In dash cd/radio, monsoon, onstar, and steering wheel controls, w/xm sat radio

Stereo, security systems, vehicle electronics, and electrical-related discussions
sleeperrx7

In dash cd/radio, monsoon, onstar, and steering wheel controls, w/xm sat radio

Post by sleeperrx7 »

Hello,

This might be an old repost, but......

I want to install a new radio/head unit (Pioneer). I have Gm's onstar (includes the rear view mirror controls), steering wheel volume controls, and the Monsoon sound system. I want to keep the factory amp/Monsoon equipment. I have the 2009 Vibe GT, 2.4, Manual Trans. Also has XM Sat Radio

Which aftermarket module works for my setup? I would like to keep everything o.e.m. working (like the Onstar/Monsoon), etc. Has anyone tried the Matrix specific audio parts on the Pontiacs?

Which aftermarket module works for the steering wheel controls or can the controls be built or included in the above mentioned module as well?

I used to work for Toyota. The factory Toyota scan tool would communicate with the Vibe. We replaced a lot of parts on vibes w/OEM Matrix part numbers. Never had any issues. Also the Toyota parts were half the cost of the GM parts!. So anything made for the Matrix should work as well. I see GM parts on the 1st gen vibes, but not the 09-10 Model Years. In face I see zero GM B.S. on the 09-10 models except for the emblems and Onstar.

Thank for the help! Merry Christmas!
zbyers

Re: In dash cd/radio, monsoon, onstar, and steering wheel controls, w/xm sat radio

Post by zbyers »

Crutchfield is the best source for radio bits and pieces and to determine what may or may not work.

I know on the first gen, the radio, HVAC system, and body panels are specific to each manufacturer. Not 100% positive on the second gen, so cannot confirm if the matrix radio stuff would work.
'74 Thing, '79 El Camino, '83 VW DoKa '91 Vanagon, '03 Base, 04 GT
'06 CRV, '06 AWD, '07 Base, '12 Highlander Limited, '17 Frontier CCLB

Byerscrew Garage, GenVibe Facebook, How-To Index
Everything You Need To Know About the Pontiac Vibe