Coronavirus

General discussions not related to the Vibe, Matrix, or any other vehicle. (follow posting rules)
joatmon

Coronavirus

Post by joatmon »

How are you all reacting to the threat of the latest outbreak, what's your level of freakout?

I tend to hit the grocery stores often, don't normally keep a lot of food in house. My house normally would be fairly safe from plundering after the zombie apocalypse, but lately I've been stocking up. Not so much out of fear of having to interact with potentially infected people, more so to be able to stay home if I do get get sick.

I can work from anywhere there's internet, so I don't have to worry about the workplace if things get touchy. I've got a trip coming up in two months, not sure if I want to fly, but it'd be a three day drive each way for me. Hard to weigh the risks at this point.

I have relatives who I think are over reacting, stockpiling things like water and batteries, as if they expect civilization to collapse. I've noticed stores tend to be out of things like hand sanitizer and chicken soup. If it does get bad, I expect people in general to behave very poorly.
andrewclaus

Re: Coronavirus

Post by andrewclaus »

I'm only concerned about panicking people, not the little bug.

I tend to stock a lot of non-perishables in the house anyway--beans, rice, flour, salt, enough for several months at least. I live near a perennial stream for water.
Bookworm

Post by Bookworm »

Realistically, unless you're already immune compromised (such as the elderly, or already have an illness, especially respiratory), you're going to end up fine. There's been a LONG thread about it on the fountain pen network forum. (several threads)

Wash your hands regularly, keep a reasonable distance from people, and stay healthy. Influenza is more of a risk; there are a lot more people dying from it every day than from Covid-19. (SARS-Cov-2, technically. The disease is COVID-19, the virus is SARS-Cov-2)

The biggest problem is people panicking that don't even know how to clean, let alone disinfect. My folks were looking at buying chlorine pucks to make the bleach they need to keep the septic system running, because people were buying it all up!

Doctor's offices and hospitals are already having troubles getting masks and alcohol wipes.

The masks are more for -sick- people to reduce the chances of them coughing or sneezing it on healthy people, or for doctors to keep from spreading things between patients.
tpollauf

Post by tpollauf »

Panic & fear, mostly unnecessary at this point, is throwing the economy a REAL test .... and so far we're FAILING :twisted: I just hope my annuity recovers between now & 2031 (that will be my mandatory withdrawal timeframe). I will be treating it like "bonus" $$$, so if something is still there then great! If not, I'll still survive just fine.
2009 Vibe GT (manual), 2009 G8Gt, 2009 Vibe GT (auto)
2014 Silverado, 2004 Vibe GT

"everything is modifiable"
Mark

Post by Mark »

Interesting chart. I think that based on the response so far from our government we'll be on the yellow curve within a few weeks. But hey, the best way to keep the number of reported infections low is to just not test anyone! It's working!

'08 Base Stealth, '05 Base Satellite
treesleavedents

Post by treesleavedents »

Yea as an american living in korea right now I'm shocked at how horribly the current administration is handling this compared to the korean government. The US isn't even scanning incoming people from korea or italy and the government is focusing on reducing the numbers reported rather than dealing with it... Y'all are pretty fucked to be honest and I'm worried about my dad who is at a high risk.

In korea, every airport and bus station in korea has thermal cameras scanning arrivals, they have drive through testing stations and masks are being rationed by only allowing people to buy them on certain days according to their birth year. They are distributed at post offices and pharmacies for government controlled prices to keep them affordable. Testing is free and easily available and treatment centers are well prepped as well as the emergency alert system being used to report where infected people have gone in each city.
2003 Vibe GT. PPE exhaust. Injen CAI. Mfactory LSD. Eibach springs. Corbeau GTS2 seats. Custom stereo, lighting, sound deadening, and upholstery. http://forums.genvibe.com/phpBB3/viewto ... 30&t=44330
zbyers

Post by zbyers »

Honestly, we live in a pretty rural area that not too many around here are freaking out about it. What many of them don't understand is we have several large businesses with executives who travel to some of these countries with bigger outbreaks. It could easily spread to here pretty quickly-- and our local are is NOT equipped to deal with it.

That said, it's also been insane how much it's affected business. We have product shipping over 5-6 weeks late because of the virus. Multiple that across every business in the US, and sales for Feb, March, and likely most of April, are going to be really bad.
'74 Thing, '79 El Camino, '83 VW DoKa '91 Vanagon, '03 Base, 04 GT
'06 CRV, '06 AWD, '07 Base, '12 Highlander Limited, '17 Frontier CCLB

Byerscrew Garage, GenVibe Facebook, How-To Index
Everything You Need To Know About the Pontiac Vibe
Mark

Post by Mark »

Wyoming is reporting zero confirmed cases at this time, but I think that's mostly because there's no testing taking place. Colorado went from it's first case on March 5 to 15 and counting today, so hard to believe we don't have any here yet.

Meanwhile Baghdad Bob, aka DC Donnie, says it's all just media hype. Nothing to worry about, it's all contained and is going to magically go away any day now.

And every store in town is sold out of toilet paper.
Bookworm

Post by Bookworm »

Mark wrote: Tue Mar 10, 2020 5:00 pm Wyoming is reporting zero confirmed cases at this time, but I think that's mostly because there's no testing taking place. Colorado went from it's first case on March 5 to 15 and counting today, so hard to believe we don't have any here yet.

Meanwhile Baghdad Bob, aka DC Donnie, says it's all just media hype. Nothing to worry about, it's all contained and is going to magically go away any day now.

And every store in town is sold out of toilet paper.
The quotes I heard from Trump was that it's no worse than the flu - which is pretty much correct. I'll admit that I haven't spent any time searching out what he's said, as most of the time it's pretty idiotic anyway.

And I STILL don't understand the runs on toilet paper and clorox wipes. I can make 20 gallons of disinfectant from a Lysol concentrate that's cheaper than one can of wipes.
Vulcan05

Post by Vulcan05 »

Interesting that the people in power who have been exposed are Republicans. Is that Higher Power they are always crowing about trying to tell us something?
2010 Vibe. Moon roof, Monsoon, 2.4 engine, 5 speed auto, cruise, dark gray.
SlammedNiss

Post by SlammedNiss »

Vulcan05 wrote: Wed Mar 11, 2020 11:03 am Interesting that the people in power who have been exposed are Republicans. Is that Higher Power they are always crowing about trying to tell us something?
I especially love how one of the repubs in self quarantine is Matt Gaetz who showed up to work last week wearing an authentic gas mark.
2003 Matrix Xrs Automatic - SOLD :'(
2011 Rav4 Sport
Mark

Post by Mark »

Bookworm wrote: Tue Mar 10, 2020 8:40 pm The quotes I heard from Trump was that it's no worse than the flu - which is pretty much correct.
Except that it's not even remotely correct. Dr Anthony Fauci today in congressional testimony:
“I mean, people always say, well, the flu does this, the flu does that,” Fauci said. “The flu has a mortality of 0.1 percent. This has a mortality rate of 10 times that. That’s the reason I want to emphasize we have to stay ahead of the game in preventing this."
And it's far more transmissible than the flu, adding new cases at a rate of 23% per day. Run the math on that out a few weeks. If the administration had put 1/10th as much effort into containment two weeks ago as they did trying to downplay it they may have maintained some control of the spread. Singapore and South Korea have kept it largely contained, Italy got behind and the number of cases exploded. We're way behind, and we're about to have our own bigger explosion.
zbyers

Post by zbyers »

I live in a pretty rural area of PA. So far, things are mostly calm. However, a few neighboring counties in PA,as well as in NY, have some people into precautionary quarantine. Most around here seem to be under-concerned-- they don't think they will get sick. What I keep trying to stress to others is that your AVERAGE person will be fine. It's themselves coming into contact with their parents, grandparents, etc. that is more of an issue. Alas, they seem not yet worried.

Bookworm

Post by Bookworm »

Mark wrote: Wed Mar 11, 2020 5:14 pm
Bookworm wrote: Tue Mar 10, 2020 8:40 pm The quotes I heard from Trump was that it's no worse than the flu - which is pretty much correct.
Except that it's not even remotely correct. Dr Anthony Fauci today in congressional testimony:
“I mean, people always say, well, the flu does this, the flu does that,” Fauci said. “The flu has a mortality of 0.1 percent. This has a mortality rate of 10 times that. That’s the reason I want to emphasize we have to stay ahead of the game in preventing this."
Where did the guy get THAT data? He certainly didn't get it from the CDC, or anyone else reputable.

There ARE no "good" statistics for mortality from Influenza. The thing is that most mortality from Influenza is caused by pneumonia, triggered by influenza. Thus, it's an influenza death.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5991814/

According to the _actual_ CDC, using their information for the 2017-2018 "flu season", P&I was at or above the epidemic threshold for 16 consecutive weeks, with the peak mortality being 10.0% for _four consecutive weeks_.
Pneumonia and Influenza-Associated Mortality

CDC tracks pneumonia and influenza (P&I)–attributed deaths through CDC’s National Center for Health Statistics (NCHS) Mortality Reporting System. The percentages of deaths attributed to P&I are released 2 weeks after the week of death to allow for collection of sufficient data to produce a stable P&I mortality percentage. During the 2017–18 season, based on data from NCHS, the proportion of deaths attributed to P&I was at or above the epidemic threshold**** for 16 consecutive weeks during the weeks ending December 23, 2017–April 7, 2018 (weeks 51–14). Nationally, mortality attributed to P&I exceeded 10.0% for 4 consecutive weeks, peaking at 10.8% during the week ending January 20, 2018 (week 3).

There is no way on God's green earth that they can claim 0.1% mortality rate, unless they completely throw out all of the actual P&I information, and go strictly with people that drop dead due to other immune system compromises. They're certainly using the P&I type data for SARS-Cov-2, (with the disease being COVID-19) as it causes a pneumonia, which is the killer.

So, the treatment for dealing with this is EXACTLY like the flu.

Wash your hands regularly, don't touch your face, sanitize public surfaces, keep a reasonable distance between you and other people, avoid people obviously sick, and if you're sick, stay away from people as much as possible!

I don't know what idiots are thinking this is special. It's _not_. It may have a higher mortality rate in the older section of the population (60 and up), but the disease spreads the same way as the common cold, as the flu, etc. Everything they've been saying on how to protect yourself and those around you is EXACTLY THE SAME AS THEY ALWAYS SAY FOR THE FLU!

Yes, I'm shouting. It's because people just can't seem to remember past their last meal. Long before this was going on, they were talking about washing your hands, don't touch your face, GET A FLU SHOT.

The only difference is that right now, we don't have an active vaccine. It's in the works. End of spring for clinical trials is the current estimate. As this is based on a vaccine developed from/for the original SARS, I expect the trials to be reasonably short, using a LOT of volunteers, to make sure there aren't any obvious side effects from the new formulation. (Even if there's a "side effect" like they claimed from the Swine Flu vaccine, that was 450 people out of 45 million vaccinated, and is better than the 10% P&I from the 2017/2018 flu season)
Mark

Post by Mark »

Sure. You're right. Why don't you call him and tell him how full of crap he is, and maybe they'll put you in charge.

What the hell does he know anyway?
https://www.niaid.nih.gov/about/anthony-s-fauci-md-bio
Bookworm

Post by Bookworm »

Mark wrote: Thu Mar 12, 2020 4:20 pm Sure. You're right. Why don't you call him and tell him how full of crap he is, and maybe they'll put you in charge.

What the hell does he know anyway?
https://www.niaid.nih.gov/about/anthony-s-fauci-md-bio
As I pointed out, from their actual _site_, their _own statistics_ say that he's a liar. I don't care what his bio says. When he works for the NIH, and states publicly a number that _directly contradicts_ the NIH's own web site - that's a liar.

Unless, as I _also_ pointed out, he completely ignored the P&I statistics, which is where the true death toll happens. Not from people who just drop dead from contracting influenza (which are likely the pre-existing condition people).

Someone with an agenda told him "Lie in such a way that you can deny it."

You want to believe a cold-blooded liar? Go ahead. Remember, he was from a government funded group, in front of the people that approve the funding for that group. No, his bosses couldn't possibly have an agenda.

I'd rather believe the information that they put out _before_ it became a political football (about influenza). If COVID-19/SARS-Cov-2 is shown to be about the same as influenza in end mortality, even if it's just over a flu season, then all of a sudden, LOTS of people have egg on their face.

Me? I think they should be focusing on the REAL issues. 1) We don't have the herd immunity. That is the likely reason for the obvious spread, in conjunction to people actually paying attention to it. After decades, the flu is just "there". 2) The lethality seems to be concentrated at the higher end of the age group (ignoring the pre-existing condition people)

Absolutely - push the sanitation end - it's just no different than they've always pushed for the flu. However, instead of worrying about every single person, perhaps we should try to determine how to insulate the highest risk group from this until a vaccine is tested? However, that doesn't fit the "If it bleeds, it leads" mentality of the mass media and others seeking control. Sometimes I think they'd rather have lots of old people (including my parents) die just so they could push more headlines.
Vulcan05

Post by Vulcan05 »

Trump doesn't believe any of it because he doesn't believe in SCIENCE. Being a "very stable genius" who's uncle was a doctor, he is an expert on anything and everything.
When the last hole at Mara Lago goes under water, will he believe in climate change? No. He will blame it on Obama (who actually WON both of his elections by 10 million votes and 5 million votes.)
2010 Vibe. Moon roof, Monsoon, 2.4 engine, 5 speed auto, cruise, dark gray.
joatmon

Post by joatmon »

There are getting to be a lot of important politicians reported as having it.

I don't know if I'll ever get beyond the youthful sense of immortality, but I need to interact with some folks who are in what's being reported as high risk for this virus, so I'm taking more precautions than I normally do during flu season.

I have been stockpiling adult beverages in case I end up being bunkered down when genvibe turns 18 the first of next month

Bookworm wrote: Thu Mar 12, 2020 7:05 pm
As I pointed out, from their actual _site_, their _own statistics_ say that he's a liar. I don't care what his bio says. When he works for the NIH, and states publicly a number that _directly contradicts_ the NIH's own web site - that's a liar.

Unless, as I _also_ pointed out, he completely ignored the P&I statistics, which is where the true death toll happens. Not from people who just drop dead from contracting influenza (which are likely the pre-existing condition people).
The forum software does allow underlining, either using the underlined capital U button between the subject and post body in the post entry page, or by typing the codes [u] and [/u] around what you want underlined
so from their [u] actual site [u] shows up as actual site
For extra emphasis you can use the bold tags as well, in combination, so [b][u] actual site [/u][/b] looks like actual site
even add in italics to make it looks like actual site
and if you really want to go crazy you can change the drop down box from Normal to Large or even
Huge
which comes in handy if you use it in conjunction with the drop icon to change the color, you can combine all of this into something totally
Awesome

but that's generally more trouble than its worth

and yes, I'm bored
zbyers

Post by zbyers »

Governor Wolf just announced that PA is to close all nonessential businesses for the next 2 weeks. This is going to have an interesting ramification (for better or worse). Frankly, I truly feel that simplest way to stop spreading COVID-19, is to keep as many people home as possible and self-contain there.

What's everyone else's state and/or employer doing to mitigate the impact?

Caretaker

Post by Caretaker »

well,what they are all doing is ensuring that small businesses go out of business, resulting in coming layoffs. Countries that continually teter on financial ruin (aka: Italy, Spain) will begin to trigger a worldwide recession as goods and services can't reach markets, and people who stocked up on acres of toilet paper forgo buying non necessities from markets abroad. I for one have been waiting 3 years for something like this to happen and am thrilled there is a great buying opportunity again in the stock market. I also loved getting personal attention at my favorite vietnamese restaurant last night which included a complementary yummy custard and fruit parfait as a thanks for being brave enough to venture out and support their business.
joatmon

Post by joatmon »

zbyers wrote: Mon Mar 16, 2020 10:39 am What's everyone else's state and/or employer doing to mitigate the impact?
here in Maryland, public schools are closed for at least two weeks. The small college near me is closed until mid April. My employer is doing mandatory telework.

My governor just announced closing things like casinos, gyms, theaters, and all bars and restaurants (except for carry out, drive thru and delivery). Also some other things like a prohibition on evictions and termination of utilities. Limiting gatherings to a max of 50 people.

They have provisions for continuing feeding kids who depend on getting food at school, which is another topic but sad that so many need it. They are also trying to figure out how to increase the hospital capacity, expecting it to be overwhelmed.

These are some strange times.

edit 3/17
Today, they announced that our primary election, previously scheduled for April 28, will be delayed until June 2 so they can implement a vote by mail alternative. Also, Vehicle emissions testing locations will be shut down and converted to virus testing sites. Motor vehicle administration (elsewhere called DMV) branches will close and expiring drivers license and vehicle registrations will not expire until 30 days after the emergency is lifted. No new drivers tests. Also, all tolls in the state are now cashless (EZ Pass or they'll bill your license plate)

edit 3/23
Now all "non-essential businesses" are ordered to close by 5 pm today

edit 3/31
yesterday, MD went under a mandatory stay at home order
Last edited by joatmon on Tue Mar 31, 2020 3:11 pm, edited 3 times in total.
KingKrab65

Post by KingKrab65 »

Larry Hogan rocks! What a great Governor he turned out to be in this crisis. I saw his interview the other night on the PBS News Hour. He did a good job on talking about his actions, what he was going to do, and wasn't afraid to say he did not have an answer. (What a concept)

We could do with a little more of our leadership taking a look at what he is doing.
2003 Base Vibe
SlammedNiss

Post by SlammedNiss »

The state of Kansas cancelled all K-12 classes for the rest of this school year. Amazon has cancelled all non-essential incoming shipments to their warehouse. How long before the post office starts cutting back non-essential mail deliveries?

2011 Rav4 Sport
vibrologist

Post by vibrologist »

One of the better places to get information on the Corona Virus:
https://youtu.be/AToF8O5T86s

I subscribed to this channel.

Stay healthy! Assume that everyone is sick, even yourself! - Get into safe habits while you have time!
Vibrologist
'05 Vibe

"It is important to know the difference between 'accurate' and 'precise' even if you are neither!"

viewtopic.php?f=30&t=43476
Bookworm

Post by Bookworm »

Here's an interesting article, from the Jerusalem Post.

Israeli Nobel Laureate: Coronavirus spread is slowing - The Jerusalem Post

https://www.jpost.com/HEALTH-SCIENCE/Is ... ing-621145

I will point out that no matter what the end result may be, this particular scientist does praise the preventative measures (quarantines, etc). He's just saying that there's a natural choke point.

If it's true, it would explain how both SARS and MERS petered out - and I hope they _finish the stupid vaccine!_. (Unlike the SARS, MERS, and Ebola vaccines, which were abandoned due to losing budget).
cptnsolo77

Post by cptnsolo77 »

.....As a side note I purchased a spare TYC starter on Amazon just in case this one craps out. The current one is a advance auto unit with lifetime warranty BUT I figured with one car and social distancing, my neighbors probably wont give me a ride, and I DONT wanna sit 4FT from someone I dont really know either....and im NOT going to Uber. I hate to waste money but this is a different time. I also have a spare alternator, because the old one was giving me a battery light, but it will get me to the parts store if need be. That reminds me....I should check the battery water level.
* 2003 Vibe Auto Satellite Silver w / Moons & Tunes
* Kenwood Excelon KDC-X597
* Polk DB651-Speakers
* Soundproofcow Roadblock R sound deadening in all doors
* Drop In K & N Filter
* NGK Iridium IX Plugs
* 27 MPG City/Highway with AC on
Caretaker

Post by Caretaker »

eat healthy and die anyway. I did all the social separation, have my masks, wash my hands very frequently, always cleaning the house per usual, and yet I"m down and out for the 6th day. If it wasn't for the dizziness, this would be just another flu for me (which I have not experienced in decades thanks to the annual flu shot). I'm making inches of progress each day but I can't help wondering............did I get this from:

1. too many trips to the grocery store to ensure we didn't run out of food?
2. picking it up from opening the freezer doors in the store or picking up an item off the shelf that was handled by someone with the virus?
3. the gas tank nozzle?
4. the joggers who were expelling large volumes of mist as they ran somewhere near where I rode my bike?
5. opening my outside garbage can lid after some dog walker used it to dump their doggy bag?
6. those cute manatees that kept insisting I push the tree's branch down so they could nibble on the leaves?
7. asteroids impacting the earth 48 million years ago?

I'm just hoping that my time in hell gives me a free pass going forward.
SlammedNiss

Post by SlammedNiss »

Caretaker wrote: Wed Apr 22, 2020 10:55 am eat healthy and die anyway. I did all the social separation, have my masks, wash my hands very frequently, always cleaning the house per usual, and yet I"m down and out for the 6th day. If it wasn't for the dizziness, this would be just another flu for me (which I have not experienced in decades thanks to the annual flu shot). I'm making inches of progress each day but I can't help wondering............did I get this from:

1. too many trips to the grocery store to ensure we didn't run out of food?
2. picking it up from opening the freezer doors in the store or picking up an item off the shelf that was handled by someone with the virus?
3. the gas tank nozzle?
4. the joggers who were expelling large volumes of mist as they ran somewhere near where I rode my bike?
5. opening my outside garbage can lid after some dog walker used it to dump their doggy bag?
6. those cute manatees that kept insisting I push the tree's branch down so they could nibble on the leaves?
7. asteroids impacting the earth 48 million years ago?

I'm just hoping that my time in hell gives me a free pass going forward.
Holy shite man. I guess I can finally say I "know" somebody that has contracted it. I hope it passes for ya sooner than later.
2011 Rav4 Sport
Caretaker

Post by Caretaker »

thank you. I can honestly say that crawling on the floor the first night was the low point of this event. I keep doing deep lung breathing to keep the lower lungs clear of fluid. :idea:
joatmon

Post by joatmon »

Damn

We're pulling for you
ColonelPanic

Post by ColonelPanic »

Wow, I'm very sorry to hear that - get well soon!
03 Vibe base. Born 10/14/2002 06:07 AM
Auto, Moon & Tunes, power package. 143k
Neptune/dying clearcoat/primer grey. :lol:

'21 Elantra Limited - 2.0L/IVT
'15 Escape SE - 1.6L EcoBoost (hers)
Image Image
zbyers

Post by zbyers »

damn. well that sucks caretaker. Hope you recover swiftly, and that your family remains unaffected!

Caretaker

Post by Caretaker »

thanks very much gents.
tpollauf

Post by tpollauf »

Caretaker wrote: Wed Apr 22, 2020 10:55 am eat healthy and die anyway.
Did the start of this post get cut off? Something is missing!

Caretaker

Post by Caretaker »

ah, my first day out of my bedroom in 7 days, getting 5 minutes of direct sun and to move my Vibe into a spot where it is no longer blocking the HET.
t: it was a lead-in adage, like no good deed ever goes unpunished.
Mark

Post by Mark »

Glad to hear you're improving, best wishes for a speedy and complete recovery.
Caretaker

Post by Caretaker »

thank you Mark :)
joatmon

Post by joatmon »

Caretaker wrote: Wed Apr 22, 2020 10:55 am eat healthy and die anyway.
How are you doing?
Caretaker

Post by Caretaker »

Thank you very much for asking. I'm still dizzy each day which is very disconcerting. I'm going to get COVID tested today for all that's worth 12 days out from my initial attack and given the results are far from foolproof. I tried to get the county to test my wife as well since she has to drive me there and has been taking care of me (from a distance and behind a mask) all this time. The county said they would not do it as she is not symptomatic and they have precious few tests. I also am seeing an ENT on Monday who can hopefully get me steady again. Thanks again for your thoughts Joatmon

Edit: just got back from my test. The swab "scraping my brain" hurt like hell. The only pre-instruction I got was "not to grab her arm." It would have been better to tell me that the swab will last 4 seconds and will be painful. I could have done a countdown knowing when the end would come instead of shouting out in pain as I couldn't be sure how long the scraping would go on.
joatmon

Post by joatmon »

Caretaker wrote: Thu Apr 30, 2020 8:19 am I tried to get the county to test my wife as well since she has to drive me there and has been taking care of me (from a distance and behind a mask) all this time.
She must love you. When you get over this, remember to commit a random act of romance
Caretaker wrote: Thu Apr 30, 2020 8:19 am The county said they would not do it as she is not symptomatic and they have precious few tests.
I hope she is able to stay clear. Surprised about them not giving her a test, the president* says we have tests for everyone
Caretaker wrote: Thu Apr 30, 2020 8:19 am Edit: just got back from my test. The swab "scraping my brain" hurt like hell. The only pre-instruction I got was "not to grab her arm." It would have been better to tell me that the swab will last 4 seconds and will be painful. I could have done a countdown knowing when the end would come instead of shouting out in pain as I couldn't be sure how long the scraping would go on.
well, trying hard to find a bright side to that, at least you're lungs are in good enough shape to be able to shout in pain ;)

hang in there
Caretaker

Post by Caretaker »

[/quote]
She must love you. When you get over this, remember to commit a random act of romance

he, he....we did......once. Now we have a budding meteorologist in the clan :lol:
Caretaker

Post by Caretaker »

county health department called early this morning and told me that my COVID test was negative. Good news other than that it could mean that I had it and cleared it after 2 weeks, never had it, or have it and the test was faulty. Fun times.
tpollauf

Post by tpollauf »

And there have also been a lot of "false" negative reports and with very few "false" positive ones. This is somewhat common depending on the testing methods and the person administering the test. Glad to hear you well onto a good recovery ! ;)

Caretaker

Post by Caretaker »

thanks very much t !
joatmon

Post by joatmon »

Caretaker wrote: Mon May 04, 2020 5:21 am ... my COVID test was negative...
as sick as you've been and for how long, I'd vote for a false negative. Maybe at some point you can get the antibody test

Hope you're still getting better. How's the Mrs.?
Caretaker

Post by Caretaker »

Mrs.drove me to the ENT today. My last two weeks have been like me drinking 2 bottles of wine per day. I look like the town drunk when trying to go for a walk around the yard. The ENT was a waste of time as she seemed to pat me on the head, give me a lollipop and send me on my way to a dizziness institute. So for my $30 copay, I spent 1.5 hours reading Time magazine, getting my hearing checked, and an insulting 5 minute exam. :x I may call the county health department to see if I can get some blood drawn for scientific research (antibody testing) as you suggested. I would like to know if I crawled on the floor like a slug the first night because of COVID or some other nefarious reason.
joatmon

Post by joatmon »

I heard that the flat-earthers are resistant to social distancing, they're worried if people spread out too much some might get pushed off the edge
zbyers

Post by zbyers »

joatmon wrote: Sun May 10, 2020 6:15 am I heard that the flat-earthers are resistant to social distancing, they're worried if people spread out too much some might get pushed off the edge
:lol: :lol:

Mark

Post by Mark »

Over the past couple weeks I've talked to more people than I can count who kinda didn't feel good for a day or two, or had a mild cough, back in late March or April and are now convinced that they had the 'rona and are now immune, so they don't even need a mask.

:roll:
zbyers

Post by zbyers »

This kid I know was kicked out of a local business for not wearing a mask. So now "They have lost my business forever. They need to stop infringing on my freedom and rights!!!!111!!!1!!!" Funny enough, I wouldn't be surprised if the person who kicked him out knew him, and knew he didn't have a medical condition preventing him from wearing a mask. He also isn't boycotting wearing underwear in public, and that's his own choice infringing his freedom. :lol: