Poll: USPS woes

General discussions not related to the Vibe, Matrix, or any other vehicle. (follow posting rules)

Poll: How's you're USPS experience been lately?

Great
14%
Fine
14%
Typical
14%
Some issues
29%
Terrible
29%

Total votes: 7

joatmon

Poll: USPS woes

Post by joatmon »

I've been having terrible luck with the US postal service this fall. Three things I've ordered on line just disappeared from the tracking system after USPS got them. Got refunds, but I wanted the stuff instead. I'm currently waiting on two packages from relatives, no tracking updates from USPS for eight days so far and counting.

Obviously the pandemic is wreaking havoc here now that the US is in worst case covid status, and then the political stuff that won't get discussed here outside the asylum. Not really asking why, just curious how the USPS is treating you this fall and holiday season?
SlammedNiss

Re: Poll: USPS woes

Post by SlammedNiss »

Yea, this season has been especially bad for USPS. I sold a set of Eibach's that I shipped to Florida via Priority. Once they got thru Wichita, they disappeared for about 2 1/2 weeks. I contacted USPS and asked them to look into it, and they basically said it was lost and to file an insurance claim. I asked the buyer and he was cool and said he was fine with waiting in case it showed back up. A couple days later, it magically appeared back on tracking and was delivered a few days later.
2003 Matrix Xrs Automatic - SOLD :'(
2011 Rav4 Sport
zbyers

Post by zbyers »

I've never had an issue with our local USPS...other than he delivers my stuff to mom and dad's 2 doors down.
'74 Thing, '79 El Camino, '83 VW DoKa '91 Vanagon, '03 Base, 04 GT
'06 CRV, '06 AWD, '07 Base, '12 Highlander Limited, '17 Frontier CCLB

Byerscrew Garage, GenVibe Facebook, How-To Index
Everything You Need To Know About the Pontiac Vibe
SeattleJeremy

Post by SeattleJeremy »

I haven't had any trouble this fall, but my coworker who lives in a different town is having awful luck. 5 of 7 packages delivered by USPS have been stolen after being delivered. The Amazon stuff delivered to his place where all received without incident.
*Sold* 06' Vibe Base - Mono Platinum - Manual
Turo'ing 15' BMW 328i Sport - Jet Black - Auto
Daily 19' Toyota Camry SE Hybrid - Galactic Aqua Mica - eCVT
tpollauf

Post by tpollauf »

I'll jump in here. Some of us here, and on other automotive forums, have oil analysis samples sent out to labs so we know how good/bad our engines are running. Well I sent a sample out to BlackStone labs in Fort Wayne Indiana just before Thanksgiving. The other day I was wondering why I haven't heard from them yet. Turns out that my sample sat around for over THREE weeks up in Detroit before it moved. As of last week it was still "in route". Maybe they got it today and I'll soon know the fate of one of my engines :o With where I live, I may have been better off putting it in a bottle and floating it down the Maumee river :lol: Would have needed the prevailing winds/current to totally reverse BUT that's how some deliveries worked hundreds of years ago :P
2009 Vibe GT (manual), 2009 G8Gt, 2009 Vibe GT (auto)
2014 Silverado, 2004 Vibe GT

"everything is modifiable"
ColonelPanic

Post by ColonelPanic »

I've never sent a sample in but I've heard about the Blackstone phenomenon for quite some time, well before the current situation. Seems like the USPS really takes their time delivering those samples.

Things have been hit-or-miss here. I don't send much mail aside from a car payment. The check used to make it to the bank and be out of my account sometimes in as little as 2 days. Past 2 months it has taken a full week. We have one outgoing package that's been sitting in NY for over 2 weeks. I have a couple ebay orders incoming, one has been sitting in CA since the 23rd. The other is coming from Michigan, shipped on the 28th and looks like it will be here tomorrow. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
03 Vibe base. Born 10/14/2002 06:07 AM
Auto, Moon & Tunes, power package. 143k
Neptune/dying clearcoat/primer grey. :lol:

'21 Elantra Limited - 2.0L/IVT
'15 Escape SE - 1.6L EcoBoost (hers)
Image Image
Mark

Post by Mark »

We've seen a slowdown of 1-2 days here since maybe March/April, but it didn't get worse over the holidays and in fact may have even improved slightly. I mail maybe half a dozen things a year now, and most of those are self addressed stamped envelopes. Almost all of the bills I get via mail I've already received some electronic notification on before the bill arrives, my water and garbage bills being the only exceptions I can really think of. Garbage pickup is $90 every 3 months, so doesn't matter if I get the bill or not. Water I can call and get the amount if the bill doesn't show up. Amazon seems to have cut way back on USPS deliveries lately, but my pharmacy is still shipping USPS and they all seem to arrive on time.
'08 Base Stealth, '05 Base Satellite
ColonelPanic

Post by ColonelPanic »

ColonelPanic wrote: Wed Dec 30, 2020 5:25 pm We have one outgoing package that's been sitting in NY for over 2 weeks. I have a couple ebay orders incoming, one has been sitting in CA since the 23rd.
The outgoing package made it to its destination in UT on Sat. My ebay order finally got here today. Yikes.
03 Vibe base. Born 10/14/2002 06:07 AM
Auto, Moon & Tunes, power package. 143k
Neptune/dying clearcoat/primer grey. :lol:

'21 Elantra Limited - 2.0L/IVT
'15 Escape SE - 1.6L EcoBoost (hers)
Image Image
tpollauf

Post by tpollauf »

ColonelPanic wrote: Mon Jan 11, 2021 3:20 pm The outgoing package made it to its destination in UT on Sat. My ebay order finally got here today. Yikes.
Yeah, I can relate. I JUST got my oil analysis report emailed to me this morning with the lab work being done yesterday. This means they probably got the sample late last week. That's roughly SEVEN weeks to travel some 120 miles :x Not good service, if you ask me :evil: :evil:
2009 Vibe GT (manual), 2009 G8Gt, 2009 Vibe GT (auto)
2014 Silverado, 2004 Vibe GT

"everything is modifiable"
SlammedNiss

Post by SlammedNiss »

Ordered some Priority shipping boxes on 12/20, supposedly shipped o 12/30. Tracking # shows it hasn't even been received by USPS yet. Ordered again. Guess I'll see which one shows up first.
2003 Matrix Xrs Automatic - SOLD :'(
2011 Rav4 Sport