console lid hinge

Upholstery, floor mats, seats, window tint and anything inside the vehicle and not electronic
joatmon

console lid hinge

Post by joatmon »

I broke part of my center console lid hinge, (the one between the seats) and ended up buying a new (used) lid assembly, since the GM dealer told me they only sold he whole lid, and not the hinges separately, but later I saw on here somewhere somebody was able to get some individual parts from Toyota.Here are the parts I broke, (new versions from Toyota, not broken ones)

These two parts are in each of the hinges, one on each side, and they are mirrors of each other.
(in the pic I acutally only took a pic of one of the parts, then mirrored it to get the other part, but the parts really are exact mirror images of each other.)

The interesting thing about this (the reason why I bothered to post about it) is that the although the parts are so similar, part number 58965-02060 costs $1.75 each, while 58964-02060 costs $4.27 each. I wonder what it is about the 4 that makes it three times more expensive than the 5?

Attached files

edit to replace pic lost in some forum software change
hingepin.jpg
hingepin.jpg (15.17 KiB) Viewed 3781 times
Last edited by joatmon on Sun Mar 15, 2020 11:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
redlava

Re: console lid hinge (joatmon)

Post by redlava »

Not sure, but I would think that because "Lefties" are a minority they would produce a smaller amount. So in order to recoup their losses they had to increase the price. I just calls it the way I sees it.
osirisaaron

Post by osirisaaron »

Do you know where I can get these hinge pins at a price similar to yours? I am coming up empty online and only getting pricing around 20 dollars. Did you buy direct from the dealer? Thank you in advance. -Aaron
joatmon

Re: console lid hinge (osirisaaron)

Post by joatmon »

I went in to a Toyota dealership, and ordered them in person from the parts department. welcome to genvibe
scherry2

Re: console lid hinge (redlava)

Post by scherry2 »

Quote, originally posted by joatmon »I wonder what it is about the 4 that makes it three times more expensive than the 5?seeing as the driver opens it more than the passenger maybe the left one has more stress.
osirisaaron

Post by osirisaaron »

Thanks and I am glad to be the newly proud owner of a Vibe!
new05vibeowner

Re: console lid hinge (osirisaaron)

Post by new05vibeowner »

Glad I found this. The old Super Glue just won't hold anymore!
Mods: 04 center armrest, 04 Matrix AM/FM/CD/Cassette, Electrochromatic rear view mirror w/compass, GM hood protector, Ventvisors on doors and moonroof, one-touch close moonroof. added 12v outlet in console, Goodyear TripleTred tires, Sirius satellite radio.
Mrizzle05

Re: console lid hinge (new05vibeowner)

Post by Mrizzle05 »

my hinges wont hold the lid up anymore?? would these fix that problem or im i SOL?
Must resist.... V... Tec.... Temptation... to strong... "WARNING: Genvibe is a very addictive website... constant use can result in car modification and a lowering of your bank account. use with extreme caution!http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2298639
Cookie

Re: console lid hinge

Post by Cookie »

I have a 07 base model and my center console armrest is just the lid that opens to the large storage compartment. I was at the junkyard today and there was 03 Matrix XRS with the clamshell version of the armrest lid. I grabbed it from the yard and swapped it into mine. Its a big improvement for me because it brought the height of the armrest up making it more comfortable. Plus now I have a nice added storage space. The hinges in my original part and the one I swapped it for were broke. The lid hinges weren't designed well because I've seen a lot of them and they're all broke when I find them in the junkyard.
07' Pontiac Vibe Salsa Red
Mark

Post by Mark »

Not sure on the Matrix, but the 03-04 Vibe center console also has a power outlet. When I was looking for a lid I ended up taking the entire console and wiring harness. The wiring is already there under the console, you just need the harness to connect it. I also bought replacement hinges from the Toyota dealer.
'08 Base Stealth, '05 Base Satellite
Cookie

Post by Cookie »

@Mark, I saw the outlet but they wanted too much for the whole console so I opted just for the lid. Can I just grab the outlet and harness and slap it into my 07 or do I need the whole console from the junker XRS to make it work?
07' Pontiac Vibe Salsa Red
Mark

Post by Mark »

Just the outlet and harness would work, you'd just have to drill the right size hole in the console to hold it.
Bookworm

Post by Bookworm »

Mark wrote: Sat Mar 14, 2020 8:34 am Just the outlet and harness would work, you'd just have to drill the right size hole in the console to hold it.
Depending on the year, y ou don't have to drill a hole.

My console had a cap over the hole. I yanked the power outlet from my 03 and just put it straight into my 07.
SSizler

Post by SSizler »

Both the upper and lower lid hinges in my 2003 were broken when I purchased it.
I used JB Weld Superweld to glue them back together and they are holding up nicely 6 weeks later.
I also used the same adhesive on a few interior tabs I broke taking the dash apart and it works pretty good on the plastic in these cars.
2003 Vibe Base / Frosty Mono / Moon & Tunes / Auto / 206k mi / Total Loss 1-23
2006 Vibe AWD / Lava Mono / Loaded w/Leather and Sport Pkg / 150k mi
Many other 2 & 4 wheel toys :mrgreen:
40 years with a wonderful woman / 2 adult kids
Mark

Post by Mark »

Bookworm wrote: Sat Mar 14, 2020 1:19 pm
Mark wrote: Sat Mar 14, 2020 8:34 am Just the outlet and harness would work, you'd just have to drill the right size hole in the console to hold it.

My console had a cap over the hole. I yanked the power outlet from my 03 and just put it straight into my 07.
I can't remember whether my 08 had the hole there or not. I know I picked up a whole console w/lid out of an 04 from a junk yard but then had to buy a hinge for it from the Toyota dealer.
zbyers

Post by zbyers »

Bookworm wrote: Sat Mar 14, 2020 1:19 pm

Pretty sure all of them have a plug in the that hole. I have an 07, and there was just a plug there. Removed it, installed the 12V outlet, profit!
'74 Thing, '79 El Camino, '83 VW DoKa '91 Vanagon, '03 Base, 04 GT
'06 CRV, '06 AWD, '07 Base, '12 Highlander Limited, '17 Frontier CCLB

Byerscrew Garage, GenVibe Facebook, How-To Index
Everything You Need To Know About the Pontiac Vibe