Fog Mod

Technical info on the Pontiac Vibe and Toyota Matrix including do-it-yourself info
zbyers

Fog Mod

Post by zbyers »

I would like to do the fog mod; however, without actually cutting any wires. Is it possible to just jump the parking light and fog wires to do this mod? I've read the write up here but it mentiones cutting the wires. I would like to try to avoid that if possible.

As for the AHL mod, it seems the most simple way to accomplish this is to just unplug the sensor on the dash, correct? I'd like to disable the DRL's to, but if they shut off with the E-Brake (I read that they should but haven't verified) then I guess that'll be fine.

If any of these mods without cutting wires have been previously discussed, I haven't been able to find the threads.

Thanks for the help.
'74 Thing, '79 El Camino, '83 VW DoKa '91 Vanagon, '03 Base, 04 GT
'06 CRV, '06 AWD, '07 Base, '12 Highlander Limited, '17 Frontier CCLB

Byerscrew Garage, GenVibe Facebook, How-To Index
Everything You Need To Know About the Pontiac Vibe
Doug14

Re: Fog Mod

Post by Doug14 »

Unplugging sensor in corner of dash by windshield is easiest way of disabling AHL. Moving button under ebrake assembly so that it does not activate will keep DRL from coming on but you will still have your ebrake light on instrument cluster.
zbyers

Re: Fog Mod

Post by zbyers »

Thanks for the info. I did the mod's over the weekend and ending up splicing the red/white wire on the harness and put a switch for the AHL's and DRL's. For the fogs I did the wires under the steering column.
'74 Thing, '79 El Camino, '83 VW DoKa '91 Vanagon, '03 Base, 04 GT
'06 CRV, '06 AWD, '07 Base, '12 Highlander Limited, '17 Frontier CCLB

Byerscrew Garage, GenVibe Facebook, How-To Index
Everything You Need To Know About the Pontiac Vibe