Sonofa***** that has to hurt.

General discussions not related to the Vibe, Matrix, or any other vehicle. (follow posting rules)
redlava

Sonofa***** that has to hurt.

Post by redlava »

crap lemme try this link again.
WaveAction

Post by WaveAction »

way to go
prathman

Re: Sonofa***** that has to hurt. (redlava)

Post by prathman »

Interesting - hope he was ok. I got hit by a car tire once while riding my bicycle near Detroit. The tire flew right by my face as a blur and knocked the bike out from under me. Then it hit the curb, bounced about 20' in the air and kept going at least a block farther. After picking myself up I looked down the road and saw a Chevy Vega in the center lane with a missing rear wheel. The driver said he'd been going about 50 mph and that's probably the speed of the wheel when it hit my bike. Would have been a lot worse if I had been another 6" forward.
Mavrik

Re: Sonofa***** that has to hurt. (prathman)

Post by Mavrik »

why does that look staged to me? I mean... he has his back turned and two tires that look to be about the size of pickup tires roll into him from behind. Unless the whole hub snapped off with two wheels attached, you'd have to be deaf not to hear that. Perfect angle and two tires that look tied together because duel tires/rims are not attached usually to eachother but to the hub...yeah I'm going for staged.
2007 stage 2 Satin White Pearl Subaru STi 2008 stage 2 Subaru STi hatch See my car at: Mavrik's car page
waveresponder

Re: Sonofa***** that has to hurt. (Mavrik)

Post by waveresponder »

its interesting..but dont understand why split seconds of the video footage appear to be missing?...lol
ITcar

Post by ITcar »

i have a feeling he didnt hear it coming because it was probably moving pretty darn fast, i dont think he would have had time to react even if he did realize it was coming at him
Mavrik

Re: (ITcar)

Post by Mavrik »

yeah but what ever happened to knock a whole hub off its wheels is bound to make a noise of some kind.
2007 stage 2 Satin White Pearl Subaru STi 2008 stage 2 Subaru STi hatch See my car at: Mavrik's car page
prathman

Re: (ITcar)

Post by prathman »

Quote, originally posted by ITcar »i have a feeling he didnt hear it coming because it was probably moving pretty darn fast, i dont think he would have had time to react even if he did realize it was coming at himPlus there was traffic just before on the street behind him. It wouldn't sound that different from other traffic until it was just about to hit him. And the jerkiness of the video isn't uncommon for security cameras. They just want to catch an image of the license plate or a face in the event of a robbery or other incident.
lovemyraffe

Post by lovemyraffe »

That had to hurt.
March 2011 MOTMFebruary 2010 MOTM My GenVibe garage
ZubenElGenubi

Re: (lovemyraffe)

Post by ZubenElGenubi »

kevera

Re: (ZubenElGenubi)

Post by kevera »

Quote, originally posted by ZubenElGenubi » ahahahaha,you have to admit,that's really funny.Don't forget to look behind you when you're getting gas.
June '07 VOTM Sept '07 MOTM HCVO /HCMO The Red Devil
zionzr2

Post by zionzr2 »

I know I have seen that video b4 somplace!