2003 ticking in dashboard

Discuss any maintenance you've done to your Vibe & Matrix and ask how to perform maintenance on your vehicle
fuzzymaster

2003 ticking in dashboard

Post by fuzzymaster »

I had this problem before and I change a prt out and fixed it, but before the ticking would stop by pushing circ button. Nothing stops the ticking this time. Still same problem? And what part needs replaced? Thanks
ColonelPanic

Re: 2003 ticking in dashboard

Post by ColonelPanic »

Yes, same problem - replace the recirculate door actuator.

They seem to have different failure modes. Ours is on #3... First time, it clicked until you toggled recircuate. Second time, it made no noise but wouldn't move the door at all. #3 is starting to click as well in either position (only clicks once or twice so far,) so I suspect it's going to click non-stop when it finally goes.

It's a garbage part, replace it and call it a day. Or split it apart and flip the gears around. I always replace it with a new one since it's so difficult to change out.

This is the actuator:
https://www.rockauto.com/en/moreinfo.ph ... 57&jsn=398
03 Vibe base. Born 10/14/2002 06:07 AM
Auto, Moon & Tunes, power package. 143k
Neptune/dying clearcoat/primer grey. :lol:

'21 Elantra Limited - 2.0L/IVT
'15 Escape SE - 1.6L EcoBoost (hers)
Image Image
Bookworm

Re: 2003 ticking in dashboard

Post by Bookworm »

ColonelPanic wrote: Fri Dec 13, 2019 11:53 am Yes, same problem - replace the recirculate door actuator.

They seem to have different failure modes. Ours is on #3... First time, it clicked until you toggled recircuate. Second time, it made no noise but wouldn't move the door at all. #3 is starting to click as well in either position (only clicks once or twice so far,) so I suspect it's going to click non-stop when it finally goes.

It's a garbage part, replace it and call it a day. Or split it apart and flip the gears around. I always replace it with a new one since it's so difficult to change out.

This is the actuator:
https://www.rockauto.com/en/moreinfo.ph ... 57&jsn=398
What I did was buy a new one, install it, then swapped the gear in the old one and put it on the shelf. When the "new" one did the same thing, I put the 'flipped' one in, because I could do that immediately, then ordered another (while flipping the gear in the one I'd just pulled)