Discontinued knuckel

Handling, suspension, and brake tuning discussions
Devan

Discontinued knuckel

Post by Devan »

05 vibe right rear knuckle bushing (the one with the cam bolt) was worn out and bolt nearly worn through I remove the bolt and bushing but I can not find a replacement bushing for the knuckel nor the hole knuckel. if anyone has any suggestions on where I can get a bushing it would be appropriate if not I guess I'm stuck hunting one down in the junk yard
zbyers

Re: Discontinued knuckel

Post by zbyers »

Based on your mention of camber bolts, I presume you are AWD? You are going to have a hell of a time finding some of the suspension parts for the rear end if you are AWD. FWIW, Toyota generally calls the knuckle a spindle, so you may have better luck searching under that.

Just as a reference, the rear suspension set up on the 03-06 AWD Vibe was used on the following vehicles:

99-06 Celica GTS*
*The Celica GT of those same years miiiiiggghhhttt have the same rear knuckle/spindle.
03-06 AWD Vibe/Matrix
09-10 AWD or GT/XRS Vibe/Matrix**
**No confirmation if the setup remained the same on the 11+ AWD or XRS Matrix (the Matrix remained in production until 2013).

This is supposedly a fit for the Celica GTS. Toyota part # 42304-20330.

https://parts.manhattanbeachtoyota.com/ ... wtbDQtZ2Fz
'74 Thing, '79 El Camino, '83 VW DoKa '91 Vanagon, '03 Base, 04 GT
'06 CRV, '06 AWD, '07 Base, '12 Highlander Limited, '17 Frontier CCLB

Byerscrew Garage, GenVibe Facebook, How-To Index
Everything You Need To Know About the Pontiac Vibe
Devan

Post by Devan »

Thank you and you are right it's the awd and that number seams to be the same image I took into Toyota and they weren't willing to order the knuckel it because they were saying too often the vibe and matrix parts aren't exact matches I think at this point I'll go and see if I can twist there arm into ordering one in for me even if there is some sort of restocking fee if it wont work

It's hard to believe that there is no bushings to replace these with rather than doing the hole knuckel but I cant find anything and apparently neither can the dealerships

Thanks for the help again and hopefully this thread will help someone else out too
zbyers

Post by zbyers »

Devan wrote: Thu May 09, 2019 4:04 amThank you and you are right it's the awd and that number seams to be the same image I took into Toyota and they weren't willing to order the knuckel it because they were saying too often the vibe and matrix parts aren't exact matches I think at this point I'll go and see if I can twist there arm into ordering one in for me even if there is some sort of restocking fee if it wont work
The only things NOT Toyota about the Vibe are the body panels, headlight/taillights, HVAC (heating, air conditioning, blower motor, etc.) and the radio. Otherwise, the Vibe is 95% Toyota.

If you had a part number for the spindle/knuckle from a Matrix, I'd order that one just to be on the safe side.
'74 Thing, '79 El Camino, '83 VW DoKa '91 Vanagon, '03 Base, 04 GT
'06 CRV, '06 AWD, '07 Base, '12 Highlander Limited, '17 Frontier CCLB

Byerscrew Garage, GenVibe Facebook, How-To Index
Everything You Need To Know About the Pontiac Vibe