mkowdley is the April 2009 MOTM

Vibe Of The Month (VOTM) and Member Of The Month (MOTM) central discussion area.
BlueCrush

mkowdley is the April 2009 MOTM

Post by BlueCrush »

Congratulations to mkowdley for winning the March 2009 MOTMName: Mike KowdleyAge: 34Occupation: Software EngineerRide(s): 4WD 2000 Toyota TacomaCongratulations on being voted GenVibe’s Member of the Month. How does it feel?It's nice to be able to be the face for the work that keeps the site running. I'm really looking forward to being able to give GenVibe a little more administrator attention than it has had in the past.How did you find GenVibe?I was working for BVerticals.Com when Mike Levine (founder of PickupTruck.Com) announced that he needed some help setting up a new site. I hadn't even heard of the Vibe or the Matrix at that point. I worked for BVerticals.Com handling technical matters for GenVibe and working with Nick on things for about five years, and I left the company in 2008. I took over the site completely in 2009.What made you join?Well... Mike told me to, hah!How long have you been a member?I recently had my 2000 day anniversary, I've been a member since July 2003.What is your favorite thing about the site?The way that the site has encouraged folks to get together for real-life meetups is really key, it's how a site like this transcends something more than a simple message forum that might be put together by a larger corporation.As you know we love animals at GenVibe, do you have any pets?We had dogs growing up, but apartment living just isn't suitable for any pets right now. I'll get another pet when I have a proper yard for him to roam around in... and maybe kids to clean up after him What is your Dream Car?I thought about this a bit, I've never really thought about a “dream car”. The pickup truck I have now serves me well because it has 4WD so it's perfect for getting to the mountains in bad weather and throwing the snowboards in the back, but it comes up pretty lacking for transporting friends around. I like to go out for a drink and minimize the number of drivers, and the truck just makes that tough. Additionally, I'd like to get something big enough to be considered a family car, since I hope to have children in the next few years. I looked around a bit on the internet for something that might be suitable, and I think the solution is clear, although it might be tough to park: http://tinywww.com/NzI0MwIf you won $1,000,000 tax free what would you do?I'd give some of it to my wife to donate as she sees fit, and store the rest away so I could buy a family home when I move back to California.I guess I'd also throw a fat bbq party with a bounce house.What’s your favorite?:Movie: The Thief of Bagdhad, Napoleon DynamiteFood: Al Pastor Burrito. Supersize!Color: BlackTV Show: The OfficeGame: Warcraft, I admit it.Season: Winter, snowboard season!Sport: To play, roller hockey or indoor rock climbing. To watch, ice hockeyHobby: Eating. Not like grubbing down and passing out to food coma, but trying new and interesting foods and flavors. As I write this I'm simmering a tamarind and chili syrup for a new rum drink I'm trying out.Book/Magazine: In Search of Schrödinger's Cat is a book on quantum mechanics (not an area I know anything about). It's a kind of tough read, but fascinating.Person: My wife. (No, she's not watching me type this, hah!)Any last words?I just want to thank everyone who's made this community into what it is: the individual members who give GenVibe its life, the moderators who keep it under control and good times, and Nick for working with me for all these years to do what we can to keep things rolling.This is a picture of me at Scion Performance Challenge, a press event put on by Scion each year at the Pomona Raceway in California. Please join me in congratulating Mike on his Victory!

Attached files
My Fleet:
'15 Ford Fusion AWD Titanium 2.0 Tutbo
'14 Lincoln MXZ AWD 2.0 Turbo
'14 Nissan Pathfinder AWD SL
'05 Pontiac Vibe AWD
keithvibe

Re: mkowdley is the April 2009 MOTM (BlueCrush)

Post by keithvibe »

well done ... now get us some real emoticons LOL
2010 Vibe & member of the yeargarage Email me if you need to talk to me, click my siggy and send the email threw the contact page.
808 Vibes

Re: mkowdley is the April 2009 MOTM (keithvibe)

Post by 808 Vibes »

^^ HAHAH. Congrats! and now a few words from the reigning K-NINE, who had to give up his cape and tiara with tears in his eyes...
~ ALIS VOLAT PROPRIIS ~
Wolfman213

Post by Wolfman213 »

congrats!!!
April 2010 Co-MOTM * Custom LED Gauge Cluster swap * LED dome, HVAC, and shifter * Retrofit projector w/ blue halo * Kenwood KDC-HD942U * Herculined cargo area * Debadged *Wolfman's Garage
joatmon

Re: mkowdley is the April 2009 MOTM (BlueCrush)

Post by joatmon »

Mike, thanks for doing the things that make this MotM so well deserved
NascarXprt

Re: mkowdley is the April 2009 MOTM (joatmon)

Post by NascarXprt »

Mike Congrats on the MOTM title! and thank you for your hard work on keeping us alive! now about those emoticons. also how about bringing back the VOTM and MOTM titles under our user names
My '04 Garage - My '06 Garage - My '09 GT Garage
November 2006 MOTM / February 2007 VOTM / April 2010 VOTM / June 2011 VOTM
bull77

Post by bull77 »

congrats and keep up the good work