Any custom Seat belts???

Upholstery, floor mats, seats, window tint and anything inside the vehicle and not electronic
A Psycho Martyr

Any custom Seat belts???

Post by A Psycho Martyr »

Not talking about racing harnesses or anything to do with new seats,

I'm looking for a way to go different colors on my factory seat belts.

These seem to be the best (or the ONLY rather) sites I can find.

Has anyone ever taken their seat belt assembly out of the b-pillar and tinkered with it?

Wesco Performance

Stylin Trucks
Last edited by A Psycho Martyr on Wed Jan 11, 2017 2:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
CAMOGIRL

Re: Any custom Seat belts???

Post by CAMOGIRL »

Are you thinking red? Seems to be a pretty good way to add some color. What are you doing with your seats?
Well-behaved women rarely make history.
A Psycho Martyr

dark red, wine, crimson...whatever.

just not RICE red :lol:

And the seats will be the same, except for the middles (gray area) will be reaplced with a high-grade white vinyl

Look and feel like leather, easy clean-up...and cheaper!

take that and add some dark red seatbelts and BOOM! :o

instant show-stopper 8-)
A Psycho Martyr

There also THIS, which is pretty tempting

Try buying the seatbelt webbing and re-threading my belts with a new color.

This site looks like they have a nice set that will fit
CAMOGIRL

Post by CAMOGIRL »

That last site looks like it would have the better colors, but I am attracted to everything but the RED, which is what I am stuck accenting with again. My red is very specific though. I think a nice crimson would look great with your theme.

I would worry about re-threading though, because the ends are sewn in a specific way I think that would lend the strength needed in a collision. Maybe I am wrong. It looks like the site sells the replacements as well. Dang.. this makes ME want some nice RICE RED seatbelts lol. Only I call it RS red.

You should do it. :ugeek:
Well-behaved women rarely make history.
tpollauf

Post by tpollauf »

Brandon. You're a Genius :lol: This is a mod I can definitely do to my Vibe in just a couple hours ! I have a Pfaff 545 industrial sewing machine in my basement which I got real cheap some 25 years ago when I did upholstery work. It can definitely sew thick webbing and have done tons of it in the past. I just looked at the link you provided and ordered the sample webbing for $6.00. Then I'll get a Red close to my Vibe exterior (hope it's not Rice Red :x ) and replace the front two seats only (for now). Then you guys can check it out at the meet in Pontiac.
2009 Vibe GT (manual), 2009 G8Gt, 2009 Vibe GT (auto)
2014 Silverado, 2004 Vibe GT

"everything is modifiable"
A Psycho Martyr

Yeah, I was just thinking and this seemed like a totally do-able mod that nobody ever does.

Guess you'll beat me to the punch, but I gotta get these seats done before I do anything else
lannvouivre

Post by lannvouivre »

The webbing in the belts also has parts that are meant to break to further absorb energy. The belt itself does not break, but rather lets certain folded portions unfold and basically extend the seatbelts in a high-speed crash.
"If you don't love me at my diddliest, you don't deserve me at my doodliest." - User ktluvscricket of reddit