no start after 3 years with no battery

Technical info on the Pontiac Vibe and Toyota Matrix including do-it-yourself info
kramer

no start after 3 years with no battery

Post by kramer »

ok all ive saved a 07 vibe from doom i need help cant aford dealership ..... it hit a deer in late 07-mid 08 it has 36000 miles on it the old man drove it home and took the battery out it sat (sad) now it wont turn over with the key and my scanner wont comunicat with the pcm ...i think its the anti theft ??? ....ps it does turn over with a screw driver on the siliniod no fuel pump powering up eather any help would be apriciated (help) thank you
goodVIBErations 07 vibe saved from DOOM
Salsa Guy

Post by Salsa Guy »

Stupid question but did you put another good battery in it? Do you have power to the PCM? You try jumping it? What's damaged from the deer hit? Is something shorting out?
05 Matrix XR 4WD and 03 Vibe GT
"If you want Government to solve your problems, then you are the problem!" BMSR
Trix MODS: SRI w/ AEM filter, Vibrant/Magnaflow Cat-back, Alutec Lightweight Crank Pulley
GT MODS: Cosmo SRI, DRL, Auto Stop
kramer

Post by kramer »

yes a good battery lol it did short the 100 amp under hood on fender i think with the car off when they wher taking off tires somone leaned on fender .....damage is dr front cosmetic, bumper, fender, hood .door i can use a screw driver and short across siliniod and turn it over ... dont think pcm is getting power thats why i think its anti theft replaced all fuses that where burnt ???? i think need to find schematics to test pcm/anti theft .....funny good battery
kramer

Post by kramer »

so no one has any schematics for the anti thieft and pcm so i know wich wires are sopost to have power and ground?????
Wolfman213

Post by Wolfman213 »

SublimeWind had schematics for the Vibe. Do a search for him and his sig had the link(s) to it. I would think joatman has them too. Joatman is still active on here whereas Sublime isn't.
April 2010 Co-MOTM * Custom LED Gauge Cluster swap * LED dome, HVAC, and shifter * Retrofit projector w/ blue halo * Kenwood KDC-HD942U * Herculined cargo area * Debadged *Wolfman's Garage
djkeev

Re: no start after 3 years with no battery (kramer)

Post by djkeev »

Not to come across as giving a "smart" answer but you are asking for a simple answer to a very complex problem and you give very little information to help us.Post some photos so we can see what is damaged.Do you have a stick or an automaticWhen you turn on the key does ANYTHING at all work?Any dash lights at all?Is the entire car dead?What about lights and such accessories?I've got the GM service manuals for 07, there are two books whose total is about 3" of paper. The engine controls section is about 75 - 100 pages. Step by step diagnosis and random wiring diagrams.let me know more about what it does or does not do, maybe I can help but fear it will be time consuming and difficult.You might consider laying down the coin and purchasing the books for this car, it can only help you and save money in the long run.Make sure all your relays are in that front box on the LF fender. DaveDave
(o ! /o) (o)=I=(o)
kramer

Post by kramer »

ooppss automatic ,the damage is cosmetic body panels it did blow the hundred amp main fuse after it was parked the fender was almost touching the + in the relay/fuse box on dr fender re[placed a lot of fuses it powers up the dash and the radio,windows,and lights work will not turn over with the key i can short across starter and turn it over no power to fuel pump or pcm?it wont communicate with scanner ?????could be bad pcm ?? but thier pricey so i want to test to make shure...i'll try to get photoes up tomarow thank you yah as soon aqs i pay off my house (january) im going to look into buying thoes manuals along with aftermarket body parts its going to be pretty its just a sunday driver lol.....hopefully its going to look like my avitar
kramer

Re: (kramer)

Post by kramer »

ITS ALIVE two more fuses i hate the fusebox under dash i didnt have my tounge in the right part of my mouth when i replased the fuses put two in wrong space now for body parts thanks to all
kramer

Post by kramer »

here is a pic of my vibe .....got it running now to start on the body work

Attached files
djkeev

Post by djkeev »

Glad you got it running!! Now, get out the body tools and start making it look nice!!Dave
(o ! /o) (o)=I=(o)
dougreed

Re: (djkeev)

Post by dougreed »

Glad your problem is fixed. My comment is be sure you check the heater/ac blower housing for rodent stored food or droppings. My limited experience with just 3 vibes, and ALL 3 had acorns stored in the blower box AND the engine air filter box!!!!! 2 of the vibes had been GARAGE kept!... cover all the air intakes with some sort of hardware cloth/screen.
dougreed

Post by dougreed »

sorry, the post got to the wrong person....
kramer

Re: (dougreed)

Post by kramer »

kool i get lost to lol