SC rebuild?

Supercharger, turbo, nitrous, and anything that has to do with forced induction
krazie805

SC rebuild?

Post by krazie805 »

Well I have a 2003 vibe with a gm performance supercharger.. the car has 104,000miles the supercharger was put in around 5000 miles.. anyways I think its time to be rebuilt, does anyone know of any kits for what parts I will need to rebuild it or perhaps someone it can be sent to to.be done. Thanks.
Salsa Guy

Re: SC rebuild?

Post by Salsa Guy »

Are you have any problems, noise or running a smaller pulley or meth injection? Do you have a boost measurement? Check with PSE they may have a rebuild kit.
05 Matrix XR 4WD and 03 Vibe GT
"If you want Government to solve your problems, then you are the problem!" BMSR
Trix MODS: SRI w/ AEM filter, Vibrant/Magnaflow Cat-back, Alutec Lightweight Crank Pulley
GT MODS: Cosmo SRI, DRL, Auto Stop
silverbullet

Post by silverbullet »

Try magnuson. Mine was rebuilt there by the last owner before it came to be in my hands
krazie805

Post by krazie805 »

Salsa Guy wrote:Are you have any problems, noise or running a smaller pulley or meth injection? Do you have a boost measurement? Check with PSE they may have a rebuild kit.
I can hear it getting louder slowly, I believe.. now correct me if I'm wrong but isn't there a type of insert that goes in the supercharger to seal the blades in there sucking in all the air?? Also I need to replace my gasket for the manifold and I need to make a new suport bracket for the supercharger that little black bar broke lol.. and no smaller pully yet..
Salsa Guy

Post by Salsa Guy »

A noise issue with my SC turned out to be the belt seperating. Once it was changed the noise went away. Also you may want to check the SC idler pulley for play. That bearing will cause issues and be very noisey also.
05 Matrix XR 4WD and 03 Vibe GT
"If you want Government to solve your problems, then you are the problem!" BMSR
Trix MODS: SRI w/ AEM filter, Vibrant/Magnaflow Cat-back, Alutec Lightweight Crank Pulley
GT MODS: Cosmo SRI, DRL, Auto Stop