2009 Vibe GT Lights

Stereo, security systems, vehicle electronics, and electrical-related discussions
350kVibe

2009 Vibe GT Lights

Post by 350kVibe »

I know how to turn off the headlights with the parking brake at night if I don't plan on moving but has found a way to make them manually operable when in motion? There are many reasons this would be ideal but mostly it would be nice to be able to turn them off as I'm pulling into my driveway at night so I don't wake up my family when I get home from work at 1am. If someone has managed this without completely disabling the auto-lights, and instead making them optional, I'm willing to get creative. :lol:

Also, has anyone done work on the cluster (instrument panel) that could give me some pointers? Truth be told I haven't done much research on it yet. Can it be taken out and 'operated on' easily?
2009 Vibe GT
hogdoctor

Re: 2009 Vibe GT Lights

Post by hogdoctor »

You could run the headlamp ground wires through a 30 amp relay normally closed contact, and power the relay off a toggle switch...
350kVibe

Re: 2009 Vibe GT Lights

Post by 350kVibe »

I ripped out the pestilent blue wire that was causing me so much grief and am finally in control of my headlights.

I'm still curious.. has anyone done work on the cluster?
2009 Vibe GT