector. ABS.Mods... Hella Horns, installed rear cargo carpeting.
drunkenmaxx

Re: (roddney1)

Post by drunkenmaxx »

what about aunt edna?? (reference to christmas vacation)i have hauled many a beer cooler when i went camping, along with all of the fishing poles and other junk.
ZubenElGenubi

Re: the vibe can haul........ (JustinVGT)

Post by ZubenElGenubi »

So, Justin, for Thanksgiving I guess you're stuffing the Vibe instead of a Bird....
drummerdude

Re: the vibe can haul........ (x2nddavex)

Post by drummerdude »

I've gotten my entire drum set and 4 people with my big subs box in the back... do i win?
2006 MazdaSpeed6 GT which is for sale if anyone is interested...
03VibeGT6Spd

Post by 03VibeGT6Spd »

I put my daughter Quad in the back of are vibe,The tie down's came in handy.
Mr. Poopypants

Re: the vibe can haul........ (drummerdude)

Post by Mr. Poopypants »

Quote, originally posted by drummerdude »I've gotten my entire drum set and 4 people with my big subs box in the back... do i win?How did you manage that??
A bartender is just a pharmacist with a limited inventory.
Fialchar

Re: the vibe can haul........ (Mr. Poopypants)

Post by Fialchar »

'I've fit 9 people in my Vibe as well, but there's no room in the hatch area of mine, just front seats and back seats. (Note, I wouldn't do that again, my Vibe scrapeD just from turning with the road and every time I heard it I was like "ARRRGGGHHH")
drunkenmaxx

Re: the vibe can haul........ (Fialchar)

Post by drunkenmaxx »

don't we have like 6" ground clearance?you must have had some fat mofo's in there!
Mr. Poopypants

Re: the vibe can haul........ (Fialchar)

Post by Mr. Poopypants »

I will repeat, but to a different user, How did you manage that?
A bartender is just a pharmacist with a limited inventory.
NSimkins
Global Moderator

Re: the vibe can haul........

Post by NSimkins »

Thought I would contribute to this thread today...Helped my dad haul a 50 in. hot water tank in the Vibe today (w/ back seats folded down). All boxed the thing fit like a glove with a couple inches to spare. We proved those doubtful loading dock guys wrong. (sorry no pics )
ragingfish

Re: the vibe can haul........ (NSimkins)

Post by ragingfish »

I hauled 12 bags of top soil, and 12 bags of river stone home a few days ago...was pretty much riding on the bump stops in back...And I was vacuuming for hours to get all that damn soil outta there.
YES!I still visit GenVibe periodically. I have not forgotten about my "original" family over here!

2009 PONTIAC G8
3.6L V6 (256 HP @ 6300 rpm, 248 ft-lbs. @ 2100 rpm)
GT_King

Post by GT_King »

Well, I run my mobile paintless dent removal biz out of the back of my Vibe. I don't have a huge amount of tools and equipment, but it definetely works very well, kinda like a small cargo van.
johnsoax

Re: the vibe can haul........ (GT_King)

Post by johnsoax »

Here is what I just hauled this weekend.5x8 trailer - 200lb+ LawnmowerSorry the pictures are so dark

Attached files
Stereo Mod - Cargo carpet - Phone on ash tray. - Hidden HitchProjects: Fix CELMileage - 50050 - 31.41 MPG Ave
johnsoax

Re: the vibe can haul........ (johnsoax)

Post by johnsoax »

Second pic

Attached files
maddmic

Re: the vibe can haul........ (johnsoax)

Post by maddmic »

Hauled Sears 20 cu. ft. car top carrier in it's box to the house. Could almost get the hatch closed. 1 week later, filled the car with the wife, myself, the dog, his kennel, clothing, gifts, then put the 20 cu. ft. carrier on top for more items. Made a 3000 mile round trip. Plenty of times we cleaned out the storage place and took it to the house. It really makes things nice when you have 2 Vibes. Kinda funny when people are helping you pack the car and you just keep on putting things in it..... Reminds me of the circus clowns in the car....
Sub-Vibe-R

Re: the vibe can haul........ (maddmic)

Post by Sub-Vibe-R »

The worst thing I put in the trunk was sand...Lots of sand for my kid.

Attached files
Sub-Vibe-R

Re: the vibe can haul........ (Sub-Vibe-R)

Post by Sub-Vibe-R »

And another pic from the outside.You can see that Tein coil can handle a lot... It only dropped for another 1 inch.

Attached files
79 beast

Post by 79 beast »

i bought the vibe so i could buy the large stainless bbq grill at costco.it was a large 2 boxes.if i didnt have the vibe ,i wouldnt have the grill.the grill wa a great price and use it almost every day in fl.
jdub

Post by jdub »

all the food to feed 65 kids for a weekend retreat
when all is said and done, we have to answer for all we've said and done
polaris1000

Re: (desert_dweller)

Post by polaris1000 »

I have moved a 8ft couch and a 36' Toshiba tv with my vibe. The 36' tv fit in the vibe standing up and cleared the roof by literally 1/4 inch . It was like the Vibe was designed to carry a 36' tv and nothing bigger.
http://members.cardomain.com/pontiacvibegt MagnaFlow Cat-back Exhaust Injen CAI TRD Lowering Springs TRD Ground Wires TRD Strut Tower Brace Progress Rear Sway Bar E.S. Motor Mounts
GKvibe

Post by GKvibe »

Seven adults,
G&K 2004 Vibe,hers Neptune ,MonchromeMoon and Tunes,Power group,alloys.ABS100K and counting, bought new, only totaled twice so far 2006 Tacoma Double Cab His1982 Honda Goldwing,His
onevibe

Post by onevibe »

I moved from Manitoba to Alberta with all of my possessions. My car was loaded with boxes full of computer and other electronic equipment. I also installed a Hidden Hitch and hauled a 5' x 8' single axle enclosed trailer. The Vibe did great. She lagged a bit if I put her in 5th so she cruised along in 4th 1400kms. I was concerned that the hitch would take away from her good looks but you can barely notice it.
ONEVIBE
pissedoffgokart

Re: the vibe can haul........ (GT_King)

Post by pissedoffgokart »

I transported a car seat and 6 30" bifolding doors!!! I love this car still!
shane_c

Post by shane_c »

2006 Vibe (base) - Platinum Silver, 5 spd, ABS, Power Package, Infinity Speakers, Dynomax muffler, Cosmo SR intake - SOLD
nygiantzz1

Re: (shane_c)

Post by nygiantzz1 »

I hauled everything I needed to build the base and flooring for my deck at camp, 12-concrete deck blocks, 10- 2"x6"x8' boards, 32- 1"x4"x8' boards and 3 4"x4"x8' posts in one trip with the hatch closed. (I used lots of plastic tarp to prevent scuffs) See attacment for pic of deck. I am adding another 8' next spring and putting a railing all around. The Vibe can haul a lot of stuff.

Attached files