Careers

General discussions not related to the Vibe, Matrix, or any other vehicle. (follow posting rules)
Bedlam

Post by Bedlam »

IT/Production support for an Aerospace manufacturing facility during the day. Blue print take-offs a few nights a week and i still run my IT consulting company some nights and on the weekends for hobby/play money.Sometimes my wife and I even get to schedule time to see each other!
07 1ZZ 5spd Stealth - Sold
03 1ZZ 6spd Shadow w/NAV - For Sale
06 AWD Stealth - Current
07 Magnum SRT-8 - Current
blindman10

Re: (Bedlam)

Post by blindman10 »

I guess I will chime in...I am a 911 operator for a local police department. Not nearly as interesting as some other jobs on here...but its mine!
NascarXprt

Re: (blindman10)

Post by NascarXprt »

finishing my Graphic Design (Print/Digital Design) degree at a community college to be a graphic designer for some place that would need one.
My '04 Garage - My '06 Garage - My '09 GT Garage
November 2006 MOTM / February 2007 VOTM / April 2010 VOTM / June 2011 VOTM
PlatinumVibe08

Re: Careers (CAMOGIRL)

Post by PlatinumVibe08 »

Quote, originally posted by CAMOGIRL »I'm just starting nursing school with the LPN program this year (11-12) and then the RN the next year. Interestingly, I was originally an education major, but decided that I need more flexibility and the ability to go do something completely different (but within scope) whenever I like. How far are you into your program?Nursing is a great field for intelligent people with exemplary people skills and an affinity for teaching. I started the LPN program last August and will finish up this July upon which time I'll begin the ADN (RN) program this August and will finish up in May, 2012. After passing the LPN NCLEX this fall, I'll work as an LPN at my hospital in what's called the LPN to RN Bridge Program. That involves working a couple shifts each week alongside a RN while attending RN school. I'm excited at the possibilities that are presenting themselves in my second career!
2006 Lexus SC430 White Gold Crystal
2010 Lexus RX350 Matador Red Mica
2013 Lexus CT200h Starfire Pearl
PlatinumVibe08

Re: Careers (ou.grizzly)

Post by PlatinumVibe08 »

Quote, originally posted by ou.grizzly »SR is great, but the fun stuff comes into play when you have to put that ACLS into practice I really enjoy interpreting the EKG strips at my telemetry job. I learn something new every day.Looks like someone's going to get themselves a pacemaker.

Attached files
2006 Lexus SC430 White Gold Crystal
2010 Lexus RX350 Matador Red Mica
2013 Lexus CT200h Starfire Pearl
psiu

Post by psiu »

My wife is working on her nursing degree, baby has put a pause into it, but hopefully she will finish it next year (RN program).I'm off to the tank (yes the "boom boom" kind as she just asked me) plant on Monday.
keithvibe

Re:

Post by keithvibe »

Head Pressman and the shop's go to guy to get the work done!Also president and installer of a small company called Ultimate Retrofit.
2010 Vibe & member of the yeargarage Email me if you need to talk to me, click my siggy and send the email threw the contact page.
ParknVibe

Re: Careers (MotoAce51)

Post by ParknVibe »

I am an Architect. (self-employed)
joshuaeb09

Re: Careers (Ivibe)

Post by joshuaeb09 »

I am a part time student at one of the Alamo Community Colleges (for Advanced Cisco Networking Technologies) as well as a full time It Professional. I hold a couple of certs 3 of them being pretty much worthless : Comptia A+, Net +, Sec +, and Cisco CCNA FTW .Currently I work for Rackspace Hosting as a Network Security Engineer . My last job was as a Project Manager type position in a Microsoft Datacenter .
2009 Silver Vibe GT AutomaticI/H/E/Unichip @ 93octaneMy Garage : http://forums.genvibe.com/zerothread?id=43521" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; - Gone (Sold)
2005 Expedition Limited 2WD|4R75W 4SPD Auto|3.73 Gears|I/E|5Star Tuned@ 91|3" Lift/Level - Current Ride
Blanco_Diablo

Re: Careers

Post by Blanco_Diablo »

Graphic designer for the past decade. Most of my projects are fairly high profile and created 12-18 months prior to the designs actually hitting the market or being introduced via press release. This makes it nearly impossible to share what I am working on. I usually just throw out vague hints to family and friends It is not a government job, but feels that way with all of the non-disclosure agreements involved.
IMakeVibes

Post by IMakeVibes »

Thanks to Pontiac and NUMMI going away, I am an out-of-work bum!!! But its also allowed me the opportunity to go back to school full time. Working on AAs in Business Supervision and Management and Business Administration. Didn't really plan on shooting for two, the first one is what I want(ed) to do, the second one will stretch my time on unemployment out as long as possible since the federal government is paying for my school costs and extending unemployment for the duration I am in school - so basically getting paid to go to school. Doesn't pay much, about a third of what I was making at NUMMI and just barely enough to make the mortgage payments, but its working out and I can't complain!
IMakeVibes

Post by IMakeVibes »

Thanks to Pontiac and NUMMI going away, I am an out-of-work bum!!! But its also allowed me the opportunity to go back to school full time. Working on AAs in Business Supervision and Management and Business Administration. Didn't really plan on shooting for two, the first one is what I want(ed) to do, the second one will stretch my time on unemployment out as long as possible since the federal government is paying for my school costs and extending unemployment for the duration I am in school - so basically getting paid to go to school. Doesn't pay much, about a third of what I was making at NUMMI and just barely enough to make the mortgage payments, but its working out and I can't complain!
kostby

Post by kostby »

Thanks for the update IMakeVibes! Glad that things are somewhat working out for you. (Going Off Topic for a moment: Still really appreciating my May 2002 NUMMI Vibe, and sad that I won't ever be able to purchase a brand new one in the future.)I'm still unofficially retired until appealing gainful employment comes along!

My 2003 Vibe Base Auto 2-tone Salsa "SalsaWagon" was built in May 2002. I acquired it in Feb 2004/Traded it in on a 2016 Honda HR-V in Feb 2018.
psiu

Post by psiu »

Glad to hear you're at least getting by, IMakeVibes. Telecom being part of electrical construction here in MI hasn't been a booming business the last couple years obviously, I've been able to experience unemployment myself. Luckily, I've behaved, and we paid off all our debts over the stretches of unemployment.Hopefully there is some work coming for you too kostby!