04 GM Supercharger Instruction Sheet Help

Supercharger, turbo, nitrous, and anything that has to do with forced induction
subter

04 GM Supercharger Instruction Sheet Help

Post by subter »

I've got a 2004 vibe I've owned since new. Had the GM Supercharger installed by a dealer when I bought it. I'm having problems with it. It's at a GM dealer right now but they're having some problems diagnosing it because there is no diagnostic information in Service Information. Just wondering if anyone has a copy of the original instruction sheet that came with the kit. Also, did the kit come with a different MAF sensor or does it use the stock one? I've had no issues with this since I've owned it. Had a very odd thing happen. It's got a CAI that I put on it a few years ago that runs over the battery. I noticed the battery terminal were corroded so I took the cables off, sprayed some CRC terminal cleaner on the cables and took a wire brush to it. Put the cables back on and after that, started it up, idled fine and would go into drive fine but right when you put it in reverse it would stall out. Investigating under the hood, while idleing if I wiggled the MAF connector it would immediately stall out. So I replaced the MAF with one from Autozone thinking I got some overspray on the sensor and it would crank no-start after that. The only other thing I could think of is that I may have touched the wrench from the battery to the CAI and fried the PCM or the supercharger module.
subter

Re: 04 GM Supercharger Instruction Sheet Help

Post by subter »

OK, after much searching, I finally found the post that has pictures of the original instructions. Here it is if it will help anyone in the future:
viewtopic.php?f=19&t=6045" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I think the supercharger ecu is fried. Is that ecu still available? Does anyone have a source for it?
joatmon

Post by joatmon »

the whole instruction pdf is 3MB, try http://sites.google.com/site/randomjoat ... nstall.pdf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
hotbug1776

Post by hotbug1776 »

http://www.nine-o-fiverides.com/scinfo/ ... nstall.pdf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://www.nine-o-fiverides.com/scinfo/ ... nstall.pdf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://www.nine-o-fiverides.com/scinfo/ ... 0Sheet.pdf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I also have hard copies and the Emanage install in English (mine only came in Japanese), plus, I saved all of these to my computer.
subter

Post by subter »

Appreciate the instruction links. Exactly what I needed. So if my S/C ecu is fried my options are original TRD ecu or unichip? Found a unichip for just over $500. Would that be my best option?
hotbug1776

Post by hotbug1776 »

subter wrote:Appreciate the instruction links. Exactly what I needed. So if my S/C ecu is fried my options are original TRD ecu or unichip? Found a unichip for just over $500. Would that be my best option?
Or emanage from greddy. Actually, there are a few more options as well.
Raven

Post by Raven »

You won't find a TRD or GM ECU. They never sold them separately from the kit. I went through the anguish back in '05.
Salsa Guy

Post by Salsa Guy »

There are TRD/GM ECUs floating around for the 03-04. They will not work on the 05+ unless it's an 05-06 AWD/4WD Vibe/Matrix.
You'll need to post a WTB on here, MO and C9 maybe even NC.
05 Matrix XR 4WD and 03 Vibe GT
"If you want Government to solve your problems, then you are the problem!" BMSR
Trix MODS: SRI w/ AEM filter, Vibrant/Magnaflow Cat-back, Alutec Lightweight Crank Pulley
GT MODS: Cosmo SRI, DRL, Auto Stop
subter

Post by subter »

Just wanted to follow up. I ordered the Unichip. It took two weeks to get it but that fixed the problem.
Salsa Guy

Post by Salsa Guy »

So the unichip is handling the 5th injector? And is dealing with the ABV Switch? If you don't have the 5th injector setup on the unichip or have 2zz injectors the engine will run lean and will fry. It's doubtful they handle the ABV switch but that is a simple mod
Trix MODS: SRI w/ AEM filter, Vibrant/Magnaflow Cat-back, Alutec Lightweight Crank Pulley
subter

Post by subter »

I have the 5th injector. What's the ABV switch?
Salsa Guy

Post by Salsa Guy »

Is the 5th injector and ABV Switch connected to the Unichip? There are 3 wires that run to TRD ECU from the SC. The Pink Wire is +12v anytime the engine is on, the Black/Pink is the ABV Switch control and the Black/White is the 5th injector control (I think those are the right colors). There is an ABV Switch mod that is very simple, it maybe posted on this site somewhere, but here's a C9 link.

http://corolla9.com/index.php?/topic/25 ... c-abv-mod/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

The 5th injector is VERY important for running these SCs because the Stock injectors (about 260 cc/min) can't put enough gas into the the engine. So the TRD ECU uses the 5th injector to enrich the gas mixture and has other benfits for the SC. The other option is to use 2zz injectors (about 310 cc/min), which is common for most piggy back ECUs. I'm not saying the Unichip can't work the 5th injector but normally that's a very delicate control.

Until you are sure the 5th injector is hooked up and working you may want to drive it very gently and keep the RPMs below 4000 whenever possible. However installed it should have connected the 5th injector to the Unichip.

Is the car an AT or MT? I do have an MT TRD ECU floating around.