not really sure what to call it.

General discussions not related to the Vibe, Matrix, or any other vehicle. (follow posting rules)
NoRemorse249

not really sure what to call it.

Post by NoRemorse249 »

ok ive got a 05 base with 1zzfe. there is a soft rubber hose going from the intake tubing to the top of the motor under the engine cover. what kind of rubber is it and where could i find some to replace it with so i can reach the adapter on my cai. i had to use a hard fuel line thats half the diameter to reach it cuz oriellys and autozone are retards and dont have a clue what im talkin about all they got is the hard stuff with threads in it. i need the soft rubbery foamish type stuff so i can bend it n get it where it needs to be without sacrificing the diameter of the tube.
Attachments
and what is it called?
and what is it called?
2005vibe-sri-modified.jpg (52.18 KiB) Viewed 3418 times
05 vibe base, 1.8L DOHC
Salsa Guy

Re: not really sure what to call it.

Post by Salsa Guy »

It's call a breather tube. No you'll need to make something up because it's 2 different sizes one on the valve cover side and one on the intake side. I hope you plugged the hole on the SRI side. I just bought a $10 breather filter and called it a day. So you have a port to connect it to on the SRI?
05 Matrix XR 4WD and 03 Vibe GT
"If you want Government to solve your problems, then you are the problem!" BMSR
Trix MODS: SRI w/ AEM filter, Vibrant/Magnaflow Cat-back, Alutec Lightweight Crank Pulley
GT MODS: Cosmo SRI, DRL, Auto Stop
lannvouivre

Post by lannvouivre »

I made one with a heater hose of the same diameter. I still need to pull it off and check the inside for signs of rot, because I'm not sure if the rubber can chemically handle the oil.

I tried the breather filter trick with a plug in the SAI's port, and it ran lean. I'm not sure if the plug for the port was leaking or if the engine is actually tuned to factor in the blowby gases being introduced after the MAF sensor or something. Kinda seems like something Toyota might do. You may have better luck than me with a breather filter.
"If you don't love me at my diddliest, you don't deserve me at my doodliest." - User ktluvscricket of reddit
Doug14

Post by Doug14 »

My intake came with one, it was a bit long so I trimmed it
NoRemorse249

Post by NoRemorse249 »

i just used thread infused rubber fuel line it works great. i didnt need to plug my cai cuz i ran it to it and it worked fine. so glad it did to. took a lil work to get it on there cuz the thread inside the rubber makes it hold its size very well. so its hard to stretch around it. but i got it.
05 vibe base, 1.8L DOHC
Doug14

Post by Doug14 »

Glad you solved your problem!