AMP CIRCUIT IN ENGINE FUSE BOX

Stereo, security systems, vehicle electronics, and electrical-related discussions
muttleytm

AMP CIRCUIT IN ENGINE FUSE BOX

Post by muttleytm »

The engine fuse box diagram shows there is and AMP fuse in the engine fuse box of a 2003 to 2005 Pontiac Vibe.

Is there wiring for this circuit in cars that didn't come with a factory amp under the passenger seat that you can connect to somewhere?

If not how to run the wire and connect to this circuit?
joatmon

Re: AMP CIRCUIT IN ENGINE FUSE BOX

Post by joatmon »

I don't know

At one point I dropped the cash to buy the 03 factory service manual from Helm, it was two big books. Somehow I managed to disappear the second volume, which had all the electrical diagrams. I have looked everywhere for it multiple times, to no avail. I have the 03 and 04 Matrix wiring manuals, they don't mention the amplifier, even the fuse block diagrams show the Vibe's AMP fuse as a blank, so they're no help.

I do have the attached diagram for the Vibe radio with Moon&tunes (amp & tweeters) and it shows the wire from the AMP fuse to the amp is blue with a red stripe. I think that the spot in that line marked C201 5 most likely represents pin 5 on a firewall connector somewhere. They may have had different interior wire harnesses to deal with different speaker wiring, but it seems more likely they still ran the wire from the fuse to the firewall on non-M&T cars
but that's all conjecture, sorry I can't offer more
Attachments
viberadio-MT.gif
viberadio-MT.gif (132.14 KiB) Viewed 1169 times
muttleytm

Post by muttleytm »

Thanks,

That's something to look for. It's a start.
muttleytm

Post by muttleytm »

I looked around online and inside the engine compartment. I found a post about a grommet in the firewall with a lot of wires passing through it. The post was about pulling a wire into the engine compartment for an amp:

Code: Select all

https://forums.genvibe.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?t=38853
They posted a labeled picture showing the location and an enlargement showing the grommet and wire bundle. I could see a blue wire with a red stripe in the upper right of that picture.

I also took a picture of my engine fuse box. The diagram doesn't totally match up with the real fuse box, but it looks like I have the AMP fuse in place. Sadly, my MAYDAY fuse is blank.

I've attached all of these pictures.

I think I have and can use a tone generator to make sure this is the wire and maybe locate it on the other side if I can find it.
enginefuseboxdiagramw_pictureofbox.resized.resized.resized.png
enginefuseboxdiagramw_pictureofbox.resized.resized.resized.png (257.51 KiB) Viewed 1160 times
Attachments
wiringatgrmetonfirewall.resized.jpg
wiringatgrmetonfirewall.resized.jpg (892.13 KiB) Viewed 1160 times
postpicturesaboutgrommetinfirewall.png
postpicturesaboutgrommetinfirewall.png (394.62 KiB) Viewed 1160 times