Coronavirus

General discussions not related to the Vibe, Matrix, or any other vehicle. (follow posting rules)
ColonelPanic

Re: Coronavirus

Post by ColonelPanic »

I trust all those that are boycotting retail establishments that have denied them service for not wearing a mask are also standing up for the rights of others who were denied service by a business based on other factors...

Oh, sure. ;)
03 Vibe base. Born 10/14/2002 06:07 AM
Auto, Moon & Tunes, power package. 143k
Neptune/dying clearcoat/primer grey. :lol:

'21 Elantra Limited - 2.0L/IVT
'15 Escape SE - 1.6L EcoBoost (hers)
Image Image
joatmon

Post by joatmon »

Caretaker wrote: Mon May 04, 2020 3:40 pm I spent 1.5 hours reading Time magazine, getting my hearing checked, and an insulting 5 minute exam.
That's amazing! I didn't know they still printed Time magazine.

seriously though, been a week, how're you doing?
Caretaker

Post by Caretaker »

Thank you so much for asking. I drove my wife across town to her two eye surgeries, although me being on the road is the equivalent of a 90 year old with a cigar in his mouth and his dog in his lap. I also got on the bicycle this week, although keeping a straight line takes all my concentration. While dropping off my wife at the eye surgeon, I noticed a Minute Clinic sign that said free COVID antibody testing. I naturally went in, sat for 2+ hours (most of it outside to stay away from the sickies) and eventually had my blood drawn for lab analysis. No finger (removed) (45% error rate). I'm awaiting results, hoping it will show me antibody positive so I can at least attribute my dizziness to that event. I also had my first dizziness tests last week. I see my ENT again in a couple of days where I intend to make her push the accelerator down. I'm tired of waiting weeks on end to get past these "hi, nice to meet you" preliminary visits. Other than that, the dizziness is to the point where I'm pressing through it. I just got done laying down a keystone brick walkway which looks nice. It is 89 degrees and humid here today but it is nice to sweat off a few pounds and get some exercise. Cheers.
joatmon

Post by joatmon »

been almost a month since we got a 'rona update from you, how's it going?
Caretaker

Post by Caretaker »

Brain swab : negative
Blood draw: negative
I'm now waiting on my MRI brain scan results. The new software is amazing in that it has shortened the time you need to be in the "tube of death." I still took my magic pills to forget what planet I was on before being rolled in like a corpse at the morgue. I would say I'm inching better but barely. Bike riding has become a little less torturous and I'm about to go hit some tennis balls on the wall to see where my reflexes are, doing something I (once) excelled at.
joatmon

Post by joatmon »

well I always knew there was something wrong with you

just kidding. Hope they get it figured out and its something token to remedy
Vulcan

Post by Vulcan »

It was a hell of time for me, my Mom had to be in a nursing home rehabilitation in April, just the facility she was in was filling up a whole floor with Covid patients (nice going, NY. real smart.) Getting her out of there was no easy task when full pandemic mode was going on.

I could go on and on about the abuses, lies, and ineptitude I've witnessed, but that's all over now. Mom is safely home. She didn't get sick, knock on wood.

For me, it's a time to be grateful, and in the context of what we've been through, I don't really care that much about the other things going on right now.
2006 AWD, 207k
joatmon

Post by joatmon »

I'm glad Mom is safely back home, and I hope she is recovering from whatever had her in the rehab place. That must have been some serious high anxiety for both of you.

Impact to me from this covid has been not going out as much as I used to, eating way too much. And my fridge died so I had to buy a new one. So I have only had the most token of impact. So far, anyway. The rush to reopen everything tells me this virus will be around for a long time.
Mark

Post by Mark »

Yeah, the crewman in red never makes it back anyway, so no mask needed.

As I'm sitting here my neighbor across the road is having a party with maybe 30 - 40 people over. Not a mask anywhere, and teenagers giving 4-wheeler rides to little kids. Helmets and eye protection are for sissies, just like masks. And I'm watching a ~10-12 y/o help a 2 y/o shoot bottle rockets. Merica! F-yeah!
'08 Base Stealth, '05 Base Satellite
joatmon

Post by joatmon »

not original to me

"Since this virus hit, my skin has absorbed so much soap and disinfectant that when I pee it cleans the toilet"
SlammedNiss

Post by SlammedNiss »

Facebook video, but anybody can view it.

"World's Craziest Coronakarens"

https://www.facebook.com/watch/?v=3158075377572091
2003 Matrix Xrs Automatic - SOLD :'(
2011 Rav4 Sport
Vulcan05

Post by Vulcan05 »

I don't have a problem with people that refuse to wear a mask.
Come November, fewer votes for Cadet Bone Spurs.
2010 Vibe. Moon roof, Monsoon, 2.4 engine, 5 speed auto, cruise, dark gray.
SlammedNiss

Post by SlammedNiss »

Vulcan05 wrote: Tue Jul 21, 2020 7:57 am I don't have a problem with people that refuse to wear a mask.
Come November, fewer votes for Cadet Bone Spurs.
Tbh, I'm starting to feel the same.
2011 Rav4 Sport
Mark

Post by Mark »

SlammedNiss wrote: Tue Jul 21, 2020 2:10 am Facebook video, but anybody can view it.

That's batsh!t crazy stuff right there.
Vulcan05

Post by Vulcan05 »

SlammedNiss wrote: Tue Jul 21, 2020 2:10 am Facebook video, but anybody can view it.

Yesterday, Cadet Bone Spurs came out in favor of masks. NOW what do the crazies say?
SlammedNiss

Post by SlammedNiss »

Vulcan05 wrote: Wed Jul 22, 2020 7:28 amYesterday, Cadet Bone Spurs came out in favor of masks. NOW what do the crazies say?
By now it's instilled in their minds that it is their constitutional right to not wear a mask.
2011 Rav4 Sport
joatmon

Post by joatmon »

With rampant virus, and DeSantis, Florida has enough to deal with, yet here comes TS Isaias. Good luck Floridians
Caretaker

Post by Caretaker »

Hey, we're doing our part every day to "re-educate" the population here:

https://www.yahoo.com/news/man-fires-wa ... 54995.html
Vulcan

Post by Vulcan »

Work has restarted, at very limited numbers.

I am sure the China virus numbers have been greatly exaggerated and distorted for politics. I don't believe non-surgical masks, particularly as used - dirty, hanging off chins half the time, are much of a preventative. It's mostly a psychological thing. But I certainly don't give clerks and businesses a hard time over it, as I have observed on occasion. Just put the stupid thing on.
2006 AWD, 207k
joatmon

Post by joatmon »

Google maps app is now getting a layer that shows some covid data, the 7 day average of new cases per 100K people, and whether its increasing/decreasing or steady.

https://www.engadget.com/google-maps-no ... 43901.html

says my county is at 7.4/100K and increasing

I see the data on my phone's google maps app, but don't see it as an overlay option on the google maps website
joatmon

Post by joatmon »

Last week, I got the first of two doses of vaccine. The next day, I had various joint and muscle pains, a restlessness coupled with a complete lack of motivation, and the inability to remember anything significant I had accomplished recently. So, pretty much the same as every day for the last year
Caretaker

Post by Caretaker »

I'm getting the J+J one shot this coming week. I figured just a little bonus juice is required given that I already have the real thing swimming around in my blood.
Mark

Post by Mark »

I get my second Pfizer dose on Wednesday, and I want to find out if I can also get the J&J as a kind of "booster" in a month or two. Someone told me that that's being tested in Britain but I haven't been able to find anything. My wife got her second Pfizer shot a couple weeks ago, and her mother, who's living with us, got her second a week ago.
tpollauf

Post by tpollauf »

I too FINALLY got my first shot on Friday as part of the 60+ group here in Ohio. Pfizer was the brand. Went into work three hours later and had no issues whatsoever. Hopefully in three weeks when I get the second one, I'll have similar experiences.
2009 Vibe GT (manual), 2009 G8Gt, 2009 Vibe GT (auto)
2014 Silverado, 2004 Vibe GT

"everything is modifiable"
Caretaker

Post by Caretaker »

Just went and got my shot this morning at the greyhound dog track. FL has run out of the J&J vaccine so I got the first of two Pfizer shots. My wife said the J&J shot hurt (both the needle and the serum injection). I could not feel either with the Pfizer so I'm guessing the needle is a bit smaller and the fluid even less than the all at once shot. I should have stayed around and placed some bets on the "ponies."
cptnsolo77

Post by cptnsolo77 »

Got mine back in Dec, 2nd shot Jan 5th. Zero side effects with Phizer.
* 2003 Vibe Auto Satellite Silver w / Moons & Tunes
* Kenwood Excelon KDC-X597
* Polk DB651-Speakers
* Soundproofcow Roadblock R sound deadening in all doors
* Drop In K & N Filter
* NGK Iridium IX Plugs
* 27 MPG City/Highway with AC on
Vulcan05

Post by Vulcan05 »

Got my first shot 4 weeks ago. Getting my second shot tomorrow.
I wanted Pfizer, as they have smaller, better tracking chips. I got Moderna instead. Only problem is, I get a tingley feeling at the shot site every time an NSA satellite goes over. I have been told that will get better. Also, I don't need Google anymore. When I have a question, I just think about it and one of the voices in my head has an answer.
Thank you Bill Gates and Q.
Mark

Post by Mark »

Vulcan05 wrote: Tue Mar 23, 2021 7:19 am Got my first shot 4 weeks ago. Getting my second shot tomorrow.
I wanted Pfizer, as they have smaller, better tracking chips. I got Moderna instead. Only problem is, I get a tingley feeling at the shot site every time an NSA satellite goes over. I have been told that will get better. Also, I don't need Google anymore. When I have a question, I just think about it and one of the voices in my head has an answer.
Thank you Bill Gates and Q.
Ok, I have questions about this.

First off, the tingley feeling doesn't get better, you just get used to it. Do you know if the chip is always implanted with the first dose like in your case? Or does it sometimes come with the second? I got my first Pfizer a few weeks ago and haven't felt the satellite interference yet is why I'm wondering. Are the new voices polite? Or do they tend to talk over and interrupt the existing voices?
joatmon

Post by joatmon »

Mark wrote: Tue Mar 23, 2021 11:40 am I got my first Pfizer a few weeks ago and haven't felt the satellite interference yet is why I'm wondering.
You don't need to worry about it. The chip in your Perfectly Fine Injectable Zoological Electronic Research (PFIZER) vaccine is quite benign. Vulcan05 got the chip from the Minister of Defense, Electronics, Russian Neurologic Agency (MODERNA), which has satellite feedback issues. There's no chip in the Johnson and Johnson vaccine, however, the mutagen in it can cause males to grow a second genitalia
ColonelPanic

Post by ColonelPanic »

Indiana finally got to my age group this week so my Pfizer 5G implant gets installed on Thursday.

And while I am still a Linux zealot, my opinions of Bill Gates have evolved over the years and if it keeps me from making others ill from the Corolla Virus, I will accept his tracking of my whereabouts.

Image Image
Mark

Post by Mark »

joatmon wrote: Tue Mar 23, 2021 1:39 pm the mutagen in it can cause males to grow a second genitalia
I'm all in, where do I sign up?
Vulcan05

Post by Vulcan05 »

Mark wrote: Tue Mar 23, 2021 5:24 pm
joatmon wrote: Tue Mar 23, 2021 1:39 pm the mutagen in it can cause males to grow a second genitalia
I'm all in, where do I sign up?
Can you get an extension instead of an addition? Not that I need it, just asking for a friend.
joatmon

Post by joatmon »

i got my pfizer booster and flu shots yesterday, unfortunately, it didn't help my cell phone reception.
Mark

Post by Mark »

This Covid stuff started out as a respiratory disease, but then at some point along the line it mutated into a IQ test.

I got my booster and flu shots back in September. Still disappointed that I can't pick up my car keys just by walking past them.
ColonelPanic

Post by ColonelPanic »

I got my booster the day before Thanksgiving. I found it impressive how I developed a headache ahead of my appointment and it stuck with me for days. I suspect my body phoned home a few hours before the injection and received the instructions to trigger the headache. Pretty neat how this 5G stuff works.

Image Image
cptnsolo77

Post by cptnsolo77 »

Got my booster. No more buffering on Netflix :lol:
* 2003 Vibe Auto Satellite Silver w / Moons & Tunes
* Kenwood Excelon KDC-X597
* Polk DB651-Speakers
* Soundproofcow Roadblock R sound deadening in all doors
* Drop In K & N Filter
* NGK Iridium IX Plugs
* 27 MPG City/Highway with AC on
SlammedNiss

Post by SlammedNiss »

I didn't get my 2nd shot until early Sept., so I can't get a booster until around March. I can tell it's already starting to wear off, as I had to call SiriusXM today and have them send a refresh signal to my radio. Hope I don't have many more issues as I'm considering a drive to PHX to see my dad for Christmas.
2011 Rav4 Sport
Bookworm

Post by Bookworm »

I got my booster shot on Tuesday. Arm still hurts. Yesterday was a NASTY MF. Had something like a fever that had me overheating everything. It went away about 4 AM. (64 degrees in the house, and feeling overheated with one cat, one sheet, one blanket)

Caretaker - you probably had the flu, originally. Not SARS-Cov-2. Even with the flu shot, there are so many variants, you can still get it - more than once. I think I've managed to dodge it for two years, because of being careful, even with visiting up to 5 different sites a day. (IT consultant, including hitting stores to get parts)
joatmon

Post by joatmon »

I signed up to get the free at home tests from USPS at https://www.covidtests.gov/
Hope I never need them

Also, I've recently run into several places handing out free N95 masks. My library, Walmart, etc Glad the supply is adequate that they have enough to give away.
SlammedNiss

Post by SlammedNiss »

joatmon wrote: Wed Feb 02, 2022 6:29 am I signed up to get the free at home tests from USPS at https://www.covidtests.gov/
Hope I never need them

Also, I've recently run into several places handing out free N95 masks. My library, Walmart, etc Glad the supply is adequate that they have enough to give away.
I signed up for some and my parents as well the day the site went live. Neither of us have received them yet though.
2011 Rav4 Sport
Mark

Post by Mark »

I ordered 4 the first day the site was active and got them last Saturday, Jan 29. Wish all of gubmint was that efficient, except for the IRS.
Bookworm

Post by Bookworm »

I need to poke my wife to maybe take the kid out to get her booster tomorrow, mid-day. They've cancelled school due to the freezing temperatures tonight/tomorrow. There's going to be a lot of ice out there in the morning.

Never had a covid test at all.
joatmon

Post by joatmon »

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/hea ... 650634001/

sounds like its important that when the post office does deliver the at home test kits, you rescue them quickly and keep them from getting too cold. If you live in a place that gets cold in the winter.

Edit 02 March 2022 - got my at home test kits yesterday.
joatmon

Post by joatmon »

joatmon wrote: Wed Sep 23, 2020 5:30 pm Google maps app is now getting a layer that shows some covid data, the 7 day average of new cases per 100K people, and whether its increasing/decreasing or steady.
Hadn't checked this for a while, and did today. I thought my area was not doing well as I might have hoped, but looking around the world, seems like a bad time to go to the island of Martinique, at 263.7/100K
Mark

Post by Mark »

I get my second Pfizer booster in two weeks. Was going to get it last Friday but I have sinus surgery on the 5th and the Dr wanted me to wait.
tpollauf

Post by tpollauf »

kimsumneroz wrote: Fri Jul 29, 2022 3:28 am In our country
???

Sticking with the topic, our family FNALLY got the "rona" virus over this summer. I got it at the end of May, son got it last week, wife got it yesterday. All of us had shots & boosters. Nobody is immune to this thing and all the different variants that are out there.
2009 Vibe GT (manual), 2009 G8Gt, 2009 Vibe GT (auto)
2014 Silverado, 2004 Vibe GT

"everything is modifiable"
ColonelPanic

Post by ColonelPanic »

I swear I know more people that have it now or had it recently than I did during the height of the pandemic.
Mark

Post by Mark »

Same here, seems like every day now a coworker or acquaintance tells me they have or just had the 'rona. Got my second booster two weeks ago, hoping for another one this fall/winter.