Knight Rider starts tonight

General discussions not related to the Vibe, Matrix, or any other vehicle. (follow posting rules)
Whelan

Knight Rider starts tonight

Post by Whelan »

If your a hater of the new series, then oh well, your loss. But for me, I'm stoked to be sitting in front of my TV at 8pm tonight glued!I loved the pilot movie, and can't wait. They have two seasons taped right now, WHOOP! Don't care what the nay-sayers got, that car is BAD***!!!!
2012 GLI Autobahn 6MT
northvibe

Post by northvibe »

I like the car in that form, but with it transforming...im passing on this again.
Mavrik

Re: (northvibe)

Post by Mavrik »

If the acting was anything like the premier, I'm passing on it.
2007 stage 2 Satin White Pearl Subaru STi 2008 stage 2 Subaru STi hatch See my car at: Mavrik's car page
BlueCrush

Re: Knight Rider starts tonight (Whelan)

Post by BlueCrush »

I'm a Hater! My loss....FTW!
My Fleet:
'15 Ford Fusion AWD Titanium 2.0 Tutbo
'14 Lincoln MXZ AWD 2.0 Turbo
'14 Nissan Pathfinder AWD SL
'05 Pontiac Vibe AWD
SeattleJeremy

Post by SeattleJeremy »

I want this to be a good series. I really, really, do, but I fear the acting will kill it. Hopefully I'll get to watch it tonight. Oh, and there is no denying that the car is bad ***.
*Sold* 06' Vibe Base - Mono Platinum - Manual
Turo'ing 15' BMW 328i Sport - Jet Black - Auto
Daily 19' Toyota Camry SE Hybrid - Galactic Aqua Mica - eCVT
Whelan

Re: (Jeremy96gase)

Post by Whelan »

Who needs good acting when the car is so cool!And Attack Mode is pretty awesome, they actually cleaned it up a bit from the movie btw.
2012 GLI Autobahn 6MT
zionzr2

Post by zionzr2 »

I've been watching the orginal on TV. Airing localy the CBS sub channel as RTN (Retro Telvesion Network)
Whelan

Re: (zionzr2)

Post by Whelan »

and you all wish you had a car that could average 191mph and get 193mpg!!!! In a car like that, the world would never be the same
2012 GLI Autobahn 6MT
808 Vibes

Re: Knight Rider starts tonight (BlueCrush)

Post by 808 Vibes »

Quote, originally posted by BlueCrush »I'm a Hater! My loss....FTW!+1
~ ALIS VOLAT PROPRIIS ~
ClunkClunk

Post by ClunkClunk »

Quote, originally posted by Whelan »They have two seasons taped right now, WHOOP! Don't care what the nay-sayers got, that car is BAD***!!!!From what I heard from an interview with Justin Bruening (the main star) on the radio last week, they're filming episode 9 right now.It's extremely rare for a show to film even one episode from a following season, as the expense is usually high and contracts are on a seasonal basis. Only shows that are extremely well established ever get that, and that's usually because they film a season ending cliffhanger, and the first episode resolution of the next season to save on production costs or keep continuity.As for Knight Rider, since it's a brand new show, they're only taping one season. If it gets renewed, they'll probably start production on the next season early next year.
2008 Frosty two tone (and 3 other Vibes)
northvibe

Post by northvibe »

ouchhttp://featuresblogs.chicagotr....html
Vibe_dude

Post by Vibe_dude »

Iam sorry but Iam half way through the first show and it is so bad......the acting is brutal, the car turning into a truck???the story is all over the place.The only good thing was the girl stripping in the car.lol.Guess I wont have to worry about watching this show.
LOVE THAT VIBE 2003 Satilite Silver auto.......188,000kms.2006 Chevrolet Trailblazer White 4.2 Inline 6 291hp auto.........156,000kms.
redlava

Re: (Vibe_dude)

Post by redlava »

I have it Tivo'd so I haven't watched it yet, but it sounds to me like it never got any better than the movie. Same crappy actors and already the new improved KITT complete with attack mode and turbo boost. I thought they would have reserved that for when ratings fell like in the original. Should be good for a laugh though....
Whelan

Re: (redlava)

Post by Whelan »

I'm still a fan, love the cars. The plot is going to get better, something happened to his past that people don't want him to know about. I wanna know what that FBI guys deal is, and I wanna see what else KITT is capable of. Turning into a truck is awesome IMO. I"m just glad to see a show that is not about hospitals, doctors, reality TV specials, lame game shows, etc. And FYI that article is from the Chicago Tribune, probably cause Obama didn't like it they wrote an article based on his opinion.
2012 GLI Autobahn 6MT
Kamikaze

Post by Kamikaze »

I missed it.. but hope to see it at some point...
August 2009 VOTM Click HERE for my Garage
Herb

Post by Herb »

Not a fan of some of the alternate modes:

Attached files
Would you agree to debris acceptance? 2003 Vibe GTMods installed GM Top and Mid-Gate Spoilers, Cosmo CAI, TWM Short Shifter with Desert Eagle weighted shift knob, TWM Bronzoil Shifter Cable Bushings, Magnaflow Cat Back Exhaust, Unichip, Injen Billet Aluminum Engine/Sparkplug covers and oil cap, Optima RedTop Battery, Lineage Ground Wire KitAwaiting install: Energy Suspension Motor Mounts, DC Sports Header
BlueCrush

Re: Knight Rider starts tonight (Herb)

Post by BlueCrush »

Go Go Gadget Mobile....
My Fleet:
'15 Ford Fusion AWD Titanium 2.0 Tutbo
'14 Lincoln MXZ AWD 2.0 Turbo
'14 Nissan Pathfinder AWD SL
'05 Pontiac Vibe AWD
Whelan

Re: Knight Rider starts tonight (BlueCrush)

Post by Whelan »

Sorry I felt Attack Mode was pretty Bad***. Almost like it came from the movie Death Race or whatever its called.
2012 GLI Autobahn 6MT
scherry2

Post by scherry2 »

a car that transforms into an extended cab pick-up and when transforming back the bodies pop up from the floor. uuuuum I'll pass
northvibe

Re: (Whelan)

Post by northvibe »

Quote, originally posted by Whelan »I'm still a fan, love the cars. The plot is going to get better, something happened to his past that people don't want him to know about. I wanna know what that FBI guys deal is, and I wanna see what else KITT is capable of. Turning into a truck is awesome IMO. I"m just glad to see a show that is not about hospitals, doctors, reality TV specials, lame game shows, etc. And FYI that article is from the Chicago Tribune, probably cause Obama didn't like it they wrote an article based on his opinion.Dont bring politics in to this dude. That is unfair and really ignorant. The truth is, you like a TV show, fine thats good there is something there for you, but the majority of people dislike it. Big deal. It still appeals to some people and they have a bunch of episodes filmed already so you should be happy
Whelan

Post by Whelan »

Easy now, it was a small bit of humor, nothing more. They can not like it all they want, but Wednesdays at 8 I'll be glued to my TV.
2012 GLI Autobahn 6MT
PHXLavaVibe

Re: (Whelan)

Post by PHXLavaVibe »

Okay...that was umm, that was... just okay for me dawg. (bad Randy Jackson impression)I have been highly anticipating this show and to tell you the truth...after watching last nights premier I think I will turn my attention elsewhere. I was a big fan of the original show and this just doesn't compete.I was a little hesitant about watching it after reading some of the posts on here, so that might have had something to do with it. Overall I think the new Knight Rider is interesting, but it's lacking something...I can't figure out what it is though. I love the look of the new KIT, but I think the "Transformer" addition is lame and useless. Maybe they should have tried going with the same kind of technology that the old show "Viper" used.The special effects are overdone to the point where they are in no way believable. I don't know what to think about the acting. After the so called movie last year, I had very high expectations for a great story line. Instead I am lost. Last I remember the new Michael was a little reluctant to join Knight Industries and needed a lot of training. Last nights show seemed like it jumped ahead a few years and skipped a lot of oppertunities for some awesome episodes. I don't like the way Michael jumps on scene as some sort of lame James Bond wannabe either. If the producers are looking for bad one-liners and cheese...they should just bring back the Hoff. Oh, and the whole "I can't remember my past" idea has been done so many times that I am starting to forget what a good story line is like.I think I will just stick to all my CSI shows. It's pretty sad when I prefer to watch 'America's Got Tallent' over a show with fast cars and hot women.Overall rating... 1/4 bag of stale popcorn!Now that thats been said, I would love to see 'Air Wolf' brought back to life. Now that was an awesome show!
2006 TOYOTA HIGHLANDER Overall...an amazing vehicle for my family and lifestyle!!! Thanks everyone for allowing me to stay on GENVIBE SPECIAL THANKS TO KAMIKAZE FOR THE NEW SIGNATURE
NascarXprt

Re: (PHXLavaVibe)

Post by NascarXprt »

the 2hr pilol they showd wasnt bad until they did the first "real eps. 1" acting wasnt great in either of them. the regular mode of KITT i will admit is friggin sweet, and the pilot ep. attack mode was ok except for the extra wing ontop of the original wing (useless). im pretty sure this one will be X after 6 eps, maybe 7. kinda like the Fox series "Drive" and "Fast Lane" went. both were excellent shows, except for fox wanting their ***n ratings.so its good i didnt see eps. 1.Quote, originally posted by BlueCrush »I'm a Hater! My loss....FTW!+2Quote, originally posted by BlueCrush »Go Go Gadget Mobile.... now thats funny!!!
My '04 Garage - My '06 Garage - My '09 GT Garage
November 2006 MOTM / February 2007 VOTM / April 2010 VOTM / June 2011 VOTM
ColonelPanic

Post by ColonelPanic »

I've watched all of 10 minutes of this show over the last couple of weeks and I must say it seems nothing more than an exercise in product placement for FORD! The mustang, then I saw him tonight in a super duty, and every other car placed throughout that I've seen is a Ford. Other shows tend to not want to show the brands of the cars they use but here they don't seem to mind an endless display of blue ovals caught on camera... Crazy!This show is suck! It ain't a Pontiac and it ain't the Hoff.
03 Vibe base. Born 10/14/2002 06:07 AM
Auto, Moon & Tunes, power package. 143k
Neptune/dying clearcoat/primer grey. :lol:

'21 Elantra Limited - 2.0L/IVT
'15 Escape SE - 1.6L EcoBoost (hers)
Image Image
Celtic_Curse

Post by Celtic_Curse »

I like the new revamp of the series culminating with K.A.R.R. showing up. The car in the original pilot is better in attack mode, but I like the show and continue to watch.
2003 Supercharged 5spd Vibe BaseGM Supercharger + TRD ECUMagnaflow Cat Back + DC Sports Header 18" AXIS rimms w/Kumho TiresTop Spoiler + Vis CF Functional Scoop
Sublimewind

Re: Knight Rider starts tonight (ColonelPanic)

Post by Sublimewind »

Quote, originally posted by ColonelPanic »I've watched all of 10 minutes of this show over the last couple of weeks and I must say it seems nothing more than an exercise in product placement for FORD! The mustang, then I saw him tonight in a super duty, and every other car placed throughout that I've seen is a Ford. Other shows tend to not want to show the brands of the cars they use but here they don't seem to mind an endless display of blue ovals caught on camera... Crazy!This show is suck! It ain't a Pontiac and it ain't the Hoff. Remember Robocop and all the dodge placement... lol... I got to meet one of the KITTS that was actually used for filming... meh... The 67' Fastback was sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo much more of a car.. it DID have a Ford GT swap in it though...
ColonelPanic

Re: Knight Rider starts tonight (Sublimewind)

Post by ColonelPanic »

If I wanted to spend the $14 a person I could see both KITTS old and new at an upcoming area car show. Hmm, I'll probably pass on that.

Image Image
northvibe

Post by northvibe »

and the show is canceled after 1 yr and 17 episodes....Quote »And with that, our long national nightmare is over. According to the Los Angeles Times' entertainment section, NBC has killed Knight Rider after one season and 17 episodes. Although we won't miss the interminably idiotic dialog, plot chasms, seventh-grade acting and logic-defying vehicle morphing, there will be a KITT-sized hole in our hearts for Mr. Nunez' weekly live-blog of the unfortunate proceedings. If you want to relive past episodes, read our review of the KR or just peruse through galleries of the new KITT (below). Otherwise, let's just forget about this embarrassing attempt at resurrection and get on with our lives.http://www.autoblog.com/2009/0...orner/
ColonelPanic

Post by ColonelPanic »

It was still on??? News to me. RIP... And next time, remember that you can't emulate the Hoff.

Image Image
NascarXprt

Re: (ColonelPanic)

Post by NascarXprt »

its about time they did this!oh wait, there was a show?
My '04 Garage - My '06 Garage - My '09 GT Garage
November 2006 MOTM / February 2007 VOTM / April 2010 VOTM / June 2011 VOTM
808 Vibes

Re: (ColonelPanic)

Post by 808 Vibes »

Quote, originally posted by ColonelPanic »It was still on??? News to me. RIP... And next time, remember that you can't emulate the Hoff. HAHAA...or............. PONTIAC!!
~ ALIS VOLAT PROPRIIS ~