09 2.4L turbo kits

Supercharger, turbo, nitrous, and anything that has to do with forced induction
exige1992

09 2.4L turbo kits

Post by exige1992 »

Hey guys I'm looking to do a simple turbo kit on my 2.4l 5 speed vibe, I am having the hardest time finding anything for the 2AZ (I think that's it) even under the equivalent Toyota. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you
2009 Vibe 2.4L 5speed fully optioned base model
zbyers

Re: 09 2.4L turbo kits

Post by zbyers »

monkeywrenchracing.com or turbokits.com would be the go-to for most. not sure of any bolt-on turbo applications for the 2AZ that are readily available.
'74 Thing, '79 El Camino, '83 VW DoKa '91 Vanagon, '03 Base, 04 GT
'06 CRV, '06 AWD, '07 Base, '12 Highlander Limited, '17 Frontier CCLB

Byerscrew Garage, GenVibe Facebook, How-To Index
Everything You Need To Know About the Pontiac Vibe
jolt

Re: 09 2.4L turbo kits

Post by jolt »

I read good things about the people at Tubrokits.com. There was a full write up about a 1.8L install from them with pictures but I can not find it now. The guy did excellent work on the install. He listed the prices and where and what he had done to get it all working properly. I think in the end he had 10 -12 thousand dollars into the tubro install. Here is some tuning info for a 1.8L that may be worth checking up on: https://www.corollaforum.com/threads/ex ... ible.7218/

You may come closer to finding a kit for a 2.4L if you check for a Camery as the 2.4L was the stock engine for a Camery. I do not think you will find a full kit just because the 2.4L is such a tight fit in the Vibe engine bay the way it is. There just is not a lot of room in the engine bay to install anything else and deal with the heat from a turbo. Besides the turbo, you need an air to air heat ex-changer and all the tubing feeding to and from the components. Just no room.