Jessi Combs

General discussions not related to the Vibe, Matrix, or any other vehicle. (follow posting rules)
Caretaker

Jessi Combs

Post by Caretaker »

I was just reading about Jessi Combs dying yesterday. Awful. Been watching her for many years.
zbyers

Re: Jessi Combs

Post by zbyers »

Crazy. I didn't realize who she was at first, until I read up on her again. I never pay attention to names on TV shows. Big loss for the automotive world, especially as a female.
'74 Thing, '79 El Camino, '83 VW DoKa '91 Vanagon, '03 Base, 04 GT
'06 CRV, '06 AWD, '07 Base, '12 Highlander Limited, '17 Frontier CCLB

Byerscrew Garage, GenVibe Facebook, How-To Index
Everything You Need To Know About the Pontiac Vibe
tpollauf

Post by tpollauf »

Never heard of her BUT too young to go! Maybe they'll design a better cage to protect drivers in future runs? But then at 400 - 500 mph it probably doesn't matter what you try to design/build. The odds will always be against you :cry:
2009 Vibe GT (manual), 2009 G8Gt, 2009 Vibe GT (auto)
2014 Silverado, 2004 Vibe GT

"everything is modifiable"
Caretaker

Post by Caretaker »

Well, Jessi was the face, body and smile of many of the top rated shows on Velocity for the past 10 years. A very accomplished gear head who lit up the room wherever she went. A very big loss for the auto industry
Bookworm

Post by Bookworm »

Never heard of her, myself, but all I can say is that when you do ultra experimental test work on the far edge of sanity like that, the odds WILL catch up eventually. Especially on that kind of surface. (natural)

Look at how many times Evil Knevil was in the hospital - and he wasn't moving at over 400mph.