Unlocking w/ keyfob "declining"

Discuss any maintenance you've done to your Vibe & Matrix and ask how to perform maintenance on your vehicle
rflowers

Unlocking w/ keyfob "declining"

Post by rflowers »

It seems like locking/unlocking the car (2007 Vibe, pretty standard model) with the keyfob is getting harder & harder. I've tried switching the fob battery, no difference. Door locks seem to operate fine with the switch at the door. Anything I can look into? Thanks in advance.
Mark

Re: Unlocking w/ keyfob "declining"

Post by Mark »

I would try this procedure to reprogram them. Not sure if it will help, but worth a shot.

viewtopic.php?f=18&t=1102#p531312

I suggest reading through it a couple times before you start to make sure you know the steps. It's important to follow the steps exactly, and the timing is critical. Don't be surprised if you don't get it on the first try.
'08 Base Stealth, '05 Base Satellite
zbyers

Post by zbyers »

what do you mean by getting harder?
'74 Thing, '79 El Camino, '83 VW DoKa '91 Vanagon, '03 Base, 04 GT
'06 CRV, '06 AWD, '07 Base, '12 Highlander Limited, '17 Frontier CCLB

Byerscrew Garage, GenVibe Facebook, How-To Index
Everything You Need To Know About the Pontiac Vibe
rflowers

Post by rflowers »

zbyers wrote: Mon Oct 25, 2021 3:59 am what do you mean by getting harder?
This has been happening over 1 to 2 weeks, I would estimate. It started with clicking the button to lock, but nothing happening. At first, a 2nd click would do the trick. Then it got to where I would have to click several times, but finally it would lock/unlock. As of now, it will not lock/unlock at all with the remote. As I said, the locks operate fine from the (inside) door switches. The gradualness of it makes me doubt it's a "loss of programming" issue, but I will try it.
Mark

Post by Mark »

Open the fob and take the card out and see if just pressing the switch buttons does anything. If you changed the battery and didn't get the card fully reseated in the fob the buttons might not be contacting the switch buttons. This happened to me not that long ago, I replaced a fob battery and then the remote didn't work at all. When I opened it back up I realized that the card wasn't all the way seated where it needed to be.
'08 Base Stealth, '05 Base Satellite