VSS swap 2zz

Stereo, security systems, vehicle electronics, and electrical-related discussions
tegowner

VSS swap 2zz

Post by tegowner »

Hello everyone, car gurus, geniuses, gods!

I finished (almost) my 2003 2zz/c60 swap in a 2004 base vibe.
I swapped the complete dash harness too, instead of fiddling with the wiring because I thought it would be easier....

Well not that much since my speedometer is not working.

I know my mistake, I didn't swapped the whole abs system.

I have 2 options I think.

1st one : take the dash appart again, remove the gt dash harness, remove the 2zz engine harness, put back alllllllll the 1zz dash and engine harness on the 2zz , add the lift wires, oil pressure wire blah blah blah.

OR

Take the vss from my old transmission and the connector, install them to the c60 add wires for ground, 12v and signal to the SPD pin on the ecu and done? ( I have the ecu pinout and the vss pinout )
I think I'm going that way and that it will work, but I'd like to be sure that it's gonna work

I didn't read enough before doing the swap, at first with the base dash harness the car wouldn't run, I kinda panicked and took the "easy" solution of swapping the gt dash harness, now my car works, but the only thing that is missing is the speedo and lift ( cutoff was at 7k because of the check engine light with the vss code?)

Now I've read more on the subject, found the RIGHT ecu pinout ( was a bit of a pain) and I'm close to the end!

Thanks for any help!

Max