Lowering Spring/Strut pictures and insight

Handling, suspension, and brake tuning discussions
Headcase0

Lowering Spring/Strut pictures and insight

Post by Headcase0 »

Hello all! I just finished up a clutch job on my 05 GT, and I noticed the driver's side front shock is blown. As such, I'm in the market for new suspension (probably needed all around at this point). I'm mostly looking for a relatively comfortable ride with a lower than stock look. I've taken a look at KYB GR2s with Tein s techs and it almost looks too low to be all that comfortable or practical. Tein h techs seem like a nicer option, but I can't find any good pictures of them on the vibe. I've also come across some vogtland and eibach springs, but I haven't found much information on either. As such, any information or insight regarding springs, struts, or any other general suspension information is highly appreciated.

Thanks,

Headcase0
2005 Vibe GT with 193k Miles

Dayton, OH
zbyers

Re: Lowering Spring/Strut pictures and insight

Post by zbyers »

The S-Techs provide a nice 2.25" or so drop. If you look in my Byerscrew Garage, you should see pictures of my old black vibe, and new orange one on the S-Techs. Being in the snow belt near Erie, PA ground clearance has not been an issue on the regular roads, or snow covered roads. I avoid offroading in this one. :lol:
'74 Thing, '79 El Camino, '83 VW DoKa '91 Vanagon, '03 Base, 04 GT
'06 CRV, '06 AWD, '07 Base, '12 Highlander Limited, '17 Frontier CCLB

Byerscrew Garage, GenVibe Facebook, How-To Index
Everything You Need To Know About the Pontiac Vibe
Bookworm

Post by Bookworm »

I scrape curbs (parking) enough that I don't think I need to be lower, myself. Hoping that replacing the shocks will _raise_ the car a bit.
zbyers

Post by zbyers »

Bookworm wrote: Mon Oct 14, 2019 9:36 am I scrape curbs (parking) enough that I don't think I need to be lower, myself. Hoping that replacing the shocks will _raise_ the car a bit.
stop parking so close to the curb! :D

I was concerned at first, but having picked the springs up cheap enough, I have altered my driving/parking habits the little bit they need to ensure I don't hurt the car... I park further away from curbs, and go slower over speed bumps and railroad crossings and whatnot. I haven't had an issues...though when they milled the road through town to repave it, I had to avoid that stretch as the manholes were smacking peoples oil pans that were stock height.
'74 Thing, '79 El Camino, '83 VW DoKa '91 Vanagon, '03 Base, 04 GT
'06 CRV, '06 AWD, '07 Base, '12 Highlander Limited, '17 Frontier CCLB

Byerscrew Garage, GenVibe Facebook, How-To Index
Everything You Need To Know About the Pontiac Vibe
Bookworm

Post by Bookworm »

zbyers wrote: Mon Oct 14, 2019 9:45 am
Bookworm wrote: Mon Oct 14, 2019 9:36 am I scrape curbs (parking) enough that I don't think I need to be lower, myself. Hoping that replacing the shocks will _raise_ the car a bit.
stop parking so close to the curb! :D
Tell them to stop putting bumpers in parking lots! :)

Anyone else had 'tracking' issues with the grooved roads they're doing nowadays?