report options poll

Let us know of any problems, suggestions, or questions you have about the GenVibe Website and Forums

Post Reporting, default options preference

The message contains links to illegal or pirated software.
No votes
The reported message has the only purpose to advertise for a website or another product.
50%
The reported message is off topic.
No votes
The reported message does not fit into any other category, please use the further information field.
No votes
This is an important message and should be stickied.
8%
YES email me when report is dealt with
No votes
NO do not email me when report is dealt with
42%

Total votes: 12

joatmon

report options poll

Post by joatmon »

Since we are so well behaved here, about the only time I ever use the "Report this post" utility is for SPAM, and I'd rather see different defaults for the report options. I don't want an email when a spam I reported is deleted, and I'm lazy, so I'd rather not have to change the reason to "spam" every time. I'm just a user, I can't change the defaults, don't know if they would ever get changed, but curious what other post reporters would prefer

what would you like the default values to be, the ones that would be selected when you first open the report screen?

There are two things, which would you like to have as the default reason for reporting the post, and do you want to receive an email when your reply is dealt with. You can vote for two options in the poll,
Last edited by joatmon on Sat Jun 08, 2013 8:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
808 Vibes

Re: report options poll

Post by 808 Vibes »

How about if a SPAM thread/post is checked off for removal by so many members (let's say for example, that three would be the magic number) it automatically and magically goes POOF?

Another option is- as there is in yelping- there is a category for 'offensive'
~ ALIS VOLAT PROPRIIS ~
vibenvy

Post by vibenvy »

I pretty much always just click the "The reported message has the only purpose to advertise for a website or another product" option because 99% of the time the SPAM posts have at least one link to some random website i.e. advertising for a website or another product. And I always leave the "Notify me?" section as "Yes" and I've only received an email a couple times and I know I have reported a lot of posts, especially since we switched over to the new site software (a year ago already?).

I guess what I'm saying is in my opinion, the options we currently have are fine by me and I don't really see a need to add or delete options.
2009 Liquid Platinum Metallic Vibe GT - 5-Speed Auto – Garage
2009 Steel Blue Metallic Vibe GT - 5-Speed Auto – Garage
808 Vibes

Post by 808 Vibes »

Where's the rest of the spam haters? It's still only us 3 musketeers!
~ ALIS VOLAT PROPRIIS ~
tpollauf

Post by tpollauf »

808 Vibes wrote:Where's the rest of the spam haters? It's still only us 3 musketeers!
Hey, I don't get online every day so I'm a bit slow here :o I'm with you FOUR previous voters ;)
2009 Vibe GT (manual), 2009 G8Gt, 2009 Vibe GT (auto)
2014 Silverado, 2004 Vibe GT

"everything is modifiable"
beemerphile1

Post by beemerphile1 »

Somewhat related; I find it helpful if the first member to find spam and notify the mods posts a note like "mod notified". Lets all the subsequent members know that it is already reported. It is what I do.
NE Ohio - home to the most successful Pontiac drag racing team in history - Bill Knafel's "Tin Indian" and also home to Summit Auto Racing.
2009 Vibe base 1.8L auto towing 2009 Aliner Sport hardsided pop-up
808 Vibes

Post by 808 Vibes »

Thanks, T & B ...#4 and #5 Musketeer!
~ ALIS VOLAT PROPRIIS ~
star_deceiver

Post by star_deceiver »

I have only ever reported 1 topic that wasn't spam.... I reported it as off-topic... and it was my own thread that I accidentally posted in the wrong subforum.... AND I asked for a mod to reply to me once it was moved... AND THEY DID!!! The system works!!! 8-)
2019 Ram 3500 4x4 CCSB srw 8HP75
2016 Ram 3500 4x4 RCLB Dually w/stick (traded in - 05/10/19)
2012 Chevy Silverado 1500 Cheyenne 4x4 (Traded in - 03/30/16)
2009 Vibe. (Traded in - 12/12/12)
808 Vibes

Post by 808 Vibes »

Slacker! :P
~ ALIS VOLAT PROPRIIS ~
vibenvy

Post by vibenvy »

beemerphile1 wrote:Somewhat related; I find it helpful if the first member to find spam and notify the mods posts a note like "mod notified". Lets all the subsequent members know that it is already reported. It is what I do.
I agree with this. It would be great if there were a way to "flag" a message as already being reported to let everyone else know that it has already been reported.
2009 Liquid Platinum Metallic Vibe GT - 5-Speed Auto – Garage
2009 Steel Blue Metallic Vibe GT - 5-Speed Auto – Garage