Whats Your Favorite Recipe????

General discussions not related to the Vibe, Matrix, or any other vehicle. (follow posting rules)
Ponyota

Whats Your Favorite Recipe????

Post by Ponyota »

Seeing that it's now spring and summer is just around the corner. I thought that it would be nice to share one of your favorite summer time recipes. It can be for meat, fish, vegetables, casseroles, desserts, BBQ sauce or whatever you like and would like to share with the rest of the Genvibe family.Here is one of our favorites.... This is just a basic guideline and can be adjusted to your liking. Baked Fish with Creole Sauce MAKES 6 SERVINGS3 slices bacon cut into 1/2 inch pieces.1 large Onion sliced.1 clove of minced garlic1 can of (14.5 oz.) stewed tomato's3 to 4 Sprigs each of parsley, rosemarry, thyme1-1/2 to 2 lbs. of fish. (pan ready, skinless)Preheat oven to 375 degrees.Fry bacon in skillet, push bacon to one side of the pan. Saute onion and garlic until golden brown on the other side of skillet.Drain the excess fat from the bacon and add the stewed tomato's and seasonings. Simmer for 10 to 15 minutes.Place fish in buttered 2 qt. baking dish. Cover with the sauce and bake covered at 375 for 25 to 30 minutes until fish flakes easily with a fork. Enjoy! EDIT: My wife and I was discussing this last night; We are willing to print these favorite recipes and make into a recipe booklet. We'll will send everyone a recipe book that makes a contribution to this post. We'll call it "Genvibes Family Recipes" These will not be for sale! Only gave to those that contribute to this topic. I'll try to have them made before the Mi Super Meet and pass them out there for those that contributed. So I will end the entries for the booklet on June 1st. Anyone that don't make it to the meet I will send them to you free. So lets get posting those favorite and old family recipes! Soups, salads, meats, sauces, deserts, anything you think is delicious!Also let us know if it is your original recipe, old family recipe or just a favorite.At the end of your post, If you have a name for the recipe booklet post it there. "Genvibes family recipes" is just a thought for the title. We may choose your title for the cover. Please only serious entries.....
Click on signature to view Ponyota on cardomain
Mr. Poopypants

Re: Whats Your Favorite Recipe???? (Ponyota)

Post by Mr. Poopypants »

OK, this is a great grilling recipe, I like to mess around in the kitchen and create some good recipes. This one has no name, so we will name it, Steak ala PoopypantsGet a foil baking bag, or make one out of foil as long as it won't leak. You will need a flank steak (figure 6-8 Oz. per person) 2 raw potatoes diced into 1 inch cubes or quartered, 6 raw carrots sliced into 1 inch "logs", 3 raw parsnips cut into one inch cubes, one and a half cups of dry red wine (possibly more depending on steak size, be sure the steak is at least half covered in wine), quarter stick of butter, crushed black pepper corns and 2 tablespoons of soy sauce.Rub the flank steak with the black pepper, try to get an even coating over the whole steak. Place all contents into the foil baking bag (steak on the bottom), be sure that when you seal the bag off to poke a few small holes into the top of the bag with a fork.Place the bag on the grill at 250 degrees for 15 mins. per pound of steak. Slowly increase the temp after the correct number of minutes depending on the size of the steak. Be sure to occasionally check the steak for the correct cooking temp. Once you have reached the correct temperature (best served medium IMHO) your vegetables should be steamed enough to allow you to poke a fork into them without any resistance. The veggies will have a really great flavor thanks to the pepper and wine. This may take a little tweaking for each individual person, but this is the method I found to be the best.Enjoy.Chef Poopypants
A bartender is just a pharmacist with a limited inventory.
Sputnik

Post by Sputnik »

This is mine:Caesar Pasta Salad1 whole head of garlic1/3 cup of olive oil1/4 cup of chicken stock2 tbsp lemon juice1 tsp dijon mustarddash of tobasco sauce4 cups rotini or fusilli,6 slices of bacon, cooked and crumbled,1 small bunch of romaine lettuce1/4 cup grated parmasan cheeseCut top off head of garlic, place in centre of a piece of foil. Drizzle with 1 tbsp of the olive oil and bake in a 300 F oven for 1 hour. Whisk together remaining oil, chicken stock, lemon juice, mustard and tobasco. Squeeze softened garlic from skins, mash, and whisk into dressing. Cook the pasta. Rinse lightly under cold water until warm and drain. Combine pasta, bacon, lettuce, cheese and dressing in large bowl and serve immediately.
GenVibe Global Moderator

Current: 2012 Nissan Juke SL - Sapphire Blue Onyx (July '12 - present)
Current: 2012 Nissan Leaf SL 100% Electric - Blue Ocean (Dec '11 - present)

Past: 2003 Pontiac Vibe - Satellite Silver (Aug '02 - Dec '07)
jwalcik

Post by jwalcik »

alfredo sauce 2 pints heavy cream2 cups mozarella cheese1 stick butter2 tsp parsley flakesgarlic and salt to taste.bring the cream to a boil, melt in the butter and cheese. after the mixture is creamy, stir in the parsley, garlic, and salt. don't even pretend this one's heart healthy.
2005 vibe gt
Ponyota

Post by Ponyota »

BUMPNew information on the top of the page, at the bottom of the post.
Kari

Post by Kari »

Great idea...I'll definitely be contributing once I decide what exactly *to* contribute...
GenVibe Global Moderator
Sputnik

Post by Sputnik »

Very cool idea. My brother did this for his wedding last year. He had a wedding webpage set up and asked everyone invited to submit a recipe. Then he and his wife made up recipe books and gave them out to everyone at the reception.
GenVibe Global Moderator

Ponyota

Re: Whats Your Favorite Recipe???? (Sputnik)

Post by Ponyota »

Depending on how it goes.. In addition to sending one totally free to everyone that makes a legitimate entry. I'd like to give one to everyone that makes the Mi Super Meet. Kinda like a little door prize for showing up
Kari

Post by Kari »

You might want to price it out to see how much it would cost to have it printed up at Kinko's or something...I know I'd definitely pay to have a bound copy if we end up with quite a few recipes. I'll probably submit more than one recipe as well...
GenVibe Global Moderator
Sputnik

Post by Sputnik »

Unfortunately I won't be at the Michigan Meet.
GenVibe Global Moderator

micheles_bad_vibe

Re: Whats Your Favorite Recipe???? (Sputnik)

Post by micheles_bad_vibe »

Last edited by micheles_bad_vibe on Wed May 09, 2012 10:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
Sputnik

Re: Whats Your Favorite Recipe???? (silverawd26)

Post by Sputnik »

I'm not overly fond of feta actually. I like to add chicken pieces to that recipe. Mmm good. I should make it this weekend.
GenVibe Global Moderator

robdog

Post by robdog »

Special Brownies pick favorite brownie mix, stir up ingredients, add favorite "herb" then cook to desired doneness, then enjoy with friends.
03, Abyss monotone GT, 6 disk changer, moon and tunes, Cargo mat/nets, power package, side airbags, AEM Short Ram Intake, Borla exhaust , 35% tint all around, F1 strut tower brace, debadged, 17" Excel rims w/ federal ss595 tires.
kostby

Post by kostby »

"A Taste of Vibe"? Quote »Fresh Vegetable 'Pizza' RecipeIngredients:Crust: 1 package refrigerated crescent roll doughTopping: 8 oz. pkg softened or 8 oz tub soft cream cheese1/2 cup mayonnaise1 tsp dill weed1/2 tsp onion powder1 cup shredded cheese - cheddar or your favoriteFresh vegetable suggestionsSlicedred, yellow, green pepperssweet yellow onionlarge ripe tomato, or two roma tomatoes or grape tomatoescucumberblack or green olivesDiced or choppedbroccolicauliflowerShreddedcarrots Variations:For a spicier southwestern style 'pizza':Substitute 1/2 tsp chili pepper for the dill weed in the cream cheese and mayonnaise blendSubstitute sliced jalapeno peppers for green peppersSubstitute diced green onions for sweet yellow onionSubstitute shredded pepper jack cheese for cheddarFor a thicker crust, use two packages of refrigerated crescent rolls instead of one.Preparation Instructions:Unroll and press crescent roll dough triangles together into a 12 x 9 baking pan to form a crust. Bake according to package instructions until just browned. Allow to cool completely before spreading topping on the baked crust. Mix softened cream cheese, mayonnaise, dill weed, and onion power and spread on the baked, cooled crust.Slice and chop your favorite fresh vegetables into thin slices (peppers and tomatoes) or bite-sized pieces. Try not to overwhelm the finished result with any single vegetable. One cup or less of each vegetable is plenty. (We often stir-fry the remaining fresh vegetables with together with diced chicken breast.)Top with shredded cheese.Refrigerate the assembled 'pizza' until ready to serve.Use a pizza cutter to slice into squares approximately two inches in size. Yields approximately 24 squares.Story behind the recipe:In 1987, my wife and I attended a catered event where 'cold vegetable pizza' was served. We never had the 'recipe', so over the years we've tested and adjusted the 'topping' ingredients to our tastes. We use in-season vegetables from our garden or from the grocer. It's a great carry-in side dish.Genvibe username: kostbyKirk OstbyLebanon, IN 46052kostby@hotmail.com

My 2003 Vibe Base Auto 2-tone Salsa "SalsaWagon" was built in May 2002. I acquired it in Feb 2004/Traded it in on a 2016 Honda HR-V in Feb 2018.
Atomb

Re: Whats Your Favorite Recipe???? (silverawd26)

Post by Atomb »

Quote, originally posted by silverawd26 »Yeah, Feta is a desired taste... Dating a Greek Decent girl for 4+ years will do that... Yes, Chicken with that would be Yummy. I love feta...this past weekend i made a feta and green olive (sliced) omlette that was amazing! I also like fettucine with a little olive oil, butter, minced garlic, oregano....then crumble feta and some sliced olives (green or black). MMM!I made this recipe for Valentine's day this year and it was VERY good:2 decent sized pork chops (or shoulder chops...your choice)pat dry and rub in Ginger, cinnimon, salt and pepper.in a skillet, put in a little bit of olive oilsear the pork chops on either side for about 2 min per sidetake them out of skillet.pour about a half cup of white wine into the skillet and scrape off all the pork chop pieces of goodness before you start, in a bowl, mix:1 cup of peach jam1/2 teaspoon worchestershire sauce1 teaspoon chilli pastepour this mixture into the skillet that you just cleaned up with the white wine...stir and put the pork chops back into the mixture. coat the chops every once in awhile and cook for about 5 or 6 minutes per side.they are the BEST sweet and spicy pork chops you'll EVER have...in the meantime, get some asparagus and spread them out on a baking sheet (i put some parchment paper down first but it's your call)sprinkle with minced garlic and fresh parsley.put a few teaspoons of olive oil over them so that they are lightly coated.stick them in the oven at 350F for about 10-15 minutes (stirring them around a bit at the half way mark)Then when you take them out of the oven, squeeze a lime over them.Add a nice leafy green salad with a balsamic vinegrette and you've duplicated my valentine's dinner gift to my wife this past february!enjoy!
I have signatures turned off so I'm not even sure what mine says in this space!
redlava

Re: Whats Your Favorite Recipe???? (robdog)

Post by redlava »

Quote, originally posted by robdog »Special Brownies pick favorite brownie mix, stir up ingredients, add favorite "herb" then cook to desired doneness, then enjoy with friends.LOL Nice!!!I love cheesy potatoes!!!1 - 32oz Bag of Frozen Potatoes O'brien1 - 16oz carton of Sour Cream4 cups of Cheese of your choice2 cans of condensed Cream of Chicken Soup1 small can of Mushrooms (optional)4 cups of crushed Corn Flakes (optional)Preheat oven to 375 F (190 C)Combine in large bowl potatoes, sour cream, cheese, mushrooms, and soup. Mix well.Spread mixture into 9X13 inch baking dish and top with crushed corn flakes.Bake for 75 minutes, or until cooked through and golden brown.mmmmmmmmm!
DaddyVibeMI

Re: Whats Your Favorite Recipe????

Post by DaddyVibeMI »

Salsa Sloppy Joe Pizza*6 Servings1 pound lean ground beef or any kind meat of your favorite (I like mine in venison yummy)3 tablespoons taco seasoning mix1 purchased pizza crust (12 – 13 inches in diameter)1/3 cup purchased black bean dip1 cup shredded cheese of your choiceSalsa, guacamole and sour cream, if desired1. Heat oven to 4252. Cook meat until3. Put pizza crust on nongreased cookie sheet 4. Spread evenly with bean dip5. Spoon meat over bean layer6. Sprinkle with cheese7. Bake 8 to 10 minutes or until cheese melt.8.Cut into wedges and serve with salsa, guacamole and sour cream.
Car Domain.com ~ DaddyVibeMI
Raivis

Post by Raivis »

a fast snack is pepperoncini peppers wrapped in a slice of cheese
You got owned by a wagon..... Life is a sexually transmitted disease!!! check me out at http://www.myspace.com/raiviskysdad
amynoelle

Post by amynoelle »

Mud Pie1 packageprepared chocolate pudding or one recipe of boxed pudding1 small tub cool whip1 package oreos1 graham cracker pie crustgarnish with crushed oreos, cool whip, or gummy worms1. Crush oreos. (I usually put them in a single layer in a ziplock bag and squish them with a rolling pin.) Once crushed, place into a large bowl.2. Add the pudding and cool whip to the crushed oreos. Mix until well incorporated.3. Spoon the mixture into the pie crust. Smooth the surface of the filling if you like. 4. Garnish with crushed oreos, cool whip or gummy worms.5. Refrigerate at least 4 hours, overnight is best.
drunkenmaxx

Re: Whats Your Favorite Recipe???? (amynoelle)

Post by drunkenmaxx »

-tortilla shells-shredded cheese-potatoe chipscrunch up chips and put on tortilla. sprinkle cheese heavily over top. microwave. roll up and eat.delicious!
chew aura pizza cheat main"the world in my hands, there's noone left to hear you scream, noone's there for you"
Mr. Poopypants

Re: Whats Your Favorite Recipe???? (drunkenvibe)

Post by Mr. Poopypants »

Jello Pretzel SaladStart with a baking pan (preferably 18x10)Crush up salted pretzels and spread evenly across the bottom of the pan about 1/2 inch thick.Spread Cool-Whip (it has to be Cool-Whip) across the pretzels to there are no gaps between the edges and the Cool-Whip and no gaps in the Cool-Whip.Put this in the freezer to freeze the Cool-Whip.When Cool-Whip is frozen, start the next step but leave the pan in the freezer.Make your favorite flavor of Jello (strawberry is the best) and put it in the fridge so it starts to set.Once the Jello is about half set, stir in sliced strawberries and slowly pour the Jello over the Cool-Whip. Put it into the fridge and allow the Jello to fully set.
Ponyota

Post by Ponyota »

BUMPThanks to everyone that made a contribution.... We appreciate everyone that took the time to post your favorite recipe. Unfortunately time has ran out to make them for the Mi. super meet III and we can't see making up a book for 9 or so recipes (press setup cost, labor, & supplies). We were hoping to have around 150 - 250 by this time. We would like to see the thread stay open and have members continue to make posts of their favorite recipes! Who knows, maybe next year!? Thanks again, Rob & Lisa
Mr. Poopypants

Post by Mr. Poopypants »

Here's another bump...Spicy chicken dip4 cans of shredded chicken1 bottle of bleu cheese or ranch dressing1 medium size bottle of Frank's RedHot1 brick of cream cheese1 package of shredded cheddar or pepper jack cheese Heat entire bottle of dressing and cream cheese on medium heat until cream cheese is meltedRemove from heatMix chicken, shredded cheese and entire bottle of RedHot sauce in with dressing and cream cheesePut mix in 18 x 10 pan and bake @ 350 for 30-40 minutes.Serve with crackers or tortilla chips.
Toolman

Re: Whats Your Favorite Recipe???? (Mr. Poopypants)

Post by Toolman »

Oktoberfest Beer6.6 LBS Muntons Liquid malt extract5 gallons filtered water1 oz Wilemette Hops1 oz Finishing hops12 oz 20l grains4 oz 60 grains15 grams yeastBoil 2 gallons water , back off the flame and allow water to simmer at 170 degrees. Steep the grains for 30 minutes, then bring the water to a boil and add two 3.3 lbs cans of Muntons pale liquid malt extract. Let the water return back to a boil and add the Willlemet hops, boil for 40 minutes then add the finishing hops. Cool by sitting the pot in sink of icy water. Put 3 gallons water in Primary fermenter, add contents from pot(wort). Pitch(put yeast in) yeast, agitate vigorously. Ferment for 1 week in primary and 2 weeks in secondary, Let carbonate in bottle for 2-3 weeks and enjoy!
http:/theeulogy.wirefire.com2003 Neptune Blue Moon and Tunes4 Speed AutoBluetooth Install(Wifes)2004 Torrid Red GTO Tinted WindowsBluetooth Install0-60mph in 5.2 seconds0-130mph in 22.5 seconds(Mine)
Mr. Poopypants

Re: Whats Your Favorite Recipe???? (Toolman)

Post by Mr. Poopypants »

But who owns a primary and secondary fermenter?
Toolman

Post by Toolman »

I use the cheapo 6 gallon water cans from Walmart.
http:/theeulogy.wirefire.com2003 Neptune Blue Moon and Tunes4 Speed AutoBluetooth Install(Wifes)2004 Torrid Red GTO Tinted WindowsBluetooth Install0-60mph in 5.2 seconds0-130mph in 22.5 seconds(Mine)
Mr. Poopypants

Re: Whats Your Favorite Recipe???? (Toolman)

Post by Mr. Poopypants »

That's too much effort, I'll go to the beer distributor.
zionzr2

Beer Boiled Brats

Post by zionzr2 »

Beer Boiled Bratwurst One package of beer-n-bratwurstone 12oz. of beer (I like to use Red-Dog or an un-filtered Wheat beer - experiment with your favorite)Soak brats in a pan with the beer so that the brats are close to totaly covered. ( I will (removed) a couple small holes in each brat with a fork.) Then place in fridge covered. Allow to soak overnight turning the brats over in the morning When time to cook arrivesuse a very small amount of cooking oil (I use cannola or veggtible) in a frying pan or skillet. just enough to coat the brats very lightly. I use about a half a capful. Probably less than a tablespoon.Very lightly sear or gray the brats on a med heat. Add the beer that the brats were soaking in and bring to a boil.Cover reduce heat to a med - med-low And turn brats about every 10 minustes or so...after about an hour from when you started the beer will have boiled away.once beer has virtually been boiled away you are ready to serve.
lmhansen

Post by lmhansen »

Angry Shrip1 cup flour1 tbls Cayenne peppersalt, pepper, ground chilli pepper to tasteuncooked, cleaned Shrimp, as many as you need.Fresh spinachFresh BasilMix the flour, cayenne, salt and pepper. Coat the shrimp with the flour/cayenne mix, then fry in the pan, ~3 minutes each side. Cook about 10-12 shrimp at a time unless you have a giant pan... When you're done with all the shrimp, toss in the cleaned and lightly chopped spinach and basil into the pan. Add some more oil if needed and sprinkle with some salt. Once that is cooked down (a couple of minutes), toss the shrimp back in and mix well. Sprinkle with chilli pepper to taste. Serve over spaghetti.Additional ideas: Add garlic to the pan when frying the shrimp.Add fresh ginger to the pan when frying the shrimp.
2003 Base Vibe Satellite, AT, power package. 2012 Fiat 500 Sport, Black, AT
MRCN RCE

Re: Whats Your Favorite Recipe???? (lmhansen)

Post by MRCN RCE »

i bet my lady would love the angry shrimp. i'll hafta make that for her sometime too bad i really don't know any recipies
GENVIBE: THE PLACE WHERE ALL THE COOL KIDS HANG OUT05 GTK&N SRI, exedy clutch, fidanza flywheel, Neo-GensLIFT: the equivalent of viagra for your tach n speedomy garagehttp://forums.genvibe.com/zerothread?id=24931
VibeGirl17

Re: Whats Your Favorite Recipe???? (MRCN RCE)

Post by VibeGirl17 »

I like Pasta Scalata! It's an Italian Dish...You cook Angel Hair (spaghetti)In the mean time you simmer a little water with oil, onions, and garlic....Then when the macaroni is cooked, pour the oil and stuff on top of it and mix it up and enjoy!!
silvrhawk7

Post by silvrhawk7 »

I don't have a real name for these but we can call themQuintons'BUST 'EM UP WINGSDisclaimer: These are kinda messy, a little time consuming to make and will ruin the oil after you're done..Ingredients:Chicken Wings (either plain frozen or fresh)1 package of Kosher Salt1 package of Old Bay Seasoning1 Package of Season Salt2 bottles of Louisiana hot sauceZiploc Freezer Bags for marinadePeanut oil for frying (amount depends on size of fryer)Deep Fryer (my opinion, gas is better)First thaw (if frozen) and clean the wings,next put cleaned wings in bowl of warm to hot salt water using kosher saltlet wings sit in salt water for 30-45 minsnext, drain salt water and spread wings out on a small rack to drip drynext, combine hot sauce, old bay, and season salt in the ziplock bags,(amount of bags depends on the amount of wings made)once wings are mostly dry, add wings to mixing bags, and shake up until wings have an even coat, if you need to, add smaller amounts of old bay until wings are coated.Let wings sit in marinade inside fridge for 2+ hours.take wings out of fridge and let full bags sit in room temp for 20-30 mins (now would be a good time to set fryer up)Once fryer of choice (electric or gas) is set up, fry wings at 375 degrees (F) for at least 8 mins to cook meat, however i like to go for 10-12 mins for extra crispiness on the skin it is a little time consuming and I only recommend doing this recipie if your having a party and have some time ahead (ex Super Bowl Sunday) but figured i would share it because hey, it aint one of Martha Stewart's Recipies.....Once you have had these, you wont taste another wing the same again...There is a sauce recipie too if anyone wants to know, hit me up...-Q
In Memory, taken too early in a rear end collision
Sunrise: June 2006, Sunset: Jan 2015 :cry:
Miles 129,000
2006 Silver Mono, Base 4-Speed auto.
In Memory of Pontiac Motor Division 1926-2010
In Memory of the Pontiac Vibe 2002-2009
trayseelea'sboy

Post by trayseelea'sboy »

French Onion Soup Recipe 5 sweet onions (like Vidalias) or a combination of sweet and red onions (about 4 pounds) 3 tablespoons butter 1 teaspoon salt 2 cups white wine 10 ounces canned beef consume 10 ounces chicken broth 10 ounces apple cider (unfiltered is best) Bouquet garni; thyme sprigs, bay leaf and parsley tied together with kitchen string 1 loaf country style bread Kosher salt Ground black pepper Splash of Cognac (optional) 1 cup Fontina or Gruyere cheese, gratedTrim the ends off each onion then halve lengthwise. Remove peel and finely slice into half moon shapes. Set electric skillet to 300 degrees and add butter. Once butter has melted add a layer of onions and sprinkle with a little salt. Repeat layering onions and salt until all onions are in the skillet. Do not try stirring until onions have sweated down for 15 to 20 minutes. After that, stir occasionally until onions are dark mahogany and reduced to approximately 2 cups. This should take 45 minutes to 1 hour. Do not worry about burning. Add enough wine to cover the onions and turn heat to high, reducing the wine to a syrup consistency. Add consume, chicken broth, apple cider and bouquet garni. Reduce heat and simmer 15 to 20 minutes. Place oven rack in top 1/3 of oven and heat broiler. Cut country bread in rounds large enough to fit mouth of oven safe soup crocks. Place the slices on a baking sheet and place under broiler for 1 minute. Season soup mixture with salt, pepper and cognac. Remove bouquet garni and ladle soup into crocks leaving one inch to the lip. Place bread round, toasted side down, on top of soup and top with grated cheese. Broil until cheese is bubbly and golden, 1 to 2 minutes.
Martin
damronjr

Post by damronjr »

Corn with cream cheese and chives3 cans of corn1 stick of butter1 8oz pack of cream cheese with chivesdash of salt and pepperWarm the corn with the butter, stir in the cream cheese and S&P, eat and enjoy!Best stuff ever!
Jason Damron, San Diego, CA, Supercharged 2004 Vibe base - Gone to the wind My Vibe pics on Cardomain2009 Chevrolet HHR SS!
engineertwin2

Re:

Post by engineertwin2 »

I love cooking! I shouldn't confess and my fiancee likes to tease me about it, but we're both kinda portly due to someone's cooking (and she doesn't cook).GRILLED CHICKEN TACOS1 package corn tortillas4 chicken breast halves (about 2 lbs of chicken breast)2 large limes1 medium onion (white or yellow)1 package of shredded green cabbage (or one head)2 medium tomatoes1 bunch Cilantro (aka Chinese Parsley)1 package shredded cheese (mexican blend)Sauza or Cuervo TequilaTaco SauceRanch DressingSaltPepperI work with a charcoal grill, so the timing I use is setup perfectly for your typical charcoal grills. If you use a gas grill or an electric griddle, plan accordingly.Clean and trim any fat from the chicken breasts. Place the chicken in a relatively small bowl or flat pan. You want them to lay side by side without stacking, but without a lot of room left over. Add salt and pepper to top of chicken. Add tequila to the bowl until it just covers the bottom of the chicken (not even half way up). Take half of a lime and squeeze the juice over the chicken.Start the charcoal. It should take about 20-30 minutes to get the coals set. Thats how long we need to "marinade" the chicken. When the coals are about half done, turn the chicken, add salt and pepper again and squeeze the other half of the lime over this side.Grill the chicken being careful not to over handle it while it is cooking or grilling (it will stay more tender and juicy). While grilling, you should be able to prep the pico and the cabbage (if you didn't buy it pre-shredded). Shred the cabbage by using a cheese grater or use a knife to thinly slice the cabage.Dice the tomatoes and half of the onion. Mix together with about 1/2 to 3/4 of a bunch of cilantro to make the pico. To make the topping sauce, mix 1/4 cup of ranch with 1/4 cup of taco sauce (1:1 if you want to make less).When you pull the chicken off the grill, throw some corn tortillas onto the grill to heat them up. They shouldn't be on the grill longer than 3 minutes total or they'll get too crisp.Slice (or dice) the chicken breasts into small strips about 1/4" thick. Serve on top of hot corn tortilla, covered with some cabbage, cheese, and pico. Drizzle with taco sauce/ranch dressing mix. Serve with lime wedge.
2004 Vibe GT Lava Monotone, Moon & Tunes PackageMods:Homelink17" TenzoR Mach 10s, Black w/ Red grooveTintFormer Cars: '87 Subaru DL, '99 Chevy Malibu (hated it)'99 VW Passat (like it), '99 Volvo S80 T6 (wet dreams are made of it)
engineertwin2

Post by engineertwin2 »

A great alternative to the chicken for those living on a coast is a great fish taco.Prepare like above, but use a white fish instead of chicken. Be sure to debone the fish and be careful!
2004 Vibe GT Lava Monotone, Moon & Tunes PackageMods:Homelink17" TenzoR Mach 10s, Black w/ Red grooveTintFormer Cars: '87 Subaru DL, '99 Chevy Malibu (hated it)'99 VW Passat (like it), '99 Volvo S80 T6 (wet dreams are made of it)
engineertwin2

Post by engineertwin2 »

Another favorite of ours:TOMATO BASIL PASTA W/ SHRIMP2 cups fresh basil1/2 lb (1 package) of vine ripened cherry or grape tomatoes1/2 package of short pasta (Cavatapi, Fusili, Rotelle, etc)2 cloves garlic2 Tblspoons butter1/2 lb 30-50 count shrimpFresh grated parmesan (optional)Peel and devein shrimp (if not purchased peeled/deveined). Boil water for pasta and prepare per the directions on the box.While the pasta cooks, melt the butter over medium heat. When melted, add the shrimp and then the garlic to saute.While the shrimp saute, cut the tomatoes in half. My brother removes the tomato seeds at this point to keep it dry, but I prefer to keep them in to help in the formation of a sauce. Needless to say, if you keep the tomato seeds in, you'll get a decent amount of water boil out into the saute.When the pasta is finished, the tomatoes should appear to be cooked and the "stock" should be reduced at this point. You may remove some from the sautee if it is too runny.Toss the pasta back into the pot once drained and throw it back on LOW heat to remove some of the retained water from boiling.Rinse the basil and run a sharp knife through the leafy sections, cutting into about 1/2 inch strips.Add the basil to the PASTA POT.Pour the saute pan with shrimp and tomatoes over the pasta and basil and toss together.Serve immediately, topping with fresh grated parmesan if desired.
renate

Post by renate »

1 large can of red enchilada sauce1 cup of brown sugar1 can of red "el pato"sauce mix all these together and parboil some chicken.Put the chicken in the mixture and put on the grill.Continue to turn and baste chicken until done.Very hot and sweet.
Renate and "Babycakes"2008 Stealth/graphite VibeAuto tranny. 16" aluminum wheels,steering wheel cover,front seat covers,Sony stereo w/mp3 jack and satellite ready,Alarm system,proud parent of U.S.Marine magnet
engineertwin2

Re: Whats Your Favorite Recipe???? (renate)

Post by engineertwin2 »

Quote, originally posted by renate » 1 large can of red enchilada sauce1 cup of brown sugar1 can of red "el patio"sauce mix all these together and parboil some chicken.Put the chicken in the mixture and put on the grill.Continue to turn and baste chicken until done.Very hot and sweet.Sounds intriguing. Maybe I'll try it next week...
pick41

Post by pick41 »

Quote, originally posted by Mr. Poopypants »Here's another bump...Spicy chicken dip4 cans of shredded chicken1 bottle of bleu cheese or ranch dressing1 medium size bottle of Frank's RedHot1 brick of cream cheese1 package of shredded cheddar or pepper jack cheese Heat entire bottle of dressing and cream cheese on medium heat until cream cheese is meltedRemove from heatMix chicken, shredded cheese and entire bottle of RedHot sauce in with dressing and cream cheesePut mix in 18 x 10 pan and bake @ 350 for 30-40 minutes.Serve with crackers or tortilla chips.This stuff is great, my SIL makes it for most family stuff. Good One.
Pick2004 AT, AWD, Moon & Tune2006 - Mazda5 Touring1998 CBR 900RR RIP 10/97-8/08
pick41

Re: Whats Your Favorite Recipe???? (pick41)

Post by pick41 »

Cheese Potato Soup 1 package of smoked sausage1 onionpotato's (not sure the number)1 large container sour cream4 cups Mild Cheddar (or your choice)1. cut up onion, sausage and potato's. Place in the pot, fill with water just over the top of the mix, boil2. once the potato's are done, do not drain.3. reduce heat, add full container of sour cream and cheese gradually, stir until cheese is melted.
Pick2004 AT, AWD, Moon & Tune2006 - Mazda5 Touring1998 CBR 900RR RIP 10/97-8/08
Herb

Post by Herb »

This is a recipe from a British guy that had a mini series on TV called "Willies Wonky Chocolate Factory"He sells chocolate in it's purest form 100% cacao bars as well as dark chocolate bars. http://www.williescacao.com/Funny I had to translate the recipe from British English to North American EnglishJunkie Pig by Willie Harcourt Cooze(Serve's 8)Ingredients:500ml white wine100ml balsamic vinegarGarlic cloves from half a bulb, peeled and roughly chopped10cm chunk of fresh ginger, peeled and roughly chopped1 red chili (with or without seeds according to taste)2 tablespoons honey25g cacao, finely grated2 tablespoons fennel seeds2 tablespoons sea salt2.5kg boned and rolled pork shoulder, skin deeply scoredPreheat oven to 475FPrepare marinade by pouring the wine and balsamic vinegar into a small pan, Boil until reduced by half. Add the garlic, ginger, chili and honey and simmer for 15 minutes. Remove the pan from the heat and strain the mixture, discarding the garlic, ginger and chili. Stir in the cacao until meltedGrind the fennel seeds and sea salt in a pestle and mortar.Lift the pork shoulder into a roasting tin and push the fennel and sea salt into the slits in the pork skinLoad the marinade into a syringe with a large gauge and inject it at regular intervals all over the flesh of the porkCalculate roasting time for the pork. Allow 1 hour 10 minutes for every kilogram. Roast the pork for 30 minutes or until the skin has turned golden. Turn the oven temperature down to 340F and roast for the remaining time. Turn oven to "Broil" for the last 4-5 minutes to crisp the skin. Let it cool for 10-15 minutes before carving and serving.Willie's Tip: This method of marinating works so effectively because the syringe pushes the marinade deep into the flesh of the pork. If you don't have a syringe, use a turkey baster. You could leave the shoulder in the marinade overnight (avoid getting on the skin) but it doesn't penetrate as much. Be sure to turn the pan juices into gravy by adding a splash of wine, some stock and a touch more cacao.
Would you agree to debris acceptance? 2003 Vibe GTMods installed GM Top and Mid-Gate Spoilers, Cosmo CAI, TWM Short Shifter with Desert Eagle weighted shift knob, TWM Bronzoil Shifter Cable Bushings, Magnaflow Cat Back Exhaust, Unichip, Injen Billet Aluminum Engine/Sparkplug covers and oil cap, Optima RedTop Battery, Lineage Ground Wire KitAwaiting install: Energy Suspension Motor Mounts, DC Sports Header
Blueridge9

Re: Whats Your Favorite Recipe???? (Herb)

Post by Blueridge9 »

You have all shared so many great recipes. Now I would like to share a easy summer dessert. You don't have to turn on your oven for this recipe.Cherry Cordial Dessert1/2 gallon of Vanilla Ice Cream or Frozen Yogurt (left out to soften)Pecans broken into small pieces (or other nuts can be substituted)Fresh cherries, pitted and destemmed (or fresh strawberries sliced)1 bag mini chocolate chipsMix everything together. Pour into a springform pan or other deep dish and cover with foil. Put in freezer for 5-6 hours. Make sure it sits level in the freezer or it will be lopsided. Remove springform pan edge and serve like a cheese cake with a little fresh fruit on top or chocolate sauce.It's soo good and you can vary it to include other fruits, nuts, brownies, heath bar pieces, cookie dough etc. that you like.
Blueridge9 2004 Base, 1.8L "The Vibe is a melding of muscular looks, ..utility & economy, sportiness & road-hugging tractability." -Road & Track Magazine Sept. 2008 Pictures: http://s278.photobucket.com/user/blueridge9/library/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
StephenC

Post by StephenC »

My fave:Spaghetti Sauce w/ MeatballsIngredientsMEATBALLS: * 1 pound lean ground beef * 1 cup fresh bread crumbs * 1 egg, beaten * 1 tablespoon dried parsley * 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper * 1 tablespoon grated Parmesan cheese * 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder SAUCE: * 3/4 cup chopped onion * 5 cloves garlic, minced * 1/4 cup olive oil * 2 (28 ounce) cans whole peeled tomatoes * 2 teaspoons salt * 1 teaspoon white sugar * 1 bay leaf * 1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste * 3/4 teaspoon dried basil * 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepperDirections: 1. In a large bowl, combine ground beef, bread crumbs, parsley, Parmesan, 1/4 teaspoon black pepper, garlic powder and beaten egg. Mix well and form into 12 balls. Store, covered, in refrigerator until needed. 2. In a large saucepan over medium heat, saute onion and garlic in olive oil until onion is translucent. Stir in tomatoes, salt, sugar and bay leaf. Cover, reduce heat to low, and simmer 90 minutes. Stir in tomato paste, basil, 1/2 teaspoon pepper and meatballs and simmer 30 minutes more. Serve.
Speedqueen

Post by Speedqueen »

Ohhhh Food! Yum. I'll contribute a few recipes.Oriental pork Marinade.Pork tenderloinMarinade :¼ cup soy sauce3 tbsp brown sugar1 tsp cumin1 tsp dry mustard½ tsp paprika5 cloves garlic, sliced2 tbsp fresh coriander In a “Ziploc” bag, combine all marinade ingredients.Remove air from bag and seal. Ensure pork is completely coated by marinade. Marinate in fridge for 30 to 60 minutes. Cook pork on BBQ for about 10 minutes. Remove, cover with foil and allow meat to rest for 5 minutes. Slice into medallions and serve.Enjoy
10 Vibe 1.8l, Manual, Red hot metallic (current)07 Silverado Z71 4x4 Crew cab (current)03 Monte Carlo SS 3.8l - 85 Merc Grand Marquis (cruise, tilt, bench)93 Grand AM Se 3.3l - 93 Geo Metro 1l87 GMC 1500 454 big block 85 Grand AM SE 6 cyl81 Celica GT - 76 Impala convertible hard top71 Gran Torino
KNINE

Re: Whats Your Favorite Recipe???? (Speedqueen)

Post by KNINE »

Go new girl. Way to revive old thread. Something new to cook!
"Don't look to the government to solve your problems, the government is the problem." Ronald Reagan"They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety." Ben Franklin.
Speedqueen

Post by Speedqueen »

Uh oh...Is it bad to revive old threads???I love food.Turtle Squares.....1cup of butter (has to be butter)3/4 cup of brown sugar2 cups of flour cream together, press into 15 x 10 cookie sheet lined with parchment paper, bake about 20 mins at 350 degreesFilling:1 and 1/3 cups of brown sugar3/4 cups of whipping cream (35%)3/4 cups of corn syrup1/3 cup of butter (again has to be butter)mix and bring to a boil for 12 minutes stirring constantly OR until it reaches 230 degrees on a candy thermometerstir in 1 1/2 cups of chopped pecans, pour over cooled base and chill.Topping:10 oz of semisweet chocolate chips1/4 cup of butter (has to be butter)1/4 cup of whipping cream (35%)melt and mix together and spread on cooled filling, chill until firm then score into 1x2 inch bars.Top each bar with a pecan half before chocolate topping too firm. (I find that 1x2 is a pretty big serving. If I'm going fancy, I use the pecan halves, and cut them smaller. Most of the time I use chopped pecans and sprinkle on chocolate layer, I can make them the size I want that way, sometimes no nuts on top)They freeze well.
10 Vibe 1.8l, Manual, Red hot metallic (current)07 Silverado Z71 4x4 Crew cab (current)03 Monte Carlo SS 3.8l - 85 Merc Grand Marquis (cruise, tilt, bench)93 Grand AM Se 3.3l - 93 Geo Metro 1l87 GMC 1500 454 big block 85 Grand AM SE 6 cyl81 Celica GT - 76 Impala convertible hard top71 Gran Torino
KNINE

Re: (Speedqueen)

Post by KNINE »

Not when thet're good ones
"Don't look to the government to solve your problems, the government is the problem." Ronald Reagan"They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety." Ben Franklin.
Speedqueen

Post by Speedqueen »

I'm surprised it's not a longer thread. Everybody has to eat eventually. Aren't we all tired of the 15 or so meals that tend to regularly circulate in the home kitchen.
Herb

Post by Herb »

Japanese Style Custard Puddinghttp://www.youtube.com/user/co...6OyXMI've transcribed this from the video above, but you should still watch the video.Ingredients(serves 4)- Caramel -4 tbsp Sugar1 tbsp Water1½~2 tbsp Hot Water- Egg Mixture -2 Eggs250ml Milk (8.45 fl oz)5 tbsp Sugar130ml Pudding Molds (4.4 fl oz)Unsalted ButterCoat the inside surface of the molds with unsalted butter. To make the caramel sauce, put the sugar and water into a saucepan under medium heat. Simmer until the sugar solution starts to have a golden brown color, then swirl the solution to even out the liquid. Caramelize the sugar solution to a medium brown color, then remove from heat. Quickly add the hot water to the solution with a ladle and swirl the solution tilted away from yourself taking care not to splash the hot sugar onto yourself. Pour into the molds.To make the egg mixture. Crack the eggs into a bowl and lightly beat them with a whisk, taking care to keep the whisk on the bottom of the bowl to avoid creating foam. Add milk and sugar to a saucepan under medium heat and stir until sugar is melted. Then pour the sugar milk solution into the egg bowl and stir with a spoon. Pour the solution through a strainer. Remove any foam with a spoon, pour into an easy to pour container, then pour into molds.Wrap all molds with foil and place into a steamer. Make sure the water is just under the boiling point. Steam for 20 min then chill and serve.

Attached files
Would you agree to debris acceptance? 2003 Vibe GTMods installed GM Top and Mid-Gate Spoilers, Cosmo CAI, TWM Short Shifter with Desert Eagle weighted shift knob, TWM Bronzoil Shifter Cable Bushings, Magnaflow Cat Back Exhaust, Unichip, Injen Billet Aluminum Engine/Sparkplug covers and oil cap, Optima RedTop Battery, Lineage Ground Wire KitAwaiting install: Energy Suspension Motor Mounts, DC Sports Header