Repairing AUX port

Stereo, security systems, vehicle electronics, and electrical-related discussions
Frogger97

Repairing AUX port

Post by Frogger97 »

Hi there! I recently inherited my sister’s 2009 GT (w/Monsoon), and I’m loving it. The left channels cut in and out when I’m plugged into the AUX port, so I’m guessing some of the connections are loose. I’ve never soldered anything, or done any work on a stereo before, but I’m pretty sure I could figure it out. There are some videos online about removing the stereo, that seems easy enough, but I can’t find anything about accessing the aux port/board within the box. Has anyone taken the radio apart before, do you think it is feasible for a mechanically-inclined amateur to fix the AUX port? If anyone has any helpful tips, I would be most appreciative.

Thanks in advance!
cq358

Re: Repairing AUX port

Post by cq358 »

I am using tooth pick to try temporary secure the port for now.Totally understand the frustration. the worsted it become when car get hot in summer month. I think would need to open the thing to fix the solder joins too bad my eyes is not good as i first brought it 15 years ago. I will try take some pictures to do a quick walk through next few weeks.

i think there might be another aux connection point at the back of the Org OEM Delphi