Remember Remember...

General discussions not related to the Vibe, Matrix, or any other vehicle. (follow posting rules)
VforVIBE

Remember Remember...

Post by VforVIBE »

Remember remember the fifth of NovemberGunpowder, treason and plot.I see no reason why gunpowder, treasonShould ever be forgot... ...A building is a symbol, as is the act of destroying it. Symbols are given power by people. A symbol, in and of itself is powerless, but with enough people behind it, blowing up a building can change the world. People should not be afraid of their governments. Governments should be afraid of their people.
“I live my life free of compromise, and step into the shadows without complaint or regret.”
Viva la Pontiac! 2009 Jet Black GT
KNINE

Re: Remember Remember... (VforVIBE)

Post by KNINE »

People should not be afraid of their governments. Governments should be afraid of their people.
"Don't look to the government to solve your problems, the government is the problem." Ronald Reagan"They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety." Ben Franklin.
Persephone

Post by Persephone »

Wonderful!!!
My lovely Gambit.
KNINE

Re: (Persephone)

Post by KNINE »

That's our Kelly
"Don't look to the government to solve your problems, the government is the problem." Ronald Reagan"They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety." Ben Franklin.
Old Tele man

Post by Old Tele man »

...as Mark Twain quipped: "...be THANKFUL we don't get ALL the government we're paying for..."
...and the Devil said: "...yes, but it's a DRY heat!"
• 2014 Prius 1.8L eCVT
• 2009 Vibe 1.8L 4A
• 2004 Vibe 1.8L 4A
09vGT

Post by 09vGT »

What is this about? Its all over people's statuses and I'm extremely confused.
journeyforce

Re: (09vGT)

Post by journeyforce »

November 5th is Guy Fawkes night/Bonfire night. It is celebrated in the UK and some Commonwealth countries.In 1605 Guy Fawkes and several others attempted to blow up the English Parliament when King James I was addressing it. It was called the Gunpowder Plot and its foiling has been celebrated ever since.Now Guy Fawkes masks are popular thanks to the V for Vendetta movie and comics and the thought that Guy Fawkes stood for a struggle against oppression. It has also been said that Guy Fawkes was the only person to ever enter Parliament with honest intentions
09vGT

Re: (journeyforce)

Post by 09vGT »

Quote, originally posted by journeyforce »November 5th is Guy Fawkes night/Bonfire night. It is celebrated in the UK and some Commonwealth countries.In 1605 Guy Fawkes and several others attempted to blow up the English Parliament when King James I was addressing it. It was called the Gunpowder Plot and its foiling has been celebrated ever since.Now Guy Fawkes masks are popular thanks to the V for Vendetta movie and comics and the thought that Guy Fawkes stood for a struggle against oppression. It has also been said that Guy Fawkes was the only person to ever enter Parliament with honest intentions Thank you for clarifying!
LarryKingsShoes

Re: (Persephone)

Post by LarryKingsShoes »

Greetings from a fellow Iowan, Persephone. I haven't been following this Occupy stuff closely enough to know if this thread is a reference to those events, or if it's just a reference to this Guy Fawkes person. I just wanted to pop in because I haven't seen many Iowa residents on GenVibe.
Kenwood KIV-700 - Image Dynamics CTX65CS (Front) - Polk Audio db651s (Rear) - Alphasonik PMA640HCA - Kicker ZX750.1 - RE Audio SE Series 12" Subwoofer
Persephone

Re: (LarryKingsShoes)

Post by Persephone »

Heeey!! XD Most Iowans aren't very into doing anything with their cars but driving them. I can't ask anyone about a good body shop or about mods or anything. . . It's depressing. That's why I'm here! And most of them are not. lol
My lovely Gambit.
Bastranz

Re: (journeyforce)

Post by Bastranz »

Quote, originally posted by journeyforce »November 5th is Guy Fawkes night/Bonfire night. It is celebrated in the UK and some Commonwealth countries.In 1605 Guy Fawkes and several others attempted to blow up the English Parliament when King James I was addressing it. It was called the Gunpowder Plot and its foiling has been celebrated ever since.Now Guy Fawkes masks are popular thanks to the V for Vendetta movie and comics and the thought that Guy Fawkes stood for a struggle against oppression. It has also been said that Guy Fawkes was the only person to ever enter Parliament with honest intentions Wow, thanks for the information! I certainly learned something new today! I guess that's also a reason why yesterday was "withdraw money from the big banks and put it into a local bank or credit union" day.I certainly enjoyed V for Vendetta...even purchased the movie.
Owner of the first official "Brando-mobile", the "Silver Streak". 2003 Base Vibe, FWD.
Moved into the next generation, what's new is "Azúl" 2010 2.4 Vibe, AWD
lovemyraffe

Post by lovemyraffe »

Spectacular movie.
March 2011 MOTMFebruary 2010 MOTM My GenVibe garage
beemerphile1

Post by beemerphile1 »

Did Guy Fawkes drive a Vibe to Parliament? Am I on the wrong forum?
NE Ohio - home to the most successful Pontiac drag racing team in history - Bill Knafel's "Tin Indian" and also home to Summit Auto Racing.
2009 Vibe base 1.8L auto towing 2009 Aliner Sport hardsided pop-up
KNINE

Re: (beemerphile1)

Post by KNINE »

It was a black GT with moon and tunes.
VforVIBE

Re: (K-NINE)

Post by VforVIBE »

“I live my life free of compromise, and step into the shadows without complaint or regret.”
Persephone

Post by Persephone »

That's a lovely signature, VforVIBE. Also I love the quote IN your signature. I use it all the time.
My lovely Gambit.
KNINE

Re: (VforVIBE)

Post by KNINE »

Quote, originally posted by VforVIBE »My mistake. A red GT
VforVIBE

Re: (K-NINE)

Post by VforVIBE »

Quote, originally posted by K-NINE »My mistake. A red GT Made that before I got my '09.
joatmon

Re: Remember Remember...

Post by joatmon »

VforVIBE wrote:Remember remember
I did I did
VforVIBE

Post by VforVIBE »

joatmon wrote:
VforVIBE wrote:Remember remember
I did I did
Beat me to it.
tpollauf

Post by tpollauf »

Just read this post for the first time. And to think people assume automotive forums are strictly for car talk. You guys just educated me on something I never knew existed. Then again, any type of History I either FAILED or did extremely poor at back in my scholar days. :lol: Simply amazing :D Just another reason why I love GenVibe so much ;)
2009 Vibe GT (manual), 2009 G8Gt, 2009 Vibe GT (auto)
2014 Silverado, 2004 Vibe GT

"everything is modifiable"
VforVIBE

Post by VforVIBE »

Just as a reminder.... It's the 5th of November!
SeattleJeremy

Post by SeattleJeremy »

VforVIBE wrote:Just as a reminder.... It's the 5th of November!
Thank you for reminding me to remember :)
*Sold* 06' Vibe Base - Mono Platinum - Manual
Turo'ing 15' BMW 328i Sport - Jet Black - Auto
Daily 19' Toyota Camry SE Hybrid - Galactic Aqua Mica - eCVT
joatmon

Post by joatmon »

I remembered
joatmon

Post by joatmon »

Edit Jan 2021

The whole Guy Fawkes thing doesn't have the same meaning it used to.