Help identifying hose

Discuss any maintenance you've done to your Vibe & Matrix and ask how to perform maintenance on your vehicle
cptnsolo77

Help identifying hose

Post by cptnsolo77 »

I believe its some sort of vent hose but not sure. Its the large hose left of the oil filler cap that goes from the front of the valve cover to the top of the throttle body. Im trying to solve my rough idle issue. That hose has a small crack on it and I want to replace it but having a hard time identifying it. If its some sort of vent that may be giving me a vacuum leak. I have one vehicle so im going to have to pay for a overpriced toyota part. No chance of pulling it off and driving to the parts store LOL. Hope this pic helps. When i take a pic from my phone the file is too large and dont know how to resize it.

https://jdmnewyork.com/product/2000-200 ... dm-1zz-fe/
* 2003 Vibe Auto Satellite Silver w / Moons & Tunes
* Kenwood Excelon KDC-X597
* Polk DB651-Speakers
* Soundproofcow Roadblock R sound deadening in all doors
* Drop In K & N Filter
* NGK Iridium IX Plugs
* 27 MPG City/Highway with AC on
Caretaker

Re: Help identifying hose

Post by Caretaker »

on the first gen, isn't that the PCV hose? If so: PCV Hose - 2003 Toyota Matrix (12262-22040)
cptnsolo77

Post by cptnsolo77 »

Caretaker wrote: Sun Sep 27, 2020 4:15 pm on the first gen, isn't that the PCV hose? If so: PCV Hose - 2003 Toyota Matrix (12262-22040)
Nah....I just replaced that one :lol: The PVC hose connects to the firewall side of the valve cover. This one is towards the front of the valve cover. Thanks for your help though.
* 2003 Vibe Auto Satellite Silver w / Moons & Tunes
* Kenwood Excelon KDC-X597
* Polk DB651-Speakers
* Soundproofcow Roadblock R sound deadening in all doors
* Drop In K & N Filter
* NGK Iridium IX Plugs
* 27 MPG City/Highway with AC on
zbyers

Post by zbyers »

To determine if that hose is your issue, wrap the cracked spot in duct tape. That would be enough to seal the leak and see what's what.

It's not the PCV hose... I think they call it HVAC hose... I found the below by just googling 2003 Vibe throttle body hose.

Since it's just two tiny easy to use hose clamps, you could drive to the parts store, and pull it off there and have the employee look it up...Or find vacuum hose that size and call it a day.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/184392075593?c ... qgEALw_wcB
'74 Thing, '79 El Camino, '83 VW DoKa '91 Vanagon, '03 Base, 04 GT
'06 CRV, '06 AWD, '07 Base, '12 Highlander Limited, '17 Frontier CCLB

Byerscrew Garage, GenVibe Facebook, How-To Index
Everything You Need To Know About the Pontiac Vibe
andrewclaus

Post by andrewclaus »

Yes it's the vent hose, not vacuum. I think it supplies clean air at near-atmospheric pressure to the PCV system. A crack could allow dirty air to enter the engine. Maybe throw off the MAF reading?

Is the throttle body clean? MAF sensor?
jolt

Post by jolt »

It is the crankcase vent hose. I am not sure what Toyota calls it. With a PCV valve on the engine that is pulling air out of the crankcase, this hose is where the air enters the crankcase.

With the engine at idle, spray some carb cleaner on the hose cracked area. If the RPM's change at all when carb cleaner hits the hose, you have a vacuum leak at that spot.