Adding Keyless Entry to an '06?

Stereo, security systems, vehicle electronics, and electrical-related discussions
dmoose5835

Adding Keyless Entry to an '06?

Post by dmoose5835 »

Snagged an '06 with manual everything pretty recently and was looking at adding keyless entry with an aftermarket kit. That looks like a mechanical nightmare, but I did learn that the actuators are already part of the door latches ... at least the connectors are there.

The manuals I've been able to locate don't really give me much detail about the hookup, though.

Does anyone have the pinouts and maybe the voltge/current requirements and limits for these?
zbyers

Re: Adding Keyless Entry to an '06?

Post by zbyers »

I know of one person who has added power locks to his 05 Vibe... He is on the Facebook page (see link in my comment).

He isn't an electrical dude by any means, but was able to install it over a variety of weekends between work/school for him. From what I've gathered not overly difficult, but not a cake walk.
'74 Thing, '79 El Camino, '83 VW DoKa '91 Vanagon, '03 Base, 04 GT
'06 CRV, '06 AWD, '07 Base, '12 Highlander Limited, '17 Frontier CCLB

Byerscrew Garage, GenVibe Facebook, How-To Index
Everything You Need To Know About the Pontiac Vibe
SlammedNiss

Re: Adding Keyless Entry to an '06?

Post by SlammedNiss »

dmoose5835 wrote: Mon Dec 09, 2019 8:03 am Snagged an '06 with manual everything pretty recently and was looking at adding keyless entry with an aftermarket kit. That looks like a mechanical nightmare, but I did learn that the actuators are already part of the door latches ... at least the connectors are there.

The manuals I've been able to locate don't really give me much detail about the hookup, though.

Does anyone have the pinouts and maybe the voltge/current requirements and limits for these?
So you don't have power locks at all? Are you planning on adding an actuator to all 4 doors? The wiring part is pretty easy actually. Mounting the actuators will be the hardest part. Btw, if you have any questions regarding wiring it, lemme know. I've been doing remote start/keyless entries since around '93.
2003 Matrix Xrs Automatic - SOLD :'(
2011 Rav4 Sport