Twilight

General discussions not related to the Vibe, Matrix, or any other vehicle. (follow posting rules)
BlueCrush

Twilight

Post by BlueCrush »

Anyone else seeing this chick-flick movie? The wife finished reading the book to me last night...mainly chick-lit (chick-literature), but I'm cool with that since there sill be some cool action scenes similar to CTHD (fliyin thru the air fighting type stuff). The local paper only gave it 2-1/2 out of 5 stars, but when they rate movies low, I usually like them...lol.
My Fleet:
'15 Ford Fusion AWD Titanium 2.0 Tutbo
'14 Lincoln MXZ AWD 2.0 Turbo
'14 Nissan Pathfinder AWD SL
'05 Pontiac Vibe AWD
NibCrom

Re: Twilight (BlueCrush)

Post by NibCrom »

No thanks. I'm seeing Bond with friends (but I can't say I have high hopes for that either).
bull77

Re: Twilight (BlueCrush)

Post by bull77 »

so far i haven't heard good things about it --- but this song from the movie isn't that bad....http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RvnkAtWcKYg
GoodVibErations2004

Post by GoodVibErations2004 »

i will definitely be seeing it. that girl(dont remember her name) is friggin hot. lol and the wife wants to double date with her sister(who read all the books and loved them) so alas i must go
GoodVibErations2004 2004 Neptune AWD ^^^^^^^^^^^My Genvibe Garage^^^^^^^^^^^
BlueCrush

Re: (GoodVibErations2004)

Post by BlueCrush »

Quote, originally posted by GoodVibErations2004 »i will definitely be seeing it. that girl(dont remember her name) is friggin hot. lol and the wife wants to double date with her sister(who read all the books and loved them) so alas i must goKristin Stewart? i think.... My wife read all 4 books in 2 weeks lol...she was addicted to them and couldn't put them down...nice to have her back...lol.
My Fleet:
'05 Pontiac Vibe AWD
Whelan

Re: (BlueCrush)

Post by Whelan »

If I see or hear one more girl talk about how much they are in love with this guy I'm gonna flip. Never seen so many chicks fall so hard on something since the Beetles.
2012 GLI Autobahn 6MT
ou.grizzly

Post by ou.grizzly »

Not to cause trouble, but I am more curious why the wife read it TO YOU?
2009 Jet Black 2.4L Auto / Fogs / 17" Alum / Clear Bra / Camry Leather Shift Knob / GT Rear Spoiler
2013 Polished Metallic Honda CR-V EX-L Navi
BlueCrush

Re: (ou.grizzly)

Post by BlueCrush »

Quote, originally posted by ou.grizzly »Not to cause trouble, but I am more curious why the wife read it TO YOU? Why would it cause trouble? We have read tons of books to each other we both love it...most people that hear about us doing it say it's romantic..I'd have to agree with them. We read the entire Harry Potter series to each other and I wouldn't have wanted to have it any other way. For Twilight, she had already read it once and wanted to read it to me so.
My Fleet:
'05 Pontiac Vibe AWD
ou.grizzly

Post by ou.grizzly »

Quote, originally posted by BlueCrush »Why would it cause trouble? We have read tons of books to each other we both love it...most people that hear about us doing it say it's romantic..I'd have to agree with them. We read the entire Harry Potter series to each other and I wouldn't have wanted to have it any other way. For Twilight, she had already read it once and wanted to read it to me so. That makes a lot more sense. Here I was picturing you in bed with milk and cooking wearing some cartoon pajamas eagerly awaiting your bed time story. Been a long week, sorry.
2009 Jet Black 2.4L Auto / Fogs / 17" Alum / Clear Bra / Camry Leather Shift Knob / GT Rear Spoiler
2013 Polished Metallic Honda CR-V EX-L Navi
808 Vibes

Post by 808 Vibes »

Never heard of it, and "chick flick"?....HECK NO. But AWWWWW...I think it's sweet that you get stories read to you.
~ ALIS VOLAT PROPRIIS ~
northvibe

Post by northvibe »

I have issues with this movie/book. vampires walk around during the dayvampire doesnt drink bloodthats just from what ive heard of a friend that read the book and me seeing the commercial... I like vampire stuff but that makes me not want to see it.
ColonelPanic

Post by ColonelPanic »

We drove by the movie theater and holy crap, I've never seen the parking lot so packed. it was nuts! I wondered for a second what the deal was and then it hit me... "oh, twilight..."
03 Vibe base. Born 10/14/2002 06:07 AM
Auto, Moon & Tunes, power package. 143k
Neptune/dying clearcoat/primer grey. :lol:

'21 Elantra Limited - 2.0L/IVT
'15 Escape SE - 1.6L EcoBoost (hers)
Image Image
Tonyk27

Post by Tonyk27 »

I'm with northvibe on this one. I'm just going to wait for Underworld: Rise of the Lycans. I loved the first two and this one got Rhona Mitra in it so its going to be good.
zionzr2

Post by zionzr2 »

My wife read me the Harry Potter books.
northvibe

Re: (Tonyk27)

Post by northvibe »

Quote, originally posted by Tonyk27 »I'm with northvibe on this one. I'm just going to wait for Underworld: Rise of the Lycans. I loved the first two and this one got Rhona Mitra in it so its going to be good.underworld ftw!!! sweet series...mmm hot vampire.I got harry potter on audiobooks :D just starting book 7
Kevzaz

Post by Kevzaz »

I saw Twilight last night. It was very very good (maybe it had to do with the girl I was with ) but I didn't expect anything like that. I recommend it, I didn't read the book, and she read all the books. And we both really enjoyed it.
BlueCrush

Re: (Kevzaz)

Post by BlueCrush »

It was OK. It would be better if I had not read the book. They skipped a ton of pertinent character development info. Every time I saw Jasper, I laughed....he must have watched too much Edward Scissorhands when stuying for this role....lol. I give it 2.75 out of 5 stars.
My Fleet:
'05 Pontiac Vibe AWD
GoodVibErations2004

Post by GoodVibErations2004 »

i thought it was alriht, and krisin stewart is friggin GORGEOUS. lol but seriously, there were 4 dudes in there INCLUDING me...... and every time "edward" came on screen you could HEAR the friggin eggs dropping. it was ridiculous. movie was alright though
GoodVibErations2004 2004 Neptune AWD ^^^^^^^^^^^My Genvibe Garage^^^^^^^^^^^
ajflan

Post by ajflan »

The girlfriend dragged me to this one. It wasn't awful, but it wasn't terrific either. She read the book and she agreed that it wasn't the best.
February 08' VOTM Check out my Band! http://www.facebook.com/pages/...67945
GenuineVibe

Post by GenuineVibe »

I saw it last night... it was ok. I dont know what all the fret was about though, the main guy creeped the heck out of me, all of their pale painted faces did. They could have gone way more in depth with the love story, they semed to just scim the surface. The vampires couldn't come out in the sunlight which is why they lived in such a rainy city and they only drank animals blood or something like that. Anyways, it was alright.